Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21764 21765 21766 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-01-10 17:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Draylo said: »
They could have reworked the abilities to be actual summons that appear and disappear or anything that even looked like a Summoner lol. The whole job just looks underwhelming, even the Limit Break is really lame.

The current burst damage phases of Summoner have them summoning Bahamut and Phoenix for a brief window of time to provide their firepower to the player before disappearing. Thematically, they are getting better at making a Summoner feel Summoner-ish - we just can't have big obnoxious summons that take up half the arena in a game where being able to see what is happening next is critical to surviving the fight.

Given the hate that red mages get when they temporarily blind everyone with LB3s, I imagine that large summons would not be too popular.

[+]
By Viciouss 2021-01-10 17:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Its full on snowing here in Austin Texas. About 2 inches so far. I helped some neighbors with their windshields. None of these Texans have an ice scraper. I've done my good deeds for the year. See you next year.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-01-10 18:32:48
Link | Citer | R

When we get 2 inches of snow here in the Phoenix area I'll start prepping for Armageddon. I was enjoying a warm January afternoon outside today.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-01-10 18:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
They could have reworked the abilities to be actual summons that appear and disappear or anything that even looked like a Summoner lol. The whole job just looks underwhelming, even the Limit Break is really lame.
The current burst damage phases of Summoner have them summoning Bahamut and Phoenix for a brief window of time to provide their firepower to the player before disappearing. Thematically, they are getting better at making a Summoner feel Summoner-ish - we just can't have big obnoxious summons that take up half the arena in a game where being able to see what is happening next is critical to surviving the fight.
For me, what they did with SMN made it unplayable. Then again I was a sicifrit SMN except when I HAD to use Garuda.

In general SMN does too many disparate things. There is no cohesion. They DoT, they burst, they drain, they tell little flying things what to do, they even summon! And somehow do really good damage so people won't notice what a hot stinking mess the job has become.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-01-10 18:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Its full on snowing here in Austin Texas. About 2 inches so far. I helped some neighbors with their windshields. None of these Texans have an ice scraper. I've done my good deeds for the year. See you next year.

ice scraper? you mean... one of these?

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-01-10 18:56:26
Link | Citer | R

OMG! I UNDERSTAND...

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-10 19:19:50
Link | Citer | R

I got a little snow too.

All I do is turn on the car and wait 15-20 minutes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-01-10 19:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Viciouss said: »

ice scraper? you mean... one of these?

I STILL have those
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-10 20:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
We got snow Friday. The lemon flavored snow was my favorite
I hate to tell you, but.....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-01-10 22:33:06
Link | Citer | R

3D printed Shadow Lord. Took 2hrs and this is how it came off the plate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2021-01-10 23:19:21
Link | Citer | R

I'd love to get into 3d printing to make cool minis of stuff like that, or custom/replacement parts for model kits. But I'm such a brainlet that I still mess up printing stuff out on paper, so it's probably best I stay away from it. :I
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-01-10 23:54:11
Link | Citer | R

KN earlier today

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-01-11 00:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
I'd love to get into 3d printing to make cool minis of stuff like that, or custom/replacement parts for model kits. But I'm such a brainlet that I still mess up printing stuff out on paper, so it's probably best I stay away from it. :I

I thought it'd be a pain in the *** but honestly it has been foolproof

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-01-11 06:05:15
Link | Citer | R

The egis and those demi-primals are just really ugly imo. SMN in almost every FF game they were in was flashy and something seen as very powerful. They could have easily worked it into lore to have different versions of the primals, not the primals themselves. For a game that had so much graphical potential, they really dropped it on an important job or magic in a Final Fantasy game. You just seem like a big fan of the game but no matter how you spin it, almost 90%+ of fans of FF were disappointed in XIV's version of Summoner, its really lame.

I'm not sure why you decided to bring up the history in FF games, especially suggesting that summons were inferior to other magic or abilities. I was talking specifically from a design standpoint and visually. They could have reworked the abilities to be actual summons that appear and disappear or anything that even looked like a Summoner lol. The whole job just looks underwhelming, even the Limit Break is really lame.

I don't get why you think the demi-primals are ugly. They're blow for blow the full version of the primals as designed within the game engine, just scaled down in size.

I brought up the SMN history in FF to try and describe why SMN in XIV is the way it is, with the focus on Bio and other deterioration style spells. FF4 reference.

Also I wasn't suggesting. Other than looking really cool, there were almost always other, better ways to damage the enemy more quickly in older FFs. I say this as someone who leveled my GFs in FF8 up into the 50s towards the start of the game and wouldn't stop using Shiva pretty much every turn lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-01-11 08:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Freehugs said: »
Anyone know why Rust is becoming popular again? Its all I see on Twitch lately.

One of the stream houses with tons of zoomer followers made a server and all of the big streamers/you tubers played on it.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-11 08:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
The egis and those demi-primals are just really ugly imo. SMN in almost every FF game they were in was flashy and something seen as very powerful. They could have easily worked it into lore to have different versions of the primals, not the primals themselves. For a game that had so much graphical potential, they really dropped it on an important job or magic in a Final Fantasy game. You just seem like a big fan of the game but no matter how you spin it, almost 90%+ of fans of FF were disappointed in XIV's version of Summoner, its really lame.

I'm not sure why you decided to bring up the history in FF games, especially suggesting that summons were inferior to other magic or abilities. I was talking specifically from a design standpoint and visually. They could have reworked the abilities to be actual summons that appear and disappear or anything that even looked like a Summoner lol. The whole job just looks underwhelming, even the Limit Break is really lame.

I don't get why you think the demi-primals are ugly. They're blow for blow the full version of the primals as designed within the game engine, just scaled down in size.

I brought up the SMN history in FF to try and describe why SMN in XIV is the way it is, with the focus on Bio and other deterioration style spells. FF4 reference.

Also I wasn't suggesting. Other than looking really cool, there were almost always other, better ways to damage the enemy more quickly in older FFs. I say this as someone who leveled my GFs in FF8 up into the 50s towards the start of the game and wouldn't stop using Shiva pretty much every turn lol.

You should know by now that most people on here are extremely anti XIV and pull percentages out of their arse to suit their needs. Yes 2.0 SMN was hardly a SMN but then we got dreadwyrm trance, bahamut and Phoenix and SMN actually feels like a SMN. The problems people had with SMN in 5.0 were purely a rotational issue which has for the most part been fixed.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-11 09:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
KN earlier today

That requires me to go outside in the cold. Ain't nobody got time for that ***.meme
[+]
By Draylo 2021-01-11 15:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »

Because they are ugly? It is a question of opinion and they don't look cool at all to me for a job like Summoner. I'm honestly puzzled you have people that are actually defending SMN in that game.

You can't explain the way it is, it was a failed idea they just had to run with like most of the game and the original ideas. They wanted to have primals summoned via FC's and it never worked out because they didn't follow through. Nobody wanted to summon those terrible Egi things or weird low res summons. Just because they added two of them doesn't all of a sudden make the job not a failure. It may work within their rigid job format but its nothing like any FF Summoner if they were trying to go with some kind of recognition for the job.

I'm aware, youre probably talking to one of the biggest FF fans. I wasn't talking about its actual use within the game, they could have forced it to fit within their combat system but it doesn't retain a lot of job identity from the series. Bio was one spell in FF4 and maybe Poison etc, but it did not have a focus on deterioration spells lol, that is something they shoe-horned in because they had to make it fit.

Quote:
You should know by now that most people on here are extremely anti XIV and pull percentages out of their arse to suit their needs. Yes 2.0 SMN was hardly a SMN but then we got dreadwyrm trance, bahamut and Phoenix and SMN actually feels like a SMN. The problems people had with SMN in 5.0 were purely a rotational issue which has for the most part been fixed.

Just have to laugh, because they added two watered down versions of Bahamut and Phoenix in a rotation it makes it a great Summoner. I don't think you will find any non XIV devotees that will agree with you. I suppose after you forced yourself to like such a lame version of SMN, you probably want to defend it though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-01-11 16:05:37
Link | Citer | R

aside from x and xi smn has always been "summon a strong avatar for a big attack before it vanishes". that's pretty in line with xiv's smn. comes out, does a boom, and leaves.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-11 16:51:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm honestly puzzled you have people that are actually defending SMN in that game.
Cause FFXIV SMN isn't the same as other games.

Don't compare FFXIV SMN with any other games, especially FFXI, it's really a different job style.

Other games, even FFXI, SMN is a big beatstick for high cost. FFXIV SMN is a moderate beatstick that is like pretty much every other DPS, except it can range better than most, and has the possibility to deal potent DoTs than most. It's not the same as any other SMNs in any other games.
By Draylo 2021-01-11 17:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
It's not the same as any other SMNs in any other games.

Yeah and that was my whole point, in addition to the fact it looks super lame even the limit break is lame. XI really did summoner the justice it required.
By Draylo 2021-01-11 17:01:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
aside from x and xi smn has always been "summon a strong avatar for a big attack before it vanishes". that's pretty in line with xiv's smn. comes out, does a boom, and leaves.

Ya but only two and they are watered down. If they had all the primals in a similar fashion i would say it isn't bad.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-11 17:02:56
Link | Citer | R

XI really did summoner the justice it required.
I don't know.

No Bahamut? No Justice!
[+]
By Draylo 2021-01-11 17:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Lol maybe true, He is needed but I think they plan to add another avatar but probably Phoenix. If they add Bahamut I would say XI is the best version of SMN in any game ?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-01-11 17:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Lol maybe true, He is needed but I think they plan to add another avatar but probably Phoenix. If they add Bahamut I would say XI is the best version of SMN in any game ?
The only XIV job that is REMOTELY comparable to its XI version is BLU.

This is not to say XIV is lame. This is saying that they are different games.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21764 21765 21766 ... 22574 22575 22576