Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22452 22453 22454 ... 22708 22709 22710
By Jetackuu 2023-08-09 09:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Did Busch Gardens yesterday. On one hand it looked nice, on the other it was one of the worst parks hospitality-wise that I've ever been to.
Which? Williamsburg?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-09 13:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Yeah
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-09 14:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Did Busch Gardens yesterday. On one hand it looked nice, on the other it was one of the worst parks hospitality-wise that I've ever been to.
Which? Williamsburg?

That one always felt like it acted as the 2nd place visit in that town- like the parents all want to be at Colonial Williamsburg but families go to their Busch Gardens just to keep the kids at bay....meanwhile all the staff wishes they were dressed in period attire getting better pay and tips^^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-09 17:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much. Would've preferred doing almost anything else there but 5 y/o in tow.
By Draylo 2023-08-09 20:10:36
Link | Citer | R

The boys are gathered

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-09 23:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Finally!

Not quite as early as I'd have liked, but I guess it's not too far off. Just one more month...
Report on the closed beta is out too.
Giving out a free 5* weapon for Glenn on launch due to the positive reception to the First Soldier story so far. Just gotta hope we meet the preregistration milestones (lol) so we can get the free costume ticket now.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-10 14:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Son of a ***! The Strange New Worlds season finale was awesome, but
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-10 14:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Dale Gribble VA died today

New season of King of the Hill comes out in like 6 months
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-08-10 14:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
Finally!

Not quite as early as I'd have liked, but I guess it's not too far off. Just one more month...
Report on the closed beta is out too.
Giving out a free 5* weapon for Glenn on launch due to the positive reception to the First Soldier story so far. Just gotta hope we meet the preregistration milestones (lol) so we can get the free costume ticket now.
I was really excited for this game then I saw the deeper gacha mechanics with the all to familiar leveling equipment and rolling for 5stars.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-10 15:35:06
Link | Citer | R

It's basically FFRK/FFBE/FFOO: FF7 Only edition. Which I'm down for, but yeah, that's the expectation
By Pantafernando 2023-08-10 16:02:55
Link | Citer | R

My boss called me to review my yearly goals for work.

The thing is even hitting goals arent sufficient for a raise. You still need to compete the scarce resources for it.

Not to mention that 90% of my daily work arent in my goals. Most of them are our department projects that they really want to make it happen, not my daily stuff to sustain our infrastructure. Thats too boring for bosses to think it as a goal.

Even if i get a raise, its something very minor at best. Maybe less than 2% of my net salary.

Finally, all my goals are basically impossible to meet. Ive been this entire year in 2 projects at most, only one so so about to deliver, but the goal wants me to deliver more 3 projects by november end. All three with very low progress.

Yeah, i simply stopped caring at those goals. I will surely fluke in it unless i start overworking every day and weekend till november. For some uncertain minimal raise.

F this.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-10 16:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Regardless, by the end of next year im already dropping every single of this ***and trying to restart in europe.

So whatever anyway. At worst what i will do is giving up my work by next year to finish my uni and learn german.

I could careless about goals and raise at this point.

What i really want is people to stop bothering my work every 30 mins.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-08-10 16:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Try:

A 10% raise. Avoiding being swamped by extranious projects. Never having to have to drop everything to cover someone else's ***. A transfer to a european branch.

As long as stating goals is a trap there's LOTS of "work goals" you can make up.

P. S. /comfort
By Pantafernando 2023-08-10 16:14:19
Link | Citer | R

I wish i could hit harder in game.

It simply bothers me that i cant deal huge numbers even well buffed.

I always feels like missing something.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-10 16:30:08
Link | Citer | R

It's basically FFRK/FFBE/FFOO: FF7 Only edition. Which I'm down for, but yeah, that's the expectation
Eh, it's not really anything like BE. Definitely closer to RK with characters all obtained via the story and customizable skills obtained through gameplay.
But even then the materia in EC is actually useful and not just completely outclassed by character-specific limit breaks or whatever happened to RK.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-08-10 16:49:26
Link | Citer | R

I make no distinction between weapon and character gacha since weapons often completely change how a character plays in these games.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2023-08-10 17:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Weapons in EC have a single skill; they're not particularly game-changing. Cloud's big 5* gacha weapon on launch just gives him a lightning damage skill. Sure, it hits slightly harder because the weapon boosts lightning damage, but the same thing can be covered with craftable materia.
By Draylo 2023-08-10 21:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Disney going to raise their sub price yet again... can't make this up, after all the crap shows they have.
By Draylo 2023-08-10 23:47:37
Link | Citer | R

This is cool lol

[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
Serveur: Asura
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-08-11 05:45:42
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

i think this is also cool!
By Viciouss 2023-08-11 08:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Disney going to raise their sub price yet again... can't make this up, after all the crap shows they have.

It's just their ad-free tier. The streamers have caught on that people will pay less for the ad-tier, so they want you to switch over.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-08-11 09:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Long long ago, before cable, back in the broadcast age, when we were first told about pay TV, it was supposed to be free of advertising.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-08-11 16:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Long long ago, before cable, back in the broadcast age, when we were first told about pay TV, it was supposed to be free of advertising.

When you had coin tvs that you had to feed a quarter for 30 mins of airtime?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-08-11 16:57:36
Link | Citer | R

Hell, most don't even understand that the broadcast airwaves that were used to build the industry didn't even belong to those networks- they belonged to the US Government. They basically were gifted to the networks as long as they agreed to 30 minutes a day of news broadcasting.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-08-12 09:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
When you had coin tvs that you had to feed a quarter for 30 mins of airtime?
Don't laugh. Motels had those. Magic fingers for a quater in the bed too.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-08-12 12:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Eh, it's not really anything like BE. Definitely closer to RK with characters all obtained via the story and customizable skills obtained through gameplay.
But even then the materia in EC is actually useful and not just completely outclassed by character-specific limit breaks or whatever happened to RK.
RK got insane, and basically had to have constant Full-RR up to fight anything decent. Was stupid.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-08-12 14:26:04
Link | Citer | R

RK got insane, and basically had to have constant Full-RR up to fight anything decent. Was stupid.

I don't think any fight outside of Year 1 fights required RR, lol

You pretty much had to rely on super defensive buffs to like Wall + Protect + Shell to stay alive against most things and that became a main stay staple outside of select phases where they used a lot of defense piercing attacks, then you just built around that.

RK was very much a buff-centric game and getting killed wiped all your buffs, thus relying on RR strategies basically made it impossible to progress.
By Jetackuu 2023-08-12 14:59:30
Link | Citer | R

I just recall a lot of some of the later fights had 1 hit kills/1 hit kill AoEs. I'd give an example but they nuked the game, so...
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-08-12 15:19:05
Link | Citer | R

I just recall a lot of some of the later fights had 1 hit kills/1 hit kill AoEs. I'd give an example but they nuked the game, so...

Damage output from bosses definitely grew as the power creep also inclined upwards, but there was always a solution around it. Stoneskin bubbles, debuffing the boss to reduce the damage, increasing your own defensive buffs to reduce the damage to manageable levels, using Guts / Last stand to tank the attack, etc.. Heck, when the power creep got to the point where having 10K+ HP characters was normal, one of the strategies was literally "just have more than 9,999HP and the boss can't one shot you anymore".
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-08-12 16:58:56
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22452 22453 22454 ... 22708 22709 22710