Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20419 20420 20421 ... 22718 22719 22720
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 14:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

As a XIV raid lead, I can feel for this pic, lol >>;
I also really liked the NEST one this week.

Will admit, watching Jesse panic about getting Arrow's from Seabass was amusing. A9S - the TP sinkhole. lol.
I was snickering to myself a lot on Sunday because we did our first A9S run.

Minefield kept confusing Spire cards with Arrow cards. So he kept saying, "here PLD or DRG, have an Arrow!" and inside I was screaming "OMG NO, PLEASE! THEIR TP!"

=D The solution to that - kill A9S so fast you don't have a TP problem! ... yeah, I know not really a solution for a group that just started xD I promoted a Rook turret so often on our first A9S clear. Still, happy raiding! :)
Lol it really does just come down to our kill speed. But at least for our first 2hrs touching it was got to the last phase. At this point it's time for execution clean-up and hopefully next run will be a clear.

More than half of the group was completely new to Savage raiding in general so it's nice to see them picking up on things so well.
Do tp song/promote during the heavy metal faust and that takes care of tp issues. Until it's destroyed by the fire the boss has a 90% damage resistance so killing it faster doesn't help you kill the boss faster by much.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 14:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »

Will admit, watching Jesse panic about getting Arrow's from Seabass was amusing. A9S - the TP sinkhole. lol.

Minefield kept confusing Spire cards with Arrow cards. So he kept saying, "here PLD or DRG, have an Arrow!" and inside I was screaming "OMG NO, PLEASE! THEIR TP!"

=D The solution to that - kill A9S so fast you don't have a TP problem! ... yeah, I know not really a solution for a group that just started xD I promoted a Rook turret so often on our first A9S clear. Still, happy raiding! :)
Lol it really does just come down to our kill speed. But at least for our first 2hrs touching it was got to the last phase. At this point it's time for execution clean-up and hopefully next run will be a clear.

More than half of the group was completely new to Savage raiding in general so it's nice to see them picking up on things so well.
Do tp song/promote during the heavy metal faust and that takes care of tp issues. Until it's destroyed by the fire the boss has a 90% damage resistance so killing it faster doesn't help you kill the boss faster by much.
That was the general idea. Only problem is we were having issues killing Faust (we ended up needing to kill it in the SE quad, I think most groups kill it SW, and using LB1 for the first few kills of it. Near the end we did fine without the LB1) Once we started killing him more reliably I was able to either get TP or MP songs out during that time depending on who was having the most issues.

I'm also kinda hoping I can try doing a WAR start next go too to up our damage on Refurbisher a bit, but have to talk with our PLD to see if he minds me messing around with it.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-20 14:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Or be Humble and never play TP song ever, because *** the melee/tanks, I need to try and out DPS them.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-20 14:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Fah la la la laaa ♫
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-12-20 14:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey, I forgot XV2 DLC1 was out today.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 14:30:42
Link | Citer | R

With pld and war it's better for the pld to tank the boss because warrior has decimate for the adds, charging stacks > double decimate with berserk on the first set wrecks them. Whatever you gain in more dps on the boss you are losing to the dps spending more time/tp killing the adds.

That was the general idea. Only problem is we were having issues killing Faust (we ended up needing to kill it in the SE quad, I think most groups kill it SW, and using LB1 for the first few kills of it. Near the end we did fine without the LB1) Once we started killing him more reliably I was able to either get TP or MP songs out during that time depending on who was having the most issues.
SE is the normal spot to kill him? That fights map always throws me as to what is actually north and south. In theory you can burst your dps and kill him on the first lava rise but it's not really something I'd recommend planning on. If you don't kill him before the second lava the boss just eats him and wipes you so if you killed him and didn't wipe you killed it in the right spot lol
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 14:40:52
Link | Citer | R

With pld and war it's better for the pld to tank the boss because warrior has decimate for the adds, charging stacks > double decimate with berserk on the first set wrecks them. Whatever you gain in more dps on the boss you are losing to the dps spending more time/tp killing the adds.

SE is the normal spot to kill him? That fights map always throws me as to what is actually north and south. In theory you can burst your dps and kill him on the first lava rise but it's not really something I'd recommend planning on. If you don't kill him before the second lava the boss just eats him and wipes you so if you killed him and didn't wipe you killed it in the right spot lol
I couldn't remember when the first generators spawn, I was thinking it was pretty close to the 30sec mark so it'd be just around the time I'd be hitting pacification. If it's earlier than that then mer.

You're right though, I'm far better used on the adds. I think it's mostly I feel so wonky on the opening of that fight because of how the beginning is timed out.

We kill on second lava but a lot of the guides I was skimming through seemed to have Faust down just before the first lava and moving into the Second lava area to create the Wall of safety for Scrapburst.

Either way, we were killing it so I was happy. Just made scrapburst feel more hectic I think.

But seriously... I just need to teach the BRD not to simply move towards me when it happens because she has this habit of gravitating towards me whenever I move and getting cleaved by Faust. >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-12-20 14:45:50
Link | Citer | R

@w@
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-20 14:47:59
Link | Citer | R

I forgot about all these wallpapers you can get

[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 14:51:52
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't remember when the first generators spawn, I was thinking it was pretty close to the 30sec mark so it'd be just around the time I'd be hitting pacification. If it's earlier than that then mer.
If you do normal opener it would be after pacify yeah, you'd want to delay berserk till the adds for the bigger gain over all until your dps down them without really thinking about it... and faust should be something like this

It certainly possible to kill him in C before the first lava, just not really a thing to aim for while learning.

Edit: A B and C are like, when you first drop down and are facing trump referbisher A is to your left and blank right, B and C on the other end.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:04:05
Link | Citer | R

still weirded out by the fact that in the original ffxiv she's a little girl and my character saved her. then in the new one i wanna... come to her rescue...
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 15:04:43
Link | Citer | R

So what you're saying is...

Face Boss towards A for Faust drop/Scrapline, everyone else Stack behind at C.

Tank rotates boss to B.

Move Faust to Unmarked corner, build wall, kill Faust, take his job.

I think the next phase had us tanking Refurb facing towards the C/Unmarked side, do you just just keep him facing A? Or maybe I'm forgetting a phase... I think next phase is the first set of bombs and when he gets his 2nd arm back.

Edit: Also thanks a bunch for the tips.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-20 15:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
still weirded out by the fact that in the original ffxiv she's a little girl and my character saved her. then in the new one i wanna... come to her rescue...

You only 'saved' her in an echo vision
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

You only 'saved' her in an echo vision

don't you dare question my visions.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-20 15:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Minfilia is a terrible character. No amount of boobage can savage it.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 15:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Next phase start at A and shift up to B once the OT + Healer drop their generators. You'll have a wall build right after, I usually drop my rock on the border between the 2 and dame hides behind it as well. Adds die in A and party stacks where you want them to for the stack buster.

Since you said you had a bard have them be the one to pick up the alarm and just keep dots up on it for extra procs. The dots will kill it by the time it needs to be killed and it doesn't do much damage. It should die on the border between blank and C.

This guide had diagrams for all the things if that helps

peanut
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-20 15:16:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

i've said that about sehachan a few times, but you never know how a new arc or story can reshape how you look at a character.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 15:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Next phase start at A and shift up to B once the OT + Healer drop their generators. You'll have a wall build right after, I usually drop my rock on the border between the 2 and dame hides behind it as well. Adds die in A and party stacks where you want them to for the stack buster.

Since you said you had a bard have them be the one to pick up the alarm and just keep dots up on it for extra procs. The dots will kill it by the time it needs to be killed and it doesn't do much damage. It should die on the border between blank and C.

peanut
This will help greatly. o.o

Now I'm pissed I didn't see these diagrams before. x.x
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-20 15:24:59
Link | Citer | R

peanut

lol if you need a fill in for practice/learning feel free to poke me if I'm around.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-12-20 15:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

i've said that about sehachan a few times, but you never know how a new arc or story can reshape how you look at a character.

You said she is a terrible character?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:29:08
Link | Citer | R

yeah
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:29:47
Link | Citer | R

but the last season was pretty decent. there was even a beach arc.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-12-20 15:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Despite that I think she's still mad at me I wouldn't conclude as much.

But *** it, what do I know?
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 15:31:19
Link | Citer | R

peanut

lol if you need a fill in for practice/learning feel free to poke me if I'm around.
Will do. o/

Right now I'm more worried about finding an 8th. Luckily this week we can't do anything anyway since the weekend is nothing but holidays. But given we're using an unconventional group comp I'm interested to see what responses I get from people when I have PF up.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-12-20 15:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Right now I'm more worried about finding an 8th.

ok, you talked me into it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-20 15:34:53
Link | Citer | R

that was an awesome guide, thanks Ina
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-12-20 15:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Right now I'm more worried about finding an 8th.

ok, you talked me into it.
Go on...
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2016-12-20 15:42:06
Link | Citer | R

So Brave Heat is pretty much just Saiyan Spirit but for all races. Eh.
First Page 2 3 ... 20419 20420 20421 ... 22718 22719 22720