Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21730 21731 21732 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Jetackuu 2020-10-26 17:27:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting the itch to build a new PC, damn you Proth.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-10-26 21:22:00
Link | Citer | R

gl sourcing parts, everything is ***rn
By Jetackuu 2020-10-26 21:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
gl sourcing parts, everything is ***rn
Honestly I can probably scratch the itch by actually making room for my rack and getting it going. Going to just order me another shed and run power to it, *** this ***.
By Josiahafk 2020-10-27 01:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Shoes shined, shirt ironed, working at 5am tomorrow again at the super strict place
Never felt more like a lame adult lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 11:59:03
Link | Citer | R

The game industry is trash, it's not even about making lots of money anymore. Just pushing the stock prices up as high as possible.

If they make a billion dollars, they have to make a billion and one next year or the stock prices fall and people get fired.

They had the nerve to say micro-transactions were needed because game prices haven't risen in so long, then when people accepted it and they made insane profits and they put the prices up anyway.

It's sad to go on game forums and people say they are supporting the developers, the developers were already paid long ago by the publisher. All you're doing is supporting the publisher. Developers are just contractors, they are paid to make the game. Make money or lose money they already got paid, all the profits goto the publisher.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 12:13:17
Link | Citer | R

considering the inflation of everything else over the past 15 years, I wouldn't consider an 8.5% increase over that time honestly that bad. Yeah, it happened all at once, not a slow increase- but still man. Even a damn Big Mac has seen more inflation in that time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-27 12:23:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Everything goes up except wages
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-10-27 12:35:08
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
It's sad to go on game forums and people say they are supporting the developers, the developers were already paid long ago by the publisher. All you're doing is supporting the publisher. Developers are just contractors, they are paid to make the game. Make money or lose money they already got paid, all the profits goto the publisher.

There's so much to unpack here.

If a game doesn't sell well for a publisher, do you think they're going to spend the money to make another? Sales data affects future development prospects in more ways than just the raw dollars spent.

Also, while $70 isn't nothing, if you play a game for 40-50 hours (baseline expectation for a decent RPG) that's less than $2 an hour to be entertained.

Additionally, if you wait even a month on a game's release, that price gets slashed left and right. If it's good, there's even a chance it'll show up in the list of free ones via PS Plus or Game Pass (those also cost money, but most people seem to have them, so it's often a sunk cost for the purposes of this discussion).

The gaming industry has many, many problems. Developer working conditions and job security, predatory microtransaction/gacha mechanics, and a whole host of others. AAA game pricing doesn't even make the top ten.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-27 13:03:29
Link | Citer | R

Marketing is the part thats mind boggling.

Like look, loyal fans are already going to buy it. People that don't like it aren't going to be swayed by it. It's literally wasted money.

Just give the beta to streamers, and tweet it out. Free publicity. No one watches tv, everyone blocks ads, and the more you annoy me with the same. ***. ad. over and over the less likely I am to ever buy your product. I know I can't be the only one.

The more ford ads I get the more likely I am to buy honda etc. The new meta is going to be companies doing that. I want to pay the people who piss me off the least.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 13:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If a game doesn't sell well for a publisher, do you think they're going to spend the money to make another? Sales data affects future development prospects in more ways than just the raw dollars spent.

Also, while $70 isn't nothing, if you play a game for 40-50 hours (baseline expectation for a decent RPG) that's less than $2 an hour to be entertained.

Additionally, if you wait even a month on a game's release, that price gets slashed left and right. If it's good, there's even a chance it'll show up in the list of free ones via PS Plus or Game Pass (those also cost money, but most people seem to have them, so it's often a sunk cost for the purposes of this discussion).

The gaming industry has many, many problems. Developer working conditions and job security, predatory microtransaction/gacha mechanics, and a whole host of others. AAA game pricing doesn't even make the top ten.

Yeah I know how it works but you aren't directly giving money to the developer as most people think, they might get future work if it sells well or even a bonus but most people still think all the money goes to the developers and it doesn't. It goes directly to the publisher, they are the ones that make the big money from games and not the people who make them. Games industry is a terrible business, it mistreats everyone.

Also the vast majority of people buy a game and don't even get 1/4 of the way through it anyway, they get bored and buy another one. Can see this on steam achievements. They will pay $70 for it and get 4-5 hours out of it, most modern games are around ..what 15-20 hours playtime to finish and not 50 anyway.

Games are getting worse, getting shorter, adding more micro-transactions and costing more. If not for steam sales I personally wouldn't buy any lately. Last good game I bought was doom (2016), before that alien isolation, witcher 3 etc.

Endless trash lately.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 13:31:44
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »

The game industry is trash, it's not even about making lots of money anymore. Just pushing the stock prices up as high as possible.

If they make a billion dollars, they have to make a billion and one next year or the stock prices fall and people get fired.

They had the nerve to say micro-transactions were needed because game prices haven't risen in so long, then when people accepted it and they made insane profits and they put the prices up anyway.

You need to keep in mind that development costs have gone way up since 15 years ago. A billion dollars isn't a lot of money for a big name developer anymore. A billion dollars may cover the cost to develop/market a couple games at today's costs. Below is info online about CoD and the date in bold is costs from 11 years ago.

*CoD: MW2 may have made staggering sums of money, but it wasn't cheap to make, either - not only did its development cost $40-50 million, but its marketing and launch budget was a whopping $200 million smackers.Nov 19, 2009

Most of these games with massive budgets are due to terrible management.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-27 13:34:10
Link | Citer | R

*Embezzlement
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-10-27 14:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
*Embezzlement
It isn't embezzlement if you own the company.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 14:18:18
Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-27 14:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Since I gotta die, I'm cool with the cause being that plate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-10-27 16:17:13
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Thank you youtube
By Jetackuu 2020-10-27 16:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Almost reminds me of Toad sings

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-27 17:17:00
Link | Citer | R

God is chaos, and chaos is god, prove me wrong....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-27 18:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Borat's AMA is up

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/jjadf6/jagshemash_my_name_borat_my_new_moviefilm_is/

This guy... his responses. Legendary. I would quote, but politics.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-10-27 19:45:19
Link | Citer | R

it hurts
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21730 21731 21732 ... 22553 22554 22555