Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22481 22482 22483 ... 22707 22708 22709
By Afania 2023-10-13 07:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Wonder if it's the same for people who grew up with modern cartoons but to me almost any 3D in anime is a instant ticket to uncanny valley.

Most of the top tier action scene these days pretty much require 3D to create smooth camera rotation tbh. Ufotable and Mihoyo use 3D in their anime heavily so the cinematography of their action scenes are very very strong.

For example, this is one fighting scene in Demon Slayer that made this anime a hit on social media a few years ago.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Very, very few people complained about "3D in anime, uncanny valley!!" when they saw this. Most of them greatly enjoyed the scene. We didn't get this kind of cinematography in the 80s before 3D technology.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-13 12:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Boys. If they would completely scrap literally every marvel product and just make hundreds of Loki episodes, I'd be down for that.

For a while. Lemme tell ya.

*** Black Panther, *** the Falcon, *** F4, *** Xmen, *** the marvels, *** blade, just Loki, all Loki
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-13 14:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Also, all hail Microsoft Blizzard
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-13 15:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
RIP fans of Diablo, StarCraft, Warcraft, and Crash Bandicoot. Those IPs are going to go the way of Banjo-Kazooie, Gears of War, Perfect Dark, DisHonored, Prey, and so on.

If they're lucky, maybe Call of Duty and Candy Crush will live on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-13 16:28:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
RIP fans of Diablo, StarCraft, Warcraft, and Crash Bandicoot. Those IPs are going to go the way of Banjo-Kazooie, Gears of War, Perfect Dark, DisHonored, Prey, and so on.

If they're lucky, maybe Call of Duty and Candy Crush will live on.
As opposed to how they are now?
[+]
By Draylo 2023-10-13 17:42:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Shichishito 2023-10-13 23:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
For example, this is one fighting scene in Demon Slayer
I assume this is sarcasm? I mean it boils down to personal preference I guess but the video you're praising here is imho more of a typical example for bad 3D, its done not because it looks great but because it's cheap. Are there even any 2D elements in this scene?

A good example for good combination of 2D with 3D, even though arguably not strictly anime, would be the Arcane series. Looks good but most likely wasn't cheap at all.

By the way, real movie clips have been used for tracing as early as disneys snow white, maybe even earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if 3D was used in 80s and 90s ,too. However, if they used 3D didn't put the raw 3D footage in the movie like they do today but instead traced over it.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-14 02:02:36
Link | Citer | R

I suppose teachers/instructors dont need to play clean with students, as a way to challenge them and see how they respond.

But damn... here Im wasting my time in css class, trying to make a damn title look exactly like the goal one only using the few techniques learned in that topic...

Only to find the instructor played dirty and he changed the html. So, I could spend my entire life and would never achieve the goal unless I peaked the solution like I did, what was also a cheat.

Well, the good thing is that I wont drop my guard from now on as this could be way damaging to me to do.

A solid 2h I spent in an impossible task could be way more benefitial spent learning something other than css, that was never my intention to begin with.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-14 02:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Thats kinda funny the challenge is: "do the layout using float".

Then next lesson about flexbox: "doing layout using float is no good. Dont do it".

Its almost like someone teaching you to manually write a book, only to 5 minutes after you finish he says you to use computer instead.
By Felgarr 2023-10-14 02:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »

Wish I could have went. How is NYCC this year? Looks extremely packed as usual.
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-10-14 05:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Some people Created their own Ragnarok online a totally new Game with new classes/jobs and builds lol, and it looks awesome return to morroc lol, Even textures are upgraded

By Afania 2023-10-14 06:28:29
Link | Citer | R

I assume this is sarcasm? I mean it boils down to personal preference I guess but the video you're praising here is imho more of a typical example for bad 3D,

If that is your preference/opinion, then you are certainly in the very minority lol. In anime community I really, really rarely seen anybody complained about Ufotable's fighting scenes. It's almost always being universally praised as having higher fighting scene presentation than most other anime studios.

its done not because it looks great but because it's cheap.

According to google average anime episode budget is only $140k-180k.

Demon slayer ova is 15m for the movie, tv version is about 900k per episode. It actually has FAR higher budget than average anime episode. Not sure how is this cheap.

Unless you are comparing to Arcane(10m per episode) directly. Arcane is on the very high end when it comes to budget, their budget is not average. still not a fair comparison anyways.

Also just FYI, western 3D animation(and live action movies too)often use 2D in background because they are cheaper to create than an equally detailed 3D background. So it's not like western studios never try to save money.....

A good example for good combination of 2D with 3D, even though arguably not strictly anime, would be the Arcane series. Looks good but most likely wasn't cheap at all.

I am not sure why Arcane is the one being compared aesthetically.
Isn't it a 3D animation made by a western studio? So it's not even anime. Nor its target audience anime fans. They use a completely different production methods from Japanese anime.

Japanese anime is still primarily 2D, because anime fans prefer "flat" or manga looks for a character, sometimes they want manga-ish presentation which is best done in 2D. Afaik 3D is used for camera rotation or certain objects in anime.

Western 3D animation has a completely different production pipeline. In a 3D pipeline characters are modelled/rigged/keyed in 3D and background can be 2D or 3D depending on the camera. So the entire pipeline and results are different.

They are 2 different aesthetic choices that can't be compared. The more fair comparison would be comparing Japanese anime from 80-early 90s when every frame were hand-drawn v.s today's anime with more 3D camera/object rotation and special effects.

I've been watching Japanese anime since 80s, and I still watch super old classic anime from 70s occasionally. Personally I still think current gen anime looks way better than 80-90s anime with better cinematography and lighting/effects thanks to 3D technology. (Ignoring the design style, which is more of a preference).

Edit: decided to quickly re-check 2D gundams from the 80s gundam anime as I typed this, immediately I found 3 perspective errors when these hand drawn 2D gundams move and rotate.... THAT is uncanny valley to me lol.

Yeah, 3D gundams in 2022 gundam anime looked way better to me, at least they can rotate more accurately. No reason to hate 3D in anime imo.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-10-14 09:27:41
Link | Citer | R

By the way, real movie clips have been used for tracing as early as disneys snow white, maybe even earlier.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotoscoping
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-14 10:36:44
Link | Citer | R

TL:DW most is exactly XI lul
Overstuffed Inventory
***UI/Meta
Dailys
Currency shops (giving currency a value so you know how much time:reward)
Excessive "situational" gear
Quantity over Quality
"Required" addons (gearswap)
Unfriendly for alts
Autoplay (not automation, but like auto attack)
***UI, again!
Lockstyle
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-14 10:49:42
Link | Citer | R

The first time I logged into black desert online I nearly puked from ui overload
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2023-10-14 15:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh my gosh, this place is still thriving!
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-14 19:08:52
Link | Citer | R

I have never seen someone change heel so fast lol

8 seconds turning faith and confidence into frustration
By Felgarr 2023-10-14 20:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
I have never seen someone change heel so fast lol

8 seconds turning faith and confidence into frustration

Man, that little taru used to be such a ***. All the crazy things people used to speculate you needed to kill him. (A lot of folks insisted on not using the rarab tail thing, but I also have helped people in runs where every character has one).

Honestly, that's a cool idea. I'd like to see that item be used in other places (or as a gil/currency-sink).
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 02:27:37
Link | Citer | R

I remember the very first time I did the last LB.

I was in my very first LS too, and there were a couple of other players in my same situation.

At that point, we had barely any clue what to do, but people went the word "hey the LS leader gonna beat it for us".

Also they said that LS leader had an empy. It was probably the very first time I saw someone with empy weapon.

He dropped down the tarutaru quite smoothly, and I felt for a long time that empy were like those godsend weapons that could turn any character into a invincible monster.

I actually dont remember anything from that fight, but I think that LS leader had a Twashtar as an empy.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-15 07:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yomisha said: »
Oh my gosh, this place is still thriving!
/cheer

/changes-your-avi-to-Bobby
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-15 09:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I remember the very first time I did the last LB.
I remember doing it, but I also remember someone taking the reins and making short work of the fight, so I don't remember much about the fight itself.

But it is kinda funny how trivial the olde rarab tails make that fight. If everyone brings one (or if you bring several, now that it's not tagged as rare), just glass-cannon the fight and it's over in no time.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-15 09:54:18
Link | Citer | R

For my LP character I tried it without the pickled tail first, and almost won.

Then I came back with the pickled tail and roflstomped him.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-15 10:02:36
Link | Citer | R

That little ***and his 100 damage cap hax.

We took 4 ukon wars and couldn't figure out why the hell we could only do like 300 damage. So pissed.

Then we just all changed to mnk. Stupid gimmick.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-15 11:00:21
Link | Citer | R

The Aussies got a little loosey during a recent SailGP event. SailGP is a traveling circuit of foiling catamaran races, similar in style to F1- show up in high-profile cities, take over for a week with fashion, music, and art, then race some sailboats a day or two, and move on^^
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 15:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Ow friggs...

The story went south very quickly.

Well, it was not unexpected as this game simply overflow of red flags.

But.... it nade a nasty move of "5 years later..." making some of my unfinished quests to be... impossible to complete.

That annoyed me to no end. To the point im simply not doing any quests non related to the main story, and just keep going faster to the end.

I hate those points with no turning back. And this one came very unexpected, right in an intermission.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 16:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Not only the no-turning-back point was pulled in an intermission, but they also let you save right before you were aware of that.

This is not random, im sure Yoko Taro demented mind pulled this trick fully aware just to piss many players.

To force anyone aiming to 100% to do it at least twice.
By Yomisha 2023-10-15 16:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Nooo! Absolutely not.

Now to go snoop around. I'm not sure if my urge to play is real or because I helped someone with the archaic login process and got hit in the nostalgia feels.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 16:33:36
Link | Citer | R

If this game is anything like its predecessors, then I surely bought a one way ticket to bad-ending-village.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-15 17:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, this ruined my gameplay, i dont feel more like investing time on something is already a fluke boat.

Back to watching the pros I guess.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-15 18:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Blizzard having some problems out here
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22481 22482 22483 ... 22707 22708 22709