Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20515 20516 20517 ... 22715 22716 22717
By Faelar 2017-01-07 00:06:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Every time I walk past the rack of booster packs at my local corner store I have to resist the urge to buy one or two. I haven't bought Pokemon cards in over a decade.

I haven't either, I sold all of my Pokemon cards back when I was......14? We used to go to the flea market every weekend and there was a dude there who sold legit booster packs for $1 each. My dad would buy me like 10-20 packs each weekend we went out there. It was so much fun opening them all. I ended up getting a shitton of foils, and I actually sold them all for $10 a piece in a yard sale. I had a binder full of 'em.

This booster box just reminded me of all of that, and it got me playing this online version of the TCG tonight...still need to redeem these 36 code cards for boosters in the game, but I have to get passed the tutorial first xD
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-07 00:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of which, I got my roommate's kid into Magic, today.

I'm a *** monster.
[+]
By Faelar 2017-01-07 00:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

I'm a *** monster.

You're a *** awesome monster. If only there were a decent online equivalent for MTG :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-07 00:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Faelar said: »

I'm a *** monster.

You're a *** awesome monster. If only there were a decent online equivalent for MTG :/
I dunno if that would beat CAH, but I'd try it.
By Faelar 2017-01-07 00:31:55
Link | Citer | R

I found this, but it's extremely limited. You can't use whatever cards you want, just the pre-selected decks. The MTG games on Steam have this problem as well.

A nice alternative I've found is Spellweaver. It's like Magic + Hearthstone, and it's free to play. I even have about 45 special keys that grant a large chunk of in-game gold to help get people started buying card packs if anyone wanted to give it a shot. Just PM me if interested and I'll toss a key your way :)
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-01-07 01:21:02
Link | Citer | R

i decided to brave the snow and ice since i needed groceries and i wasn't willing to wait. i got eggs/bacon for the morning and stuff to make stir fry tomorrow night.

*noms cinnanom pinwheels*

and some other stuff to munch on

*looks for sugar snap peas*
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-01-07 03:22:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-01-07 07:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Swaggernaught said: »
Kaim argonar you had a better story then cloud <3
That's not really special though, I've taken dumps that had better stories than cloud.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-07 08:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Asura.Swaggernaught said: »
Kaim argonar you had a better story then cloud <3
That's not really special though, I've taken dumps that had better stories than cloud.
Tried to play devil's advocate here, and think of a reason as to why Cloud's story had an excuse for being a little bit lackluster. Wanted to say that it was Square's first time making more fleshed out characters with in depth stories, but then I remembered FF4, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Gaia, Terranigma... the list keeps going.

Though I will say one thing for Cloud. When I watched my brother do his first playthrough of FF7 back in the day, when he got to Cloud's memory sequence and those normal Shinra troops were tagging along with Sephiroth and "Cloud," I remarked, "Man, those guys must be bad *** since the ones back in Midgar can only deal 8 damage."
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2017-01-07 08:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Chrono Trigger
Yep, because Chrono had one hell of a story. His character was so fleshed out and really developed throughout the course of the game.

That was sarcasm, by the way.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-07 08:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Chrono Trigger
Yep, because Chrono had one hell of a story. His character was so fleshed out and really developed throughout the course of the game.

That was sarcasm, by the way.
Him, no, but the rest of the characters, yes.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-01-07 09:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. Fact.

You at least get one thing right. It's about time.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-07 10:00:26
Link | Citer | R

My dad just came in with four 2l of soda. Tonight, before I go to bed, I'm taking them and locking them in the fridge in the camper.

If my niece asks why, I'm going to tell her it's because I will want a glass tomorrow and I don't want all of it mysteriously disappearing over night.

I seriously don't know how they drink multiple 2l in a matter of hours. I can only assume they pour it out for fun.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-01-07 10:30:35
Link | Citer | R

I really want to *** strangle so many people in XIV right now. It's *** 20-goddamn-17 and people still *** up A11. Not even savage, just normal piss-easy A11.

The amount of retards that can't *** dodge an easily telegraphed attack and instead stand right in the middle of it, or worse, run into you with it; is aneurysm inducing.

Goddamn jesus *** christ these people need to go the *** away and never come back.

15+ runs trying to get a single spring for my 4th-tier job and these window-licking *** beat my roll every single time. Have rolled 90+ at least 6 times and still can't get it.

/endpointlessrantthatmakesmefeelbetter
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-07 10:35:33
Link | Citer | R

*dies to a random chicken*
[+]
By Faelar 2017-01-07 10:46:48
Link | Citer | R

Dafuq did I just watch

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-07 10:47:59
Link | Citer | R

What if everyone's life is an mmorpg and we are being controlled by a random entity? :0
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-07 10:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Faelar said: »
Dafuq did I just watch

YouTube Video Placeholder
This was great. More entertaining then the show.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-07 10:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Though if I wanted to get intellectual about it, since the qualifier here is story, we can't disregard what happens with both characters throughout the course of the games we are exposed to them in. Chrono Trigger > FF7.

While Crono obviously has no direction, and is essentially the typical JRPG hero persona, we do learn things about him that we cannot necessarily ascribe to ourselves. His father is absent, either dead or left him and his mother. He is young, in his mid to late teens, and he is also a peasant. He has no profession, but he does seem to have some skill with a sword. Since he carries his sword around with him before the events of the game, he probably yearns to be a swordsman/castle guard/knight.

He's best friends with Lucca. He can eat and drink a lot. He likes to sleep in. He's a cat guy. He is brave and self sacrificing. I mean, sure, he doesn't have his own personality, and outside of placing ourselves in his role, we don't really connect with him emotionally, but he can be identified with.

Cloud on the other hand... He is a clear character with an explicit personality and story. Not a lot of people can really relate to him, and if they say that they can, well, they haven't actually thought about it. He's a bit convoluted as well, considering that part of his memories are not his own memories, and he becomes uncertain about whether or not he's lived any of his life as himself at all.

I mean, obviously he's an actual character and Crono is more or less an avatar with some flavour, but I guess I'd rather have that, over a protagonist that I can't connect myself with.

Also just realized that they have a few things in common. Both fight aliens that are eating the planet with several forms inside of craters with swords to prevent a cataclysm. Both have spiky anime hair, and both have single moms. Hah.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-01-07 11:06:00
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-07 11:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drakenv said: »
What if everyone's life is an mmorpg and we are being controlled by a random entity? :0
Sometimes, when I'm on the potty, I think "What if the world around me is an illusion and I'm in some highly intelligent alien race's zoo and aliens are watching me do my business?"
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-01-07 11:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Sometimes, when I'm on the potty, I think "What if the world around me is an illusion and I'm in some highly intelligent alien race's zoo and aliens are watching me do my business?"
You're pressing too hard :)
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-01-07 11:48:04
Link | Citer | R

I am cooler Kojo....
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-01-07 12:34:04
Link | Citer | R

*bakes a cake in the shape of a pie, then eats it in front of Magnuss*

Cakepie is no lie.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-07 12:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

I am cooler Kojo....
;0
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-01-07 12:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
It would make sense
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-01-07 13:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Lina: awww my endo-chain wore off

YOU MEAN ENOCHIAN LINA?
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-01-07 13:55:27
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-07 14:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

I am cooler Kojo....
I'm hotter. That's why I get the Garuda pony, the wind cools me off.
First Page 2 3 ... 20515 20516 20517 ... 22715 22716 22717