Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22434 22435 22436 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-06-24 18:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I played Conan
Age of Conan was fun

..till they nerfed my Guardian and I never looked back
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-24 18:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I played Conan
Age of Conan was fun

..till they nerfed my Guardian and I never looked back
I was guardian too! (And naked tempest of set)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-24 18:57:09
Link | Citer | R

TSW was such a unique game, really sucks how they killed it with monetization
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2023-06-24 23:28:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Afania said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
....you really don't see it, do you?

See what lol. I see how it works perfectly clear. But you insist things has to work the way you want when it doesn't.

The bottom line is FF without numbers is never considered as mainline within FF community and the sales were terrible in the past. FF Crystal Chronicles, Dissidia FF, FF mystic Quest, FF Origin, FF legend..... they've done it many many times. To the point that I can predict the sales result of "Final Fantasy: Prince's Journey": It's gonna be worse than "FF16" with the same content.

If buyers act this way then why force a change for "FF feels"?

See how i can read you or a press release from SE, and its the exact same thing. Amazing how people are so mistrusting of governments these days yet will completely believe a corporation.

This is purchase behaviour, not SE press release lol. I don't know if SE purposely established this kind of behaviour with their branding strategy but this kind of behaviour isn't just corporate talk nor assumption, it's real. SE just go with the flow and make money off this particular behaviour.

If you ever visit FF sub every once a while there will be a "I just beat all of the mainline FF story" kind of bragging post, and of course it'll never include FF crystal chronicles.

Or if you visit ff11 reddit every once a while somebody will post "I am new, not into MMO, only playing FF11 for a month so I can finish all the mainline story" kind of post.

Are they ALL SE's press release? I think not. This is how some people within FF community behave. They view numeral FF differently from non-numeral FF.

I don't know if SE purposely established this kind of purchase behaviour by branding numeral FF as "the better FF" with bigger budget if that is what you meant by "corporation talk". I can only tell you buying mainline FF and ignoring number-less spin-off kind of purchase behaviour do exist within FF community, and I am one of these people. This behaviour isn't driven by a press release, but brand recognition as a whole.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-25 06:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
Viciouss said: »
I'm going to start 16 on Monday, it should take me a while to get through it. The demo was nothing like DMC, but it also wasn't traditional FF. It's being marketed for the West, more mature, older main character. I remain a little concerned about the story holding up for the length of the game, but we will see.
Story's been solid. A little dark, but very good so far.

Leon Kasai said: »
Nah, TSW would be fine as 17
I read this as The Secret World and then got mad at FunCom again for *** that up

Anyway, overall 16 impressions are very good. My main nitpicks are that the camera could stand to be about two feet farther back, there's a real dearth of meaningful equipment upgrades, and it's overall a little on the easy side.

Like, my old man reflexes with no rings and action-focused mode and I'm still steamrolling things. You whippersnappers better be marching right through it

I almost lost to

And I also found that a bit rough.

But I haven't lost to anything yet.

Dark Souls reflex to press O to dodge is not helping me out, but I refuse to change the default button layout, because I like becoming acquainted with default button layouts (with the exception of Elden Ring trying to make triangle the accept button instead of X or whatever, and X the jump button. I switched that ***immediately).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-25 07:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh, cracked split roger's honest skits into it's own channel. That's convenient.

https://www.youtube.com/@Honest_Ads/videos
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-25 12:49:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh, cracked split roger's honest skits into it's own channel. That's convenient.

https://www.youtube.com/@Honest_Ads/videos
I almost wonder if the team behind those videos split up and just went their own way. There's a noticeably lower budget to all of the ones they've been making since the split.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-25 13:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Without 1500 "why I left cracked" videos though?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-25 14:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Without 1500 "why I left cracked" videos though?
lol you're right about that
[+]
By Draylo 2023-06-25 18:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Jeeze, uber eats in europe, the fee is like 3 dollars. In NY, I place an order that's like 50 dollars then the next screen the fees are add up to 75..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-25 18:14:40
Link | Citer | R

chant usa usa usa were number 1

the mostest bestest

Seriously though, yeah, gubhub, ubereats, all that ***, massive scam. $20 to drive a $5 burger 1 mile. And the driver gets 55 cents.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-25 18:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Indeed. $7.99 carryout

Same exact pizza delivered, $23

Absolute horseshit lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-25 18:50:04
Link | Citer | R

i still say that for the small percentage of people like me, the COVID quarantines and increase in delivery options was a godsend. Yeah, the fees have skyrocketed all over, but as someone who lives alone with no family within 1,000 miles and epilepsy, the fact that I can get a full grocery order sent to my door vs 3 days worth on a bus ride is a huge benefit.

But man, if I could still drive...I'd leave those fees at the gas pump instead ;)
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-06-26 03:54:18
Link | Citer | R

*buys proper certified Italian San whatever tomatoes for badass homemade pizza and authentic sauce*
*gets lazy and buys frozen dough balls*

It was a pizza of contrasts.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-26 09:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
*buys proper certified Italian San whatever tomatoes for badass homemade pizza and authentic sauce*
*gets lazy and buys frozen dough balls*

It was a pizza of contrasts.
Meh. There's really no such thing as "from scratch" anyway. You're always going to have to buy something from a store. Somewhere down the line you'd have to get something that you didn't produce yourself.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
-Carl Sagan
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-26 09:15:10
Link | Citer | R

Random thought: I wonder if there's some sort of psychological thing about Discord servers that preemptively have enough channels to support hundreds or even thousands of members. When you've got more channels than you have members, strongly dictating people post only in the appropriate channel, what does that say about the moderator?

(This didn't happen to me, but I witnessed it) Mod cracking down on people talking about a screenshot posted under the "Tears of the Kingdom screenshots" channel because discussion should be made in the "Tears of the Kingdom discussion" channel. And then chop up and move some of that discussion to the "Breath of the Wild discussion" channel because people are alluding to that game in the middle of it all lol

There's 14 people in the entire server, and only about 4 people ever post anything. But there's 25 channels, each devoted to an expressly defined topic.
By Dodik 2023-06-26 10:03:06
Link | Citer | R

It probably means autism and infinite channel creation don't mix.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-06-26 11:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Seems that if someone cheats in a boss unit, you actually get a big chunk of points for taking it out. Actually looks like it'd make for a fun assymetrical game mode. Bamco should replace ace matches with it.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Also now people are calling in space support fire on ground maps as a normal weapon, and with no cooldown.
https://old.reddit.com/r/GBO2/comments/14ikx4r/honestly_gundam_diff_i_see/

Wonder how long until we hit the next level of shitshow. :I
By Draylo 2023-06-26 13:39:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm still trying to wrap my head around an implosion and what that is underwater. Is it weird morbid curiosity in understanding how something like that even happens. It seems a lot of ppl are curious because all titanic videos jumped in views (and flooding my recommendations) life is so fragile and incredible. The fact some creatures can even survive in that pressure is insane.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-26 13:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around an implosion and what that is underwater. Is it weird morbid curiosity in understanding how something like that even happens. It seems a lot of ppl are curious because all titanic videos jumped in views (and flooding my recommendations) life is so fragile and incredible. The fact some creatures can even survive in that pressure is insane.

Even more mind-blowing when you consider if you bring one of those creatures to sea level, they die. We're all built for different things, and while there is some ability to adapt, limits exist^^

And two options exist for catastrophe at that depth- a hull breach that results in almost instantaneous flooding to equalize the pressure, and the vessel "looks" from the outside as normal, or material failure across the whole platform and equally instantaneous crushing. At least the actual moment in both cases happens so fast there is no middle ground between "normal" and "over".

It's the slow suffocation that's the real terror.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-06-26 14:07:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm still trying to wrap my head around an implosion and what that is underwater. Is it weird morbid curiosity in understanding how something like that even happens.
YouTube Video Placeholder

It'd just be like this. Structural integrity requires all forces to be static (F=F). When those forces aren't equal, you need an engineer to figure out the materials and analog to make it equal. And in the same way that a bridge can collapse because the gravitational forces of self-weight and traffic on top exceed the capacity of the materials, the massive pressure of the weight of the water can collapse the materials inward to equalize that pressure.

A lot of the engineering in a submersible relies on the round shapes. As the shape is strained, it is automatically made weaker. So upon catastrophic failure, it just accelerates.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-26 14:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Think about it like an egg in your hand.

If you squeeze the egg too tightly, what happens?

Squeeze too tightly from every side and every angle?

An implosion is basically all of the empty space in the sub having surface pressure/basically no pressure compared to the outside of the sub.

The bulkheads (walls) of the sub fail, allowing all of that outside pressure to suddenly fill up that pressure difference.

Everything crushes in, in an instant, because there's no resistance anymore. Everything inside only offers as much resistance to that happening as they do to a steamroller stamping them flat. So humans go squishy squishy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-26 14:30:20
Link | Citer | R

I strangely am reminded of the 7th grade "Egg Drop" project in Science Class.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-06-26 15:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Delta P is another crazy underwater thing.
Though I'm assuming everyone has seen the crab video about it from forever ago
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-06-26 15:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Delta P is another crazy underwater thing.
Though I'm assuming everyone has seen the crab video about it from forever ago
TIME FOR CRAB!

POST IT!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22434 22435 22436 ... 22710 22711 22712