Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22480 22481 22482 ... 22707 22708 22709
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-10 11:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
Oof, Ever Crisis has dropped Aerith's princess dress right before Halloween. I want it (and Zack's prince costume to match later), but is it worth missing out on potential spoopy costumes? ;w;

I lucked out a bit there. I had some really good stamp rolls and still have enough crystals for Halloween. I'm not sure if Aerith gets a spoopy costume too or if this is it for October, though.
If the "datamine" going around is to be believed, the Halloween banners will have Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, and Zack, with the event freebie being for Yuffie (implying we won't get the event until the end of month story update).
But I'm not sure I can see it happening, because that'd mean dropping both the Yuffie banner and Halloween banner at the same time.
Also it'd be a second event in a row with Cloud/Aerith/Zack taking costume slots and that's kinda *** when you know full well Cloud and Aerith will also be getting Christmas and/or New Year costumes. Give Barret and the First Soldier gang some love!
By Draylo 2023-10-10 12:06:20
Link | Citer | R

No breaks so far, bubble wrap saved my life. Have to set all my crap up

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-10-10 13:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Draylo makin' bank living in the big city!
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-10 15:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Someone who hasnt even used the AH stole "ledge" on Odin

By Pantafernando 2023-10-10 18:29:05
Link | Citer | R

One quote that marked me today:

"Rejection can certainly motivate some of the darkest instincts of human nature".
By Pantafernando 2023-10-10 19:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm…

Im watching Nier longplay, and i feel like i could enjoy it.

The massive amount of quests is a letdown though.

Plus seeing the MC rushing between towns entirely by foot. Not seeing any teleport. Whats this? FFXI before HP?

Finally this Kainé cloths maybe the sluttish dress i ever see in a character that, so far, doesnt seems to fit that role.

The buttchecks arent even covered. Whats the point of those strings, pretending its some sort of cloths?
By fractalvoid 2023-10-11 00:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hmmm…

Im watching Nier longplay, and i feel like i could enjoy it.

The massive amount of quests is a letdown though.

Plus seeing the MC rushing between towns entirely by foot. Not seeing any teleport. Whats this? FFXI before HP?

Finally this Kainé cloths maybe the sluttish dress i ever see in a character that, so far, doesnt seems to fit that role.

The buttchecks arent even covered. Whats the point of those strings, pretending its some sort of cloths?

i really liked this game and have been meaning to do a replay of it. def a lot of side quests, but most are pretty fun/have cool lore. one of my favs is the hacking minigame w the robot in the little forest town.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-10-11 04:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
And then Merited WSes came out, and Resolution said hello <3
I liked Crescent Moon, and its upgrade, Sickle Moon. I also liked Spinning Slash's simplcitiy & oomph, but Sickle Moon was like an air painting (ok I'm exaggerating a little, that sounds more like Guillotine)

Anyways, you can imagine how I felt when Resolution was out. It was like Sickle Moon and Spinning Slash just had a baby! Such a beautiful beast!
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-11 13:23:12
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even play any scythe jobs but when that ws came out that looked like it cut into hueco mundo and tore into the dimension, I was super hyped

"oh ***, we espadas now boys"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-10-11 14:01:20
Link | Citer | R

I find the merited weapon skills very polarizing. They're either among my favourites or least-favourites in the game, with very few lying anywhere in the middle. They're all very movement-heavy, which is super cool. But some of them move so fast and change velocity so quickly that the weapons appear weightless. And I find the lack of inertia takes me out of the experience.

Just my luck, among the ones I dislike are Requiescat and Exenterator, which are for the weapons I use the most often.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-11 17:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I bought Nier, starting the play right now.

Lets see how this will go.

Ive only watched 3~4h so not much was spoiled.

The entire longplay took like 24h so it doesnt seems like a overly huge game.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-11 17:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Ive mixed feelings, maybe the old dude version sounds interesting.

Why JP and ENG versions took waste their time to redo the MC, its beyond me.

It wasnt in an age where the cultural barrier were that exacerbated.

Im still wondering why.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-11 18:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Have you ever thought that in game, none simply walk during the game? Instead everyone is always running here and there.

Quite the opposite of real life, where everyone walks even for long distances. Its unusual seeing people rushing in the street for the sake of moving, unless that person is very late or doing some exercises.

And, weirdly, in games, the rolling option generally is the one that provides the max acceleration. So that its not unusual seeing the player rolling in every place. Just remember Link in many Zelda games.

Now suppose real life was like in game... Imagine we walking to some place, and seeing everyone in street rolling like their life depend on it. Quite fun to think that executive, all dressed with tuxedo, rolling to reach his office.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-11 19:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Have you ever thought that in game, none simply walk during the game? Instead everyone is always running here and there.
I walk very often, because I exp on gravity and curse mobs

Damn you, feiyan page 6 grounds of valor 5 bats 2 bogeys, that piercing bonus I am addicted too will be the death of me
By Afania 2023-10-12 05:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Ive mixed feelings, maybe the old dude version sounds interesting.

Why JP and ENG versions took waste their time to redo the MC, its beyond me.

It wasnt in an age where the cultural barrier were that exacerbated.

Im still wondering why.

Isn't Nier a 2010 game? The reason was mentioned in an interview. At that time SE marketing people believed western audience prefers older MC. That's why they made an older MC. Eventually they learned that western anime fans(aka usual SE game target audience) actually prefers younger MC. But that knowledge comes after the game release.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-12 06:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that was exactly why it surprised me.

If it was somewhere like 90’s, it would make a lot of sense, if you think manga style were generally those slim characters while westerners always favored the muscular build. Just think Breath of Fire 2 cover, where you clearly see the cultural thing there.

But 2010? At that point the japanese media was already well stablished anywhere. Thats why i felt kind that decision so out of context
By Pantafernando 2023-10-12 06:36:50
Link | Citer | R

That said, i think i would enjoy more seeing the old dude guy.

Im not sympathizing with teenager characters anymore
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-12 12:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Toriyama has actually lost his mind this time.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-12 13:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Oh Jesus canon GTvII
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-10-12 13:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Nah, GT only turned Goku into a kid as setup, but the premise was far more than that. This feels like that awful 90s trend of making baby versions of popular shows.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-12 13:50:23
Link | Citer | R

I always read Dragon Ball GT as Dragon Ball Gran Turismo

Maybe thats why I never felt like watching it. I never liked too much car racing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-12 13:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Nah, GT only turned Goku into a kid as setup, but the premise was far more than that. This feels like that awful 90s trend of making baby versions of popular shows.

That's why it's v2. If GT were canon, it takes place about 10 years after super. Toriyama didn't want to do it, but this is his version of it.

They already hit a lot of the GT ark slightly modified in super, but this opens canon ssj4(ssj4godssj) ((MUI potential unlocked full power ssj4godssj4))

Every sayajin going kid form means all can now regrow tails.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-12 14:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
ssj4(ssj4godssj)

I had to carefully reread this to figure out if you meant something or was just smashing the keyboard.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-10-12 18:22:09
Link | Citer | R

After 30 years, I think I'm finally done with dragon ball. And I liked (parts of) GT.

Not a fan of the latest manga arc either. Feels like filler content, but it's not.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-10-12 19:17:59
Link | Citer | R

oh lordy that set sure takes me back, now it's just free in a chest lol

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-10-12 19:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

After 30 years, I think I'm finally done with dragon ball. And I liked (parts of) GT.

Not a fan of the latest manga arc either. Feels like filler content, but it's not.

I felt satisfied after the end of Buu saga.

At that point, the arcs already had that feel of episodic content, nearly unrelated to each other, with power creep already out of control.

I think DBZ could end in grand style with Freeza. At that time, all sagas were interconnected, one generating the other: Raditz came to Earth because of Goku, Vegetta came to Earth because Raditz spoiled the dragon balls, the Z warriors and Freeza went to Namek because Vegetta spoiled nameks dragon balls.

Then, Cell appeared out of nowhere. Somehow, the human technology, that was only relevant to power under 100, now could crush a SSJ. Buu appeared out of nowhere, etc.

In his prime, i felt like Toryama was still delivering content with nicely written development, you were always anticipating the next move, despite the move itself wasnt anything interesting per see.

But finishing Buu, well, you were already at a point you would pull out any new transformation out of anyones *** just repeat same pattern of setting up the saga boss as one step above everyone, just to someone pull the transformation and set the new standard.

Maybe if he resorted to a new reset, by making the old warriors step out of the stage and start a new cast, lowering the power standard so that you wouldnt need to come up with anything new, just reuse the same transformation with new players. But historically, i dont remeber that many series that managed to deliver new generation in the same series
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-10-12 19:54:14
Link | Citer | R

That's what GT did, but kind of the reason GT sucks.

Depowered Goku, the whole series he should've just went ssj3 and flicked every enemy to death, but "couldn't"
(they ALL "mysteriously" forgot they can fly, too, until 30 episodes in)

Toriyama also wanted the new series to star goten and/or trunks, but test audience hated the idea. (so now we get kid goku/vegeta instead of their kids)
By Dodik 2023-10-12 20:13:48
Link | Citer | R

I think DBZ could end in grand style with Freeza

Originally, it did. Toriyama only had written up to end of Freeza arc and that was the whole story, but after it got so popular he was convinced by the TV producers or his editor don't remember to keep the story going.

And now we have kid Goku, again. Sigh..
By Shichishito 2023-10-12 21:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Wonder if it's the same for people who grew up with modern cartoons but to me almost any 3D in anime is a instant ticket to uncanny valley.
By Pantafernando 2023-10-13 02:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Hm…. Ive already spent more time (like twice) playing than watching the longplay, but I accomplished less than the guy.

Well, because its a ROG, i pretend im grinding the starter areas, to try to power creep next boss.

Problem is… it actually doesnt makes sense. The TNL 8, thats quite low is already massive high compared the fodders exp (TNL is 3000 and movs gives 20). Money is garbage too, also there is no upgrade available to purchase.

Feels like trying to hit lv99 and millions gil only farming in south gustamberg

So, im just pointlessly wasting my time in starter zones.
First Page 2 3 ... 22480 22481 22482 ... 22707 22708 22709