Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22473 22474 22475 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-25 20:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Pause buffering lets you line up, pull the trigger, and shoot frame perfect

When not pause buffering they miss all the time! (bawk orch dist waifu nevs trey spicee etc)

https://www.youtube.com/@CallmeZeroo/videos
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-25 21:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
idk just when I see PC players doing speed runs I have this inherent distrust because it seems too good to be true. This game the preferable method for speed running is the rifle and they never miss a shot, rly weird. I did see one that kept pausing as he aimed, constantly, but I guess maybe some just practice that much who knows. Not me tho lol
If they're PC players, aren't they using the mouse to point click aim, so they just click where they want the bullet to go?
By Pantafernando 2023-09-26 02:48:32
Link | Citer | R

I would prefer the classical approach, simply kicking their balls
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-09-26 07:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Well ***, Ever Crisis' first stream was a big one.
Sephiroth playable after this week's update.
Reducing stamina recharge time from 1 every 6 minutes to 1 every 2 minutes. Giving 3 stamina tonics for daily missions instead of 1.
Leaderboard event is actually pretty fair. Best rewards (crystals) are from first-time clears, and the leaderboard just gives generic gacha tickets.
High-difficulty Sephiroth battle simulator event (based on the CC battle sim missions) after that, and then Halloween story event after that.
PC client already in the works (why couldn't you do this for First Soldier you ***).
Stream rewards are big too; 5* weapon for Sephiroth, 5* First Soldier ticket, 1,000 crystals, and 20 stamina tonics.

EDIT: Stream rewards are out already, except for the Sephiroth weapon which will be given out after his release.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-09-26 08:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
If they're PC players, aren't they using the mouse to point click aim, so they just click where they want the bullet to go?
Still requires personal dexterity. I'd know; I can't play shooters to save my life. Even when I'm doing my day job I lose track of my mouse constantly, or I click the wrong icon by mistake.

Back in ye olde split screen console days, I was at least adequate. I guess thumbstick sensitivity slowed everything down enough where my brain could keep up. So when I played my first ever online shooter, I thought everyone was cheating. Later I realized I was just really, really bad.
By Shichishito 2023-09-26 09:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Back in the early 2000s it was a more even playing field for fps, everyone had a monitor with roughly 60 frames and a equally shitty mouse, the only real divider were the graphics card, maybe the CPU and most importantly wether you were playing on 56k modem or ISDN.

In todays PC gaming you can buy into advantages everywhere from fiberglass internet, 360Hz monitor to the absolutly overpowered Gaming char with RGB lights.

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I can't play shooters to save my life. Even when I'm doing my day job I lose track of my mouse constantly, or I click the wrong icon by mistake.
That's most likely a mouse (and maybe a eye sight) issue. Cheaper mice often use laser sensors for tracking which have the advantage that they work on surfaces where optical sensors have to pass, for example glass.
However, afaik almost all laser mice have acceleration algorithms integrated that try to make predictions instead of pointing precisely where you aim, even if you turned off mouse acceleration in windows (always turn that off for shooters).

With acceleration you could move your mouse exactly 1 inch over and over and your curser would travel a varying distances every time depending on how fast you moved the mouse, that makes it impossible to build muscle memory and improve.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-09-26 10:12:57
Link | Citer | R

40 years ago today....this beauty did something that no one else could for 132 years- took The Auld Mug from New York Yacht Club. If any of you are interested in some of the backstory of the 1983 America's Cup (Sounds like a ridiculous sentence...til you realize it involves the Mafia, the CIA, SCUBA divers, and an investigation afterwards into the Skipper of the American Team for possible ties to the Communist Party^^), Netflix's "Untold" series has a pretty solid episode on this historic moment.

To the Aussies and Australia II, and the days of spinnakers, top secret keels that stayed hidden til after the racing, and sad Newport, RI citizenry- you did what The Brits still haven't done, and ushered in a new era of Southern Hemisphere Sailing. Its because of Kookaburra that I was allowed as a 9 year old to stay up til 4 am for an entire month in 1987 when they would host in Perth :)

(This is Australia II- in the 80s and 90s it was very common for a campaign to involve 2 boats with complete crews to challenge, not just one for the team. In the end of the Challenger's Series, she would beat her sister Australia to challenge the Americans).

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-26 14:27:08
Link | Citer | R

So today, for lulz, I farmed full set of all the Sea Jailers and killed em all.
OMG navigating those zones is SO annoying. So full of blocked spots, warps that delete your buffs and trusts, closed doors and the DREADED DROPS.
Took me over an hour to get a bloody HQ Phuabo organ with TH8 on THF.
Took me so long to get Grah Chips, and over 2hrs to make the Ix'Aern DRK pop.

Around 50 mins to get the "aura" necessary to pop the other Ix'aern.
GWAAAAA

And all those NMs are immune to every single debuffs, except the new ones because they weren't in-game when they created those NMs lol.

I dunno, I farmed a lot of Sea back in the golden era, I thoroughfully loved it back then, but I'm pretty glad the game moved on from those standards.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-26 16:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I thoroughfully loved it back then, but I'm pretty glad the game moved on from those standards.
Well you know, back in the day we had entire LS there to farm and socialize with. The burden wasn't all on you alone to do the farming. Hell, you could even step away for a few minutes while your LSmates continued.

The flaws and annoyances you feel now are partially because you're alone.
Not saying it's stellar content design, but it was definitely designed with taking groups to do it in mind.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-09-26 17:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah and if I recall correctly, the triggers weren't even 100% drop back then. And the ??? had crazy long respawn timers. Sea was a nightmare man.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-26 17:04:52
Link | Citer | R

yeah running around in circles like worker ants for 8-12 hours to not even get a Temperance pop was peak entertainment

then another 6 hours the next day only to get nothing!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-26 17:11:14
Link | Citer | R

One of my loved Youtube series is Creepy Bad Endings.

Love how this long 100+ episode series showcase games which the ending are simply terrible to the world/main character, always wondering what you did wrong in your gameplay.

Well, Drakengard would be a suitable contender for an episode. 4/5 endings unlocked, 3 terribly bad endings, and the 4th now is slightly better.

Now moving on to the last ending, hopefully its the so called "Good ending".
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-26 19:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Panta Bad End-O
By Pantafernando 2023-09-26 20:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Panta Bad End-O

The canon ending: me surrounded by many half naked mithras feeding me grapes in my golden chair
[+]
By Draylo 2023-09-27 00:01:41
Link | Citer | R

Was able to get them posed together

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-09-27 01:33:23
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
Well ***, Ever Crisis' first stream was a big one.
Sephiroth playable after this week's update.
Reducing stamina recharge time from 1 every 6 minutes to 1 every 2 minutes. Giving 3 stamina tonics for daily missions instead of 1.
Leaderboard event is actually pretty fair. Best rewards (crystals) are from first-time clears, and the leaderboard just gives generic gacha tickets.
High-difficulty Sephiroth battle simulator event (based on the CC battle sim missions) after that, and then Halloween story event after that.
PC client already in the works (why couldn't you do this for First Soldier you ***).
Stream rewards are big too; 5* weapon for Sephiroth, 5* First Soldier ticket, 1,000 crystals, and 20 stamina tonics.

EDIT: Stream rewards are out already, except for the Sephiroth weapon which will be given out after his release.

You already have to play the game so friggin' much to keep up with the stamina tonics they've given out thus far. Now they're giving out more daily with 3x the recovery speed? Were the whales complaining or something?
By Pantafernando 2023-09-27 07:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Funny how translation/dub trying to tune down the content ends destroying the logic.

Like: Manah reads Furiaes mind and tell it to Caim: "Borther, hold me".

Then Caim feels disgusted, and Furiae commits s**cide and Im like... WTF?

The original version has some more... unorthodox content, that feels like more palatable than this garbage of sequence.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-27 09:32:56
Link | Citer | R

It is unbelievable that servers(asura) still lose the god damn candy.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-09-27 11:29:24
Link | Citer | R

More EC rambling:
Murasame and Heavy Hauser are being added to the generic ticket pools and the Cloud/Barret tickets. Guess these weapons won't be as limited as people originally thought. Curious to see if they do the same with the summer weapons.
And Sephiroth's weapons are not being added to the FS tickets. But is that just for now? Or will they be added a month later, like Murasame? Gonna hold onto my tickets just a bit longer, since I'm in no rush to build the FS gang.

My biggest problem now is chocobos; the shop won't give me any river chocobos above F rank. I need an upgrade. >:I

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

You already have to play the game so friggin' much to keep up with the stamina tonics they've given out thus far. Now they're giving out more daily with 3x the recovery speed? Were the whales complaining or something?
Whales wouldn't care since they could just buy crystals to refill. But yes, one of the most common complaints I've seen everywhere online (besides that the game isn't available in SEA) is how long the stamina takes to recharge. Though I think they may have overcorrected a bit here.
And I'm already back down below 99 tonics despite the 160 from CC's anniversary and 46 from the stream lmao. Figured they'd last longer, but leveling subweapons and farming synthesis materials drained them fast when each tonic is only a single 3x material run.
By Wordspoken 2023-09-27 12:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's my Asura *wipes a tear*
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-27 13:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
with like 1 person needed to win beseiged now and the silver voucher *** giving rewards for besieged each month, I am shocked.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-09-27 13:52:25
Link | Citer | R

His salvage farming bot is out of commission until the AC is returned lol
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-09-27 16:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura has no one interested in going to defend Al Zahbi at all, huh?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-09-27 16:05:56
Link | Citer | R

It's more that no one will rescue prisoners.

It takes 100 besieges to kill a general but once they're caught they just rot. 300 besieges later there's only one general left. And they lose.

(normally I just go clip and let them all go and/or take the candy back, but that much warping seems to be the only bannable offense now, so ain't happenin)
By Pantafernando 2023-09-27 16:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura has no one interested in going to defend Al Zahbi at all, huh?

There is no interest without money there
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-09-27 17:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Do other servers have an Enasa? Valefor has a dude who will announce current and future Besieged all day. He's a true legend.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-09-27 20:10:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-27 20:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
One of my loved Youtube series is Creepy Bad Endings.

Love how this long 100+ episode series showcase games which the ending are simply terrible to the world/main character, always wondering what you did wrong in your gameplay.

Well, Drakengard would be a suitable contender for an episode. 4/5 endings unlocked, 3 terribly bad endings, and the 4th now is slightly better.

Now moving on to the last ending, hopefully its the so called "Good ending".

Yeah… 5 endings and all of them are creepy bad ending.

Overall, i guess i enjoyed this game more than what i expected. Not for the game per se. The dynasty warrior part becomes like a smash buttom fest. Though i must admit i never felt so good playing with a greatsword. Drukengard *** sword hits hard and takes long animation till the move fires. But, when it does, its an AoE centered in the player, and all hits that connect deals knockback on enemy. Its the sword and shield. I felt like Gatts from Berserk.

The Star Fox part gets better over time

The story was simple but captivating enough.

Collecting weapons and endings were the fun part.

Looking for playing Drakengard 2 now
By Draylo 2023-09-28 05:19:58
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2023-09-28 05:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Anytime I post links from my phone, they broken
First Page 2 3 ... 22473 22474 22475 ... 22706 22707 22708