Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20909 20910 20911 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-01 08:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Susano ex where Kali tries to mpk us at the start
YouTube Video Placeholder
Just as a PSA about what Kali did. if someoen does thatm go out. at least you arent paralyzed.
better that damage than paralyzed.
Risks are about equal if you don't see it coming actually, trying to get out can get you hit by both which will just kill you. Additionally the lightning vul up from the wave can just screw you more in the long term, particularly if you haven't filled out on 300/310 gear.
i dont think so. Arguably you could of all died for taking that lightning because of paralyzed healers.
Nope, the only risk right there was taking both hits, I've seen paralyzed healers heal through his triple raid wide AoEs later on many times. Susanos raid damage only becomes all that dangerous with the thunder vul.

the tru man mode test comes from not popping Vril on the pull AoE or stack AoE in Lakshimi EX :^]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-07-01 08:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Susano ex where Kali tries to mpk us at the start
Just as a PSA about what Kali did. if someoen does thatm go out. at least you arent paralyzed.
better that damage than paralyzed.
Risks are about equal if you don't see it coming actually, trying to get out can get you hit by both which will just kill you. Additionally the lightning vul up from the wave can just screw you more in the long term, particularly if you haven't filled out on 300/310 gear.
i dont think so. Arguably you could of all died for taking that lightning because of paralyzed healers.
Nope, the only risk right there was taking both hits, I've seen paralyzed healers heal through his triple raid wide AoEs later on many times. Susanos raid damage only becomes all that dangerous with the thunder vul.

the tru man mode test comes from not popping Vril on the pull AoE or stack AoE in Lakshimi EX :^]
Can just eat the stack buster solo with an immunity to save a vril to make a non buffed buster heal you instead \o\

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-07-01 10:54:26
Link | Citer | R

*Stands on soapbox*

"The only reason why AST/WHM may become meta is because SCH is too weak or AST is too strong, not that WHM is actually good at giving something to the raid"

God, does the WHM salt like... ever stop? >>; We have the best MP management in the game and have the best outright healing throughput in the game (but not necessarily raw numbers output).

*Shakes head and gets off soapbox and resumes spreading salt*
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-07-01 10:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
God, does the WHM salt like... ever stop?
No, it's nothing new... if it's not what other jobs have that they don't have it's that the dps stood in the 50 damage irrelevant AoE to keep 3 GCDs worth of up time, or the tank pulled more than 2 mobs without asking permission, or that the other healer is letting regens do their thing rather than spam healing and so on and so forth.
By Bloodrose 2017-07-01 11:10:18
Link | Citer | R

There should be less salt, and more gitting gud.
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-07-01 11:40:56
Link | Citer | R

I have finally reached the pinnacle of Saiyan power! Super Saiyan 4!

And finished the DLC story. Now to not play again until the next update or whatever. :I
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-07-01 12:56:45
Link | Citer | R

I just started Stormblood last night, so far so good
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-07-01 13:31:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-01 15:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
God, does the WHM salt like... ever stop?
No, it's nothing new... if it's not what other jobs have that they don't have it's that the dps stood in the 50 damage irrelevant AoE to keep 3 GCDs worth of up time, or the tank pulled more than 2 mobs without asking permission, or that the other healer is letting regens do their thing rather than spam healing and so on and so forth.

I have legitimately seen WHMs complaining that SCH has taken their limelight as "the worst healer"
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By whitemage 2017-07-01 21:19:42
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51027/first-fantasy-adventures-of-the-white-magickian

I re-doodled chocoboman's hammer.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-01 22:33:52
Link | Citer | R

I wanna see a STR accessory tank, tank Susano's first phase without tank stance. The amount of clench should be pretty juicy every time Assail happens.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-01 22:36:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-01 22:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
I wanna see a STR accessory tank, tank Susano's first phase without tank stance. The amount of clench should be pretty juicy every time Assail happens.

Have been doing it in my farm parties, just need a shield before the cleave
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-01 23:17:25
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't wanna be those healers phew.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-07-02 00:22:36
Link | Citer | R

I would =D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-02 00:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Really not too bad. They come at scripted times so just need to remember which attacks they come after. My GF is my pocket healer so we've got a lot of synergy. She's used to my aggressive tanking style.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-02 01:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Really not too bad. They come at scripted times so just need to remember which attacks they come after. My GF is my pocket healer so we've got a lot of synergy. She's used to my aggressive tanking style.
They're not hard to predict or account for, by any means, and I'm sure you come out with like 13k HP remaining or something if you always have a shield for one, but we're coming into the age where healer DPS is going to exceed Tank DPS as a priority, insofar as which one will lead to greater raid DPS. Even in the STR accessories you have like 300 less ATP than a healer, and can really only out DPS them, because they have to heal/you are given DPS abilities to make up for the fact that you are supposed to be wearing HP.

It's not too apparent in Susano, cause he's a soft ball(especially after the sword/balls phase), but if your healers weren't presiding over you with great care and were going aggressive healer style, you'd probably die. And that's to say nothing of not having an optimal healer setup. Later on down the road when things start hitting even harder, maybe not even in this first raid cycle though, the STR accessories will lose their appeal. Not only that, but the healer accessories will give more and more MND, leading to a higher gap in ATP, like 400 to 500 or more at some point.

I think people should curve their methods, and start changing how they see tanking and riding healers. I mean I love DPSing on tank as much as the next guy, but it's on its way out unless they revert us back to VIT scaling, and I don't think they're gonna pull a 180 with most of these changes, at least not anytime soon.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-02 01:46:43
Link | Citer | R

Right now healer dps is 1 to 1.5k below any of the 3 tanks, even in the most optimized speed running groups. Don't think they'll be catching up any time soon. Using the best group on fflogs atm as an example:

Run statistics

pld

war

sch

ast

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-02 03:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Right now healer dps is 1 to 1.5k below any of the 3 tanks, even in the most optimized speed running groups. Don't think they'll be catching up any time soon. Using the best group on fflogs atm as an example:

Run statistics

pld

war

sch

ast

Yeah sure, that's to be expected, because they are riding their healers(I mean the SCH even took the sword). I'd love to see the same group using VIT accessories, and having both healers be more aggressive. It probably wouldn't push them up into the 3ks, again, because they have to stop at times to you know, actually heal, but they'd probably both get well into the 2ks. If the tanks play the same way, relatively, they should both push into the mid to high 2000s. It'd be a little slower, little less DPS. But it would illustrate what I'm saying too. And the prospect only leans more that way the further we go. Like I said, right now it is not apparent, but it will be in time. Of course, what they're trying to do could just flop anyway, since if they make the fights too stringent even for massive VIT, then both tanks and healers DPS just sinks down, though healers less so due to how them getting to DPS works anyway. If they don't make them harder though, the STR train will keep rolling, and I'd really rather not hop back on.
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-07-02 04:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Skip to 7:18 and wait for the huge Reaction

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-02 05:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Run statistics

pld

war

sch

ast

Yeah sure, that's to be expected, because they are riding their healers(I mean the SCH even took the sword). I'd love to see the same group using VIT accessories, and having both healers be more aggressive. It probably wouldn't push them up into the 3ks, again, because they have to stop at times to you know, actually heal, but they'd probably both get well into the 2ks. If the tanks play the same way, relatively, they should both push into the mid to high 2000s. It'd be a little slower, little less DPS. But it would illustrate what I'm saying too. And the prospect only leans more that way the further we go. Like I said, right now it is not apparent, but it will be in time. Of course, what they're trying to do could just flop anyway, since if they make the fights too stringent even for massive VIT, then both tanks and healers DPS just sinks down, though healers less so due to how them getting to DPS works anyway. If they don't make them harder though, the STR train will keep rolling, and I'd really rather not hop back on.

The reason they aren't doing that is because it is not optimized. Losing 1,000-1,500 tank dps for 500 healer dps is a bad tradeoff. It's going to take a few patch cycles for pure attack power of healers to overcome a tank's maximum dps; while the healer may have higher attack poeer, they are also working with a significantly inferior average potency and have horrible personal dps buffs. It isn't going to be as quick or as easy as you think for a healer dps optimized setup to overcome a tank dps optimized setup atlfter accounting for general role strain (don't even have to stop dpsing in order to tank, you do have to stop dpsing to heal, which is morr than just tank damage mitigation efficiency; dps getting hit by things, unavoidable raid damage and mechanic damage, etc., all of which do not affect a tank) and overall dps kits (healer dps spells and buffs are simply inferior to tank ones). In addition, that extra 10k hp isn't really doing much to relieve healer strain all things considered. Soaks an extra autoattack at most.
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-07-02 11:15:05
Link | Citer | R

2 5-stars in 4 single summons!

I'm happy with the results from this banner now; back to saving orbs!
Summer team is go!
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-07-02 16:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Caught my cat hard at work

I think he could get a job at the state
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20909 20910 20911 ... 22713 22714 22715