Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21080 21081 21082 ... 22712 22713 22714
By fonewear 2017-12-22 12:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Candlejack said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I work at the salad bar in a steakhouse.

Everything on that salad bar has tongs to keep the masses from infecting the food with their hands and any germs/bacteria they may be carrying. Plenty of people like to touch the buns with their hands after coughing, sneezing, etc. into their hands.

It's my job to keep things stocked, sanitized, and to serve the guests who come through, and make sure the guests aren't getting sick from cross contamination. So naturally, I have to ask the guests that are touching the buns with their hands, as some like to touch every bun in the little bin "looking for the best bun".

My boss overheard me asking the customers to use the tongs provided for the buns, and asked to speak with me in the kitchen. He waves me over to the server area on the line, and in front of everyone, humiliates me. Talking down to me, saying that asking customers not to contaminate the food by asking them to use the tongs, is talking down to them, and that he has to then deal with it online. His suggestion was not to say anything about it anymore to the customers. And to let them touch and grab for the buns with their hands, and to throw away the surrounding buns if need be. (which you can't always do, because of how busy it is, and it's not cost effective, waste of product and labor, etc.) I want to call him out on this, but I think better of it, nod my head, and go back to salad bar.

A bit later on he comes to shake my hand, say Merry Christmas, and when he does, I pull in close and politely, and privately, ask him that the next time he has an issue with something, to talk to me privately, instead of humiliating me in front of the rest of the kitchen staff and other managers. You know, dealing with the issue professionally, in a respectful and dignified manner. This is what pisses him off, where he said "Don't tell the boss what to do", and I *HAD* to say it: "On this issue I will."

Oh ***, he really didn't like that. He doubles around, tells me to get off the salad line, and to get the *** out of his restaurant. One of the last things I hear that night before I leave is that he'll cover all of my shifts if he has to.
Put in a complaint with whatever agency does your inspections. Tell him the manager allows guests to grab food with their hands rather than the tongs provided.

Also, what kinda of *** has to use their hands for the best but? It's a *** bun, if it has give and the outer crust doesn't crunch when you grab it, you're all good.
This, so much this. I'd imagine there's a health department up there in Canada, right? His turning a blind eye when customers aren't using the tongs can be considered as a health code violation. I'd also suggest you get in touch with the labor department and lodge a wrongful termination complaint.

I would go into the Government of Ontario/Canada building if they weren't closed until after New Year's. And I'll be letting my Employment Agent know what happened.

Of course these dingbats at the steakhouse also tried teaching their dishwashers that scrubbing their pans, using surface sanitizer, and then rinsing off quickly in hot water was an OK method for cleaning them, instead of scrubbing and putting them through the dishwasher like you're supposed to.

I found your problem.
By Bloodrose 2017-12-22 12:58:04
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Candlejack said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

Everything on that salad bar has tongs to keep the masses from infecting the food with their hands and any germs/bacteria they may be carrying. Plenty of people like to touch the buns with their hands after coughing, sneezing, etc. into their hands.

It's my job to keep things stocked, sanitized, and to serve the guests who come through, and make sure the guests aren't getting sick from cross contamination. So naturally, I have to ask the guests that are touching the buns with their hands, as some like to touch every bun in the little bin "looking for the best bun".

My boss overheard me asking the customers to use the tongs provided for the buns, and asked to speak with me in the kitchen. He waves me over to the server area on the line, and in front of everyone, humiliates me. Talking down to me, saying that asking customers not to contaminate the food by asking them to use the tongs, is talking down to them, and that he has to then deal with it online. His suggestion was not to say anything about it anymore to the customers. And to let them touch and grab for the buns with their hands, and to throw away the surrounding buns if need be. (which you can't always do, because of how busy it is, and it's not cost effective, waste of product and labor, etc.) I want to call him out on this, but I think better of it, nod my head, and go back to salad bar.

A bit later on he comes to shake my hand, say Merry Christmas, and when he does, I pull in close and politely, and privately, ask him that the next time he has an issue with something, to talk to me privately, instead of humiliating me in front of the rest of the kitchen staff and other managers. You know, dealing with the issue professionally, in a respectful and dignified manner. This is what pisses him off, where he said "Don't tell the boss what to do", and I *HAD* to say it: "On this issue I will."

Oh ***, he really didn't like that. He doubles around, tells me to get off the salad line, and to get the *** out of his restaurant. One of the last things I hear that night before I leave is that he'll cover all of my shifts if he has to.
Put in a complaint with whatever agency does your inspections. Tell him the manager allows guests to grab food with their hands rather than the tongs provided.

Also, what kinda of *** has to use their hands for the best but? It's a *** bun, if it has give and the outer crust doesn't crunch when you grab it, you're all good.
This, so much this. I'd imagine there's a health department up there in Canada, right? His turning a blind eye when customers aren't using the tongs can be considered as a health code violation. I'd also suggest you get in touch with the labor department and lodge a wrongful termination complaint.

I would go into the Government of Ontario/Canada building if they weren't closed until after New Year's. And I'll be letting my Employment Agent know what happened.

Of course these dingbats at the steakhouse also tried teaching their dishwashers that scrubbing their pans, using surface sanitizer, and then rinsing off quickly in hot water was an OK method for cleaning them, instead of scrubbing and putting them through the dishwasher like you're supposed to.

I found your problem.
That's not my problem, but that is *a* problem.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-22 12:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Take being fired as a vacation...just an unpaid vacation !
By Bloodrose 2017-12-22 13:30:31
Link | Citer | R

I refer to it as an "unscheduled permanent day off"
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-12-22 13:36:01
Link | Citer | R

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-12-22 13:53:53
Link | Citer | R

I never thought I'd see the day when Nik tried to cheer me up or not mercilessly mock me for what happened.

Maybe he was visited by the Ghosts of Christmas before it was too late.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-22 13:58:41
Link | Citer | R

I never thought I'd see the day when Nik tried to cheer me up or not mercilessly mock me for what happened.

Maybe he was visited by the Ghosts of Christmas before it was too late.

My guess he is drunk like I should be right about now !
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-12-22 14:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Damn man, that sucks. Hope you do something about it.

I had a similar experience when I was an intern (physician), and my professor humiliated me in front of everyone (patient, relatives, nurses, team) for something I didn't do just to save face in front of his patient. Everybody in the team knew it wasn't my fault and that he was just being the shitty person he was, but nobody dared stand up for me. Fast-forward to a few months ahead when I no longer was in his team, and he'd tell me that he did it "for my sake", you know, to teach me a life lesson, blah blah. I didn't let him preach, I gave him a cold stare and walked off with that stare watching him getting embarrassed at himself.

I didn't even know whether he was trying to apologize for how he dealt with the situation, but I have a principle: if you did something wrong and wanna apologize, do it like a man and admit to it clearly and show remorse, instead of the half-assed "hey I don't know if I did anything wrong, but if I did, I'm sorry to have hurt you" way (that's ofc given we both know what went down).
By Bloodrose 2017-12-22 14:47:58
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-12-22 14:48:28
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.