Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18726 18727 18728 ... 22714 22715 22716
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-16 09:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Ehhh, even if we were on the frontlines of a war in XIV, we'd be wrecking shop. Stronger than primals as invdividuals, so, <_>; ***would be wack.

I'm kind of looking forward to an Ala Mhigan update or expansion though. Something that would hopefully bring us up full tilt against the Garleans. Course, we'd probably be airshiped/stealth missioned/group of our trusted allies'd into the secret back entrance to ramrod the emperor.
Ala Mhigans kinda piss me off. Every damn time something bad happens in XIV, the main reason is "because Ala Mhigo!" It sounds like a country of dickbags.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-16 09:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ehhh, even if we were on the frontlines of a war in XIV, we'd be wrecking shop. Stronger than primals as invdividuals, so, <_>; ***would be wack.

I'm kind of looking forward to an Ala Mhigan update or expansion though. Something that would hopefully bring us up full tilt against the Garleans. Course, we'd probably be airshiped/stealth missioned/group of our trusted allies'd into the secret back entrance to ramrod the emperor.
Ala Mhigans kinda piss me off. Every damn time something bad happens in XIV, the main reason is "because Ala Mhigo!" It sounds like a country of dickbags.

Almost as bad as those dirty Al Behd Bruddah!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-16 09:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

The Al Bhed have Rikku who ranks fairly high in the good time waifu bracket.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-16 09:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
cause paged
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-16 10:06:11
Link | Citer | R

"Dose Al Behd have a hard time concentrating Bruddah, we should build some camps for them Bruddah."
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-02-16 10:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Stronger than primals as invdividuals, so, <_>; ***would be wack.
Not really true, even though it only shows us in the CSs dialogue is always "gather a group of your fellows" or the like before entering. The only thing giving us an edge over normal people against primals is we can't be tempered. Remember Leviatan and Titan were both killed by a regular group of adventurers in the intermission between 1.0 and 2.0, and Ifrit has always been spam summoned and killed by the immortal flames. The reason we are better at killing them then normal people isn't because we are meant to be god powered, the playing field is just leveled because the primals can't turn us into thralls.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-16 10:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »

Not #Al Behd lives matter bruddah I'm saying #All lives matter bruddah

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 10:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Dude, the Ala Mhigans are dope. You ain't know jack! Ilberd is just a hoe.

But I guess it's somewhat right. They went to war with Gridania a ton, and were almost always winning and taking land from the Gridanians. Eventually the other city-states got involved, but only when it posed no real risk to them. Later, of course, when the Garleans invaded Ala Mhigo none of the city-states really came to their aid. So they got overwhelmed and subjugated. All the refugees/poor people in Ul Dah are Ala Mhigan. Couldn't go to Gridania, cause of the bad blood from all the past disputes.

You learn a lot about them if you pay attention to the sidequests in Southern Thanalan as well as the Monk quest line(mainly the optional dialogue with the alchemist pre-50).
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 10:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Stronger than primals as invdividuals, so, <_>; ***would be wack.
Not really true, even though it only shows us in the CSs dialogue is always "gather a group of your fellows" or the like before entering. The only thing giving us an edge over normal people against primals is we can't be tempered. Remember Leviatan and Titan were both killed by a regular group of adventurers in the intermission between 1.0 and 2.0, and Ifrit has always been spam summoned and killed by the immortal flames. The reason we are better at killing them then normal people isn't because we are meant to be god powered, the playing field is just leveled because the primals can't turn us into thralls.
That was true up until about Leviathan, but after that it's always just us versus the primal, storyline wise. As seen with Ramuh, Shiva, Ravana, Bismarck, and King Thordaniel. Of course, we don't ever actually have solo battles for any of that, but you can't ignore that it illustrates us as being alone in those fights. They didn't even tell us to go get friends for Storyline Ifrit, Garuda, or Titan. They just mentioned the past battlers, and storyline wise we fought them by ourselves. So yes, we have quite a bit of an edge over any normal person.
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 11:05:33
Link | Citer | R

For those of you with Fallout 4 and liked it the Season pass is about to shoot up $20 if you haven't bought it already.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-16 11:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Ilberd
I never trusted him. I think it's the jawline paired with the haircut.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-16 11:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
If you want to see the lore without actually playing the game you need to dig into the lore sections of forums, drac can probably give you some links.

There is so much lore most people don't even know about. So much stuff you have to connect from what NPCs say in flying text and crafting quest dialogue, random sidequests, item descriptions, card text, FATEs, sightseeing log etc. There's also stuff you can miss if you don't talk to all the NPCs in an area during a quest (like in the Rising Stones the NPCs will comment on things going on)

If you go in the lore section of the OF you can learn a lot, especially if you read Anonymoose's posts

Like this

Or the stuff about Aetherytes from Duty Commenced

Or this about the people who give us the relic weapon quests (Rowena the merchant and Gerolt the blacksmith)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-16 11:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Garleans conquering Ala Mhigo

This also gives you a bit more background on Gridania (though you have to read a lot since there are corrections by Enkidoh and Anonymoose)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/265324-A-Brief-History-of-the-Black-Shroud
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-16 11:47:28
Link | Citer | R

And this gross fish from Azys Lla

Quote:
Unlike anything else on Eorzea, compound #123 is thought to be another of the Allagan Empire's failed chimeric creations. The creature seems to be harmless enough, feeding only on the tiny water lice which inhabit Azys Lla's aetherochemical pools. Its outer hide, however, has given many a naturalist pause as it bears a texture almost identical to that of a Lalafell's skin.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-02-16 11:56:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 12:00:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-16 12:02:43
Link | Citer | R

I posted that before you reposterererer
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 12:03:25
Link | Citer | R

;-; I didn't know! There I changed it >:O
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 12:03:25
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-16 12:04:33
Link | Citer | R

It was like 50 pages back but still

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 12:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
It was like 50 pages back but still
I don't want to get mauled. pls no bear scratch

Post deleted by User.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 12:07:53
Link | Citer | R

gonna throw this one out there too. WHMs rule!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 18726 18727 18728 ... 22714 22715 22716