Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18725 18726 18727 ... 22714 22715 22716
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-16 01:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Also I was playing some Fallout 4, they were not kidding around with difficulty in this game. I am constantly completely out of ammo for any of my good guns and having to keep buying so many stimpaks. I went into a random building on my way to a mission marker and fought a Mirelurk Queen and two Legendary Raiders, not to mention probably 20 or so other random enemies. By the time I left I literally had no ammo for any of my guns but the double barrel shotgun and an institute rifle I hadn't been using.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 03:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't the way to bypass that by being a super strong melee character?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-16 04:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Possibly, I've never used melee in fallout.
By Yatenkou 2016-02-16 06:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah they really got stingy on the ammo in fallout 4. However a good way to keep yourself equipped, is to keep a pipe rifle with an advanced receiver handy as your backup and never use it. If you do it right you'll have like 2000+ .38 rounds for the pipe rifle, and let me tell you if you're firing it as a semi auto, you'll be able to conserve a lot of ammo as opposed to spraying a shitload from full auto
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 06:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Possibly, I've never used melee in fallout.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 06:57:32
Link | Citer | R

You know, now that I think about it, Deathclaws remind me of Tauri.

[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 07:11:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised we didn't get more of these guys in XIV. Guess it's because we haven't really come across a demon owned zone.

It kinda lessens the danger you feel towards demons in XIV. They keep telling you these voidkin are some of the most dangerous things in existence. Sure they are, that's why they are in like 2 dungeons and a few caves.

Fact Checking!:
7/41 dungeons
3/29 Raids
4/14 Guildhests
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-02-16 07:22:33
Link | Citer | R

I hope they bring the XI rabbit to xiv.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 07:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »

I'm surprised we didn't get more of these guys in XIV. Guess it's because we haven't really come across a demon owned zone.

It kinda lessens the danger you feel towards demons in XIV. They keep telling you these voidkin are some of the most dangerous things in existence. Sure they are, that's why they are in like 2 dungeons and a few caves.
Well there's Haukke Manor and Haukke Manor HM, Dzemael Darkhold, Annoying the Void(hest), Shadowclaw(hest), World of Darkness, Amdapor Keep and Amdapor Keep HM, Great Gubal Library, Sunken Temple of Qarn(just the first boss), Void Ark, The Lost City of Amdapor(Diabolos), and I think at least one other one that I can't recall.

But the real reason you don't feel like demons are dangerous in XIV is because they aren't. They haven't made any strong ones. The 8 man raids up till now have to deal with Elder Primals and Ancient Super Technology. I'm hoping that the next iteration of Void Ark will change this, but their policy toward 24 mans is pretty apparent. It's catch up content to advance people left behind/returning players. They're never difficult, though the 2nd to last boss in Void Ark(which is a FFT reference to the Lucavi) was on the right track. If they turned that boss up a notch or two, he'd be really hellish. Like, imagine if the 5 stacks of bleed that is alliance wide just stayed after you killed the towers? I mean, he's the problem boss in that dungeon.

Demons and monsters in general in XI were far more deadly than in XIV, because XIV keeps all of the dangerous stuff in instanced areas. You're never intended to face that stuff alone, so it gets scaled to 4 people or more. It's just easier all around. The world of FFXI was immersive and often lead to fatal encounters. It lead people to be careful. You had stealth items and spells. You learned to creep and not agro ***. Like areas that you don't go to often in XI are rarely frequented because of their distance from a safe place. Areas you don't frequent in XIV aren't frequented because they aren't instances.

All the overworld monsters got leashes. In XI they still chase you till the ends of the earth, particularly demons(who also run faster than you).
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 07:36:04
Link | Citer | R

I get you, it's just lore wise people are terrified of these things but like no one has seen any do anything even remotely important.

I'm gonna take over this place filled with already dead bodies.

OoOOooo! *jingles chains*

Lv 20 group of 4 noobs comes in and just wrecks everything.

YUP demons, such scary, much terror.

Basically I want Xarcabard.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-02-16 07:38:35
Link | Citer | R

I get you, it's just lore wise people are terrified of these things but like no one has seen any do anything even remotely important.
Well going off leve quest descriptions the Tauri infect living creatures in a larval form then grow inside them for a time... Lore wise thats kinda terrifying.

Eidt: there is also the part about Amadine mutilating young women. Gameplay wise your right there aren't that many dangerous demons, if speaking lore and story it's a bit of a different story though.
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 07:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Well going off leve quest descriptions the Tauri infect living creatures in a larval form then grow inside them for a time... Lore wise thats kinda terrifying.

Eidt: there is also the part about Amadine mutilating young women. Gameplay wise your right there aren't that many dangerous demons, if speaking lore and story it's a bit of a different story though.
Now that would make for a fun fight. Make it a S Rank hunt mark. If you get damaged and aren't Esuna'd or w/e in 5 seconds you turn into a Tauri for 1 minute and infect others.

Would be great fun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-02-16 08:05:04
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine it'd be more like the facehuggers from Alien. After fighting the Taurus and moving on to another part of the quest or a different quest or whatever, your character develops sharp pain in their abdomen. He thinks nothing of it, but suddenly out of nowhere a baby Taurus pops out of your character's stomach and runs away, leaving your character dead.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-16 08:07:20
Link | Citer | R

I think it's somewhat amusing though that the two games have almost entirely different tones though when it comes to lore. FFXIV makes a point that your almost just in the background of wars and conflicts, whilst FFXI is not afraid to literally just dump you in it. (See WoTG)
Not to say that FFXIV is devoid of conflict (see the opening cutscene, then you got the dragon war.)
But it never makes an explcit point that you are actually a warrior on the front lines of these conflicts like WoTG does.

Although FFXIV does have darker tonnes, i don't think that Demons and hellspawn just line up to how, kind of light hearted the main plot is, in comparrison to FFXI, which is a serious task to research lore on by itself.

Take any Mythic weapon on FFXI for example, each mythic has their own lore, origin, and eventually even more lore when you are obtaining.

For example:
Quote:
Also known by its alias, "Chaser," this robust red sandalwood club is plated in phosphorescent gold and exquisitely encrusted with an array of magically imbued sacred stones.
It is said to have been the weapon of choice for the legendary admiral, Veydal, who commissioned its creation to master crafter priests specifically for high sea encounters with the dreaded Leviathan.

Well ok, thats a lot of information there, it suggests that Yagrush was used in conflict with Leviathan, so what about him, whats his lore.

Whilst 14 kinda doesn't even have that really. No weapons have true origins, their mythics and stuff just... They just dont have!!! >:(

*Flips a table*
Lina Out!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-16 08:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Yatenkou said: »
I hope they bring the XI rabbit to xiv.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 08:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I think it's somewhat amusing though that the two games have almost entirely different tones though when it comes to lore. FFXIV makes a point that your almost just in the background of wars and conflicts, whilst FFXI is not afraid to literally just dump you in it. (See WoTG)
Not to say that FFXIV is devoid of conflict (see the opening cutscene, then you got the dragon war.)
But it never makes an explcit point that you are actually a warrior on the front lines of these conflicts like WoTG does.

Although FFXIV does have darker tonnes, i don't think that Demons and hellspawn just line up to how, kind of light hearted the main plot is, in comparrison to FFXI, which is a serious task to research lore on by itself.

Take any Mythic weapon on FFXI for example, each mythic has their own lore, origin, and eventually even more lore when you are obtaining.

For example:
Quote:
Also known by its alias, "Chaser," this robust red sandalwood club is plated in phosphorescent gold and exquisitely encrusted with an array of magically imbued sacred stones.
It is said to have been the weapon of choice for the legendary admiral, Veydal, who commissioned its creation to master crafter priests specifically for high sea encounters with the dreaded Leviathan.

Well ok, thats a lot of information there, it suggests that Yagrush was used in conflict with Leviathan, so what about him, whats his lore.

Whilst 14 kinda doesn't even have that really. No weapons have true origins, their mythics and stuff just... They just dont have!!! >:(

*Flips a table*
Lina Out!
Actually they do >_> least the original ones anyhow. DRK, MCH, and AST though not so much.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-02-16 08:10:38
Link | Citer | R

Now that would make for a fun fight. Make it a S Rank hunt mark. If you get damaged and aren't Esuna'd or w/e in 5 seconds you turn into a Tauri for 1 minute and infect others.

Would be great fun.
I took it as more of a keeping the host alive while feeding on it till maturity thing. So it would be more of a you die and adds spawn sorta thing.
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 08:13:02
Link | Citer | R

/leaves bait out for Artemecion

http://chroniclesoftime.net/
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-02-16 08:13:20
Link | Citer | R

The original relics all do actually, there is information on each one as the quest progresses. The new relics don't because you are forging a weapon from scratch with the goal of making it a living weapon.
By Wordspoken 2016-02-16 08:13:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna take over this place filled with already dead bodies.

OoOOooo! *jingles chains*

Lv 20 group of 4 noobs comes in and just wrecks everything.

YUP demons, such scary, much terror.

Basically I want Xarcabard.
But you know..isn't this type of immersion breaker a problem with all mmos?
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 08:15:05
Link | Citer | R

The original relics all do actually, there is information on each one as the quest progresses. The new relics don't because you are forging a weapon from scratch with the goal of making it a living weapon.
For the originals,
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/212106-Relic-and-Zodiac-Braves-Weapons-Consolidated-lore-post
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-16 08:15:32
Link | Citer | R

For example:
Quote:

*Flips a table*
Lina Out!
Actually they do >_> least the original ones anyhow. DRK, MCH, and AST though not so much.

I wouldn't naturally know this i don't play FFXIV!
I've seen the Kannagi getting Cutscene and was like "There is like 0 lore this this...."
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 08:22:57
Link | Citer | R

I've seen the Kannagi getting Cutscene and was like "There is like 0 lore this this...."
Well in XIVs defense Kannagi has no lore in XI either.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-16 08:25:06
Link | Citer | R

*Shakes fists*
Acctually the lore of Kannagi is that a long time ago a great many NINs went to do it when Abyssea came out, some say to this day, there are thousands of useless kannagi's noone cares about.

thats more lore than 14s!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-16 08:26:13
Link | Citer | R

*Shakes fists*
Acctually the lore of Kannagi is that a long time ago a great many NINs went to do it when Abyssea came out, some say to this day, there are thousands of useless kannagi's noone cares about.

thats more lore than 14s!
Wait, I thought that was Twashtar's lore!
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-02-16 08:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Uh they had players play that battle from the End of an Era trailer before the servers went down. It was a lag fest but still there. They also had a bunch of GM hosted events where they RPed various characters alongside players scattered though out the last couple months of 1.0. They haven't had much of that in 2.0 or 3.0 true but thats because we haven't been a soldier on the front lines. Our actions are mostly behind the scenes, "Eeorzias Light in the Darkness" as named at one point.

Edit: XI was no different here, we were never on the front lines till an expansion revolving around exactly that.

One thing here is even if you watch all the CSs on youtube a lot of stuff goes on between CSs or even just quest progression dialogue. There are npcs scattered around for every quest that comment on you, recognize you etc that you can only speak to while that quest is active. Also there are a lot of static npcs whos dialogue changes as the story progresses such as those in the rising stones and waking sands. The flavor text on a lot of quest items also such as dating certain events/references etc... If you want to see the lore without actually playing the game you need to dig into the lore sections of forums, drac can probably give you some links.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-02-16 09:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Fail's waif is going to be in Project X Zone 2.
YouTube Video Placeholder

also; dat Kos-mos
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-16 09:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh, even if we were on the frontlines of a war in XIV, we'd be wrecking shop. Stronger than primals as invdividuals, so, <_>; ***would be wack.

I'm kind of looking forward to an Ala Mhigan update or expansion though. Something that would hopefully bring us up full tilt against the Garleans. Course, we'd probably be airshiped/stealth missioned/group of our trusted allies'd into the secret back entrance to ramrod the emperor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-16 09:49:01
Link | Citer | R

https://vine.co/v/ivqJbgP3j77
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18725 18726 18727 ... 22714 22715 22716