Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22453 22454 22455 ... 22707 22708 22709
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-12 17:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Can't fool me you hoodlum
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-08-12 17:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

It's part of the lost continent of Mu on an updated map where you brought it back into reality, and decided to wedge it between Spain and France.

I guess because you and your sorcerer's ways don't like the Bay of Biscay.

What did the Bay of Biscay ever do to you, Magic Man?
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-12 22:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I'm so suprised we hit the next milestone!

They updated the "gear ticket" graphic to "gear exchange voucher", so I guess this confirms you choose the one you want, rather than it being random.
Curious what the 1.7m reward will be. I doubt they'd give a second costume, but anything else is gonna seem like a step back in comparison. :I
By publix 2023-08-12 22:18:56
Link | Citer | R

I always ask myself:

Why do players demand fully augmented nyame, god tier, mega fully automated scripted players (autoMB, packet reading lua's, self chaining sch scripts etc) for any pugged content? Seeing people demand Nyame R25 for SHEOL C!! is insane to me and shows how crazy the XI community has become.

Also, I'm someone with disabilities and always tell people to repeat things if possible so I don't hinder teamwork. It always turns into a roast in this game. I love this game, but I hate how toxic/self-centered people have become.

Lastly, why is it ALWAYS Mentors who are the worst offenders in all of the above? Seriously.

/RandomThoughtRantOver
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-08-13 02:49:49
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-08-13 03:36:47
Link | Citer | R

@proth
@vyre

You two have far better geograph skittles than I
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-08-13 09:41:56
Link | Citer | R

publix said: »
Seeing people demand Nyame R25 for SHEOL C!! is insane to me and shows how crazy the XI community has become.

I understand the frustration behind this, but the reason people do this is that the rest of the group is geared out this way and it's not fair to them to pull someone into a non-casual segfarm that most likely isn't going to keep up. It's not selfish either, but a lot of people seem to act like those types of groups should be willing to carry people who aren't able to keep up with the rest of the group.

There are plenty who are, I've been carried while I was figuring things out and most others have also, but it's also not unreasonable to expect your gear to be up to par with the rest of the group when joining a group with an aggressive goal. There are plenty of people and groups willing to carry you while you sort this out, but you can't expect those who are trying to optimize their runs to bring in a carry every time. It also shows some competency with segfarms and weeds out people who are going to show up with no DT gear and get destroyed repeatedly.

It's also no different than it's been for the last 20 years. Everyone has had strict requirements on gearing for harder content going back to release, so it hasn't become anything that it already hasn't been for two decades. Every MMO is like this, as well.
By publix 2023-08-13 10:00:05
Link | Citer | R

[u said:
"Asura.Iamaman" pid=3675075]
It also shows some competency with segfarms and weeds out people who are going to show up with no DT gear and get destroyed repeatedly.[/u]

This is the only part i respectfully disagree with. The only difference is that a lot of these folks did Nyame when Bumba first came out and with time achieved R25.

Also most ppl just pay one of the two 2500RP/RUN BST's that AFK Bumba for you to 89% every 10 minutes.

I think with all of the mercs fighting each other for the next IRL grain of rice (thanks to players constantly feeding them), it's safe to assume a super majority of these folks likely paid a merc their way to their current standing, thus it does not equal competency, just wealth and time.

But for the rest of it I totally understand the sentiment of wanting others on the same page. But how people got there, and whether that equates to proficiency, is what's really still undetermined.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-08-13 10:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Why do players demand fully augmented nyame, god tier, mega fully automated scripted players (autoMB, packet reading lua's, self chaining sch scripts etc) for any pugged content? Seeing people demand Nyame R25 for SHEOL C!! is insane to me and shows how crazy the XI community has become.

My favorite part of these requests is when you check the person yelling only to find their gear has no augments/max augments of only 15 or 20, or is only partially augmented at all. Just tell them you have whatever arbitrary thing they want, they are likely too dumb to even notice the difference.
[+]
By publix 2023-08-13 10:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Exactly!

Same goes for Cosair's (who for some reason tend to be exclusively mentors) who shout for Sortie runs 1/6, but demand the SCH, BLM, EPEO RUN, RDM etc have God Mode gear, and are scripted better than ChatGPT, while they themselves only want to Quick Draw, Bolters, & Wizards and lack half the gear they request.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-08-13 11:05:35
Link | Citer | R

But for the rest of it I totally understand the sentiment of wanting others on the same page. But how people got there, and whether that equates to proficiency, is what's really still undetermined.

Fair enough, I can't disagree with any of that.

I typically only PUG with the same group of 2 other people and we shout for this in the rest of the slots, but we all have been through the wringer of learning it and are geared the same or higher than what we ask for. We're typically trying to full clear, so we are looking for people that can keep up. Even if having r25 isn't an indication of that, it at least shows you've done a lot of segment farming and hopefully that equates to some understanding of how it works. TBH though, it's more about people knowing the basics and how to not die than it is anything else.

We've brought people in with good herc gear who knew how to target efficiently and they outdid a lot of people with r25 in DD slots, but when you are dealing with an unknown player, it's easier to filter people out using standards that have required a lot of time in the content. If it's someone we know, we'd take them in even if they didn't have it or were on "suboptimal" jobs, largely because we know they are going to at least meet the baseline for survival and not dying several times in a run.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-08-13 14:37:15
Link | Citer | R

*randomly thinks about the time I started calling Leon, "Mixed Berries" and it really weirded him out.

I think it was around the time he drew Ohji's Mithra with huge, gropeable bosoms.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-13 20:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
I think it was around the time he drew Ohji's Mithra with huge, gropeable bosoms.
Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-08-13 23:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
Well, it was sometime after this! By like at least idk, 5 or so years maybe more maybe less.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-14 12:08:19
Link | Citer | R

I wonder why game controllers stopped evolving. They're far from perfect, and yet both Sony and Microsoft haven't changed their button layout since they entered the scene. They've got 16 buttons, but if you're using both joysticks (which most games expect) you only have access to 6 of them. And using those 6 buttons aren't even all that comfortable. Two digits are stuck dealing with 82% of the work, four digits are assigned a single button each, and the last four digits are expected to bear the whole unit.

There's an entire market out there tapping people $200 to $400 USD for better pads. You'd think Sony or Microsoft would be focusing on evolving their controllers, because I'd be willing to bet people would flock over to one console over another just for the competitive edge at games like Call of Duty. It might even be enough to stop people abandoning consoles in favor of PC.

Just off the top of my head: They could design the controller to be supported by the part of your hand between your thumb and index finger, or add an extra shoulder button laterally for your index and middle fingers. I think it'd be fairly easy to design a pad with 18 reliably-accessible buttons without ever having to take your thumbs off of the joysticks, plus three face buttons for Start, Select, and Home.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-14 12:12:11
Link | Citer | R

They aren't going to sink money into R&D and molds until they have a reason.
By Draylo 2023-08-14 12:42:58
Link | Citer | R

This person keep making compilation videos for summons in FF, and he makes sure to include every FF game (including 14 and random crap like type 0) EXCEPT XI... Why does XI always get ***on and even by the company that runs it lol. Sad, its such a beautiful game. The videos of the attacks are all readily available on youtube.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-14 13:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They aren't going to sink money into R&D and molds until they have a reason.
I dunno. If I was on the fence about which next-gen console I was going to drop $1000 on, and one of them said that they had a controller that gave me an edge in competitive games, was more comfortable over longer play sessions, and laid the foundation for both genres previously only accessible to PC and more intricate games in general, I'd pick that one.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-14 20:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Todays futurama is great!

It's a nibblersode
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-14 21:20:14
Link | Citer | R

Well, it was sometime after this! By like at least idk, 5 or so years maybe more maybe less.
I don't even remember ever posting that pic here. o_o;
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-08-14 23:47:39
Link | Citer | R

I don't even remember ever posting that pic here. o_o;
It's from your Deviantart page that's sadly mostly empty :(
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-15 00:06:32
Link | Citer | R

It's from your Deviantart page that's sadly mostly empty :(
Oh god, you're stalking me!

Anything I wanted to post here, I just uploaded to photobucket or imgur; didn't see the point in putting them out for people to find.
If I were to actually start a proper gallery for my pics, I'd probably do it under a different name anyway. Don't need no weirdos showing up in-game looking for freebies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-15 08:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Anything I wanted to post here, I just uploaded to photobucket or imgur
I think Photobucket just deleted my old account. I used to use that to host images until they wanted me to start paying monthly to remove their watermark. And then they wanted me to sign in or else lose all of my stuff, but I haven't uploaded to there in like 15 years lol
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-08-15 11:47:48
Link | Citer | R

It's sad what photobucket did. I guess I understand why they did it, but when they changed their policies a long time ago, a bunch of old photos were lost on the internet. I always get a little sad when I browse old forums and see the photobucket invalid thumbnail. There's some legacy knowledge and history lost there.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-15 16:12:30
Link | Citer | R

bout to spec into sorc on my paladin and ***is gonna get REAL NASTY
By Pantafernando 2023-08-15 16:17:05
Link | Citer | R

I also regeared my PLD in an attempt to have PLD main healer on Odyssey.

I had just unlocked the mog wardrobe 5.

After I finished my first revamp on PLD, I was already 50/80 in the newer wardrobe
By Blazed1979 2023-08-15 16:22:24
Link | Citer | R

whatever happened to FFXI Players website?
By Jetackuu 2023-08-15 22:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah, since PB went down I wonder if I still have my + sign...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-16 19:48:07
Link | Citer | R

OOOOO The theater near by upgraded. They have LASERS now.

Gonna see Blue Beetle in Death Laser Vision!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-08-16 22:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
OOOOO The theater near by upgraded. They have LASERS now.

Gonna see Blue Beetle in Death Laser Vision!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22453 22454 22455 ... 22707 22708 22709