Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18716 18717 18718 ... 22635 22636 22637

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 19:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
On that line assuming it's true, idk and idc to check:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Here ya go.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 19:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Women in games aren't usually useless though, they're very often strong, independent, black women who don't need no man and actually have personalities and development

Maybe not to the same degree as male characters but even women have a tough time writing women.

By useless I mean just there for sex appeal etc
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 19:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
No one liked my joke :(
Old ladies on the bus are not there for your hentai fantasies.
Check your privilege ***lord, for too long have I been opressed by old ladies on the bus.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 19:51:40
Link | Citer | R

That's some kinda shitty Zaku you peasant, not a decepticon
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 19:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Check your privilege ***lord, for too long have I been opressed by old ladies on the bus.
I'm on a bus right now and I feel old so you've definitely triggered me. Also i might be leaking gender fluid.

Be glad I'm not a lady too or you'd be at strike three and pushed off a cliff like some decepticon.
Your leaking gender fluid!? You need to get to a mechanic right away!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 19:54:39
Link | Citer | R

I think Anita Sarkeesian represents the "gamer girls" that are looked down upon in gaming communities; those who are entitled and can't handle it. I've gamed with many women and the few who used their gender to imply that they have more right to something or fly off the handle at the slightest joke were usually taken as jokes while the everyday, secure girls were just a part of the group.

Internet trolls feed off of reaction, you start acting like you can't take heat and they start *** with you.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 20:01:27
Link | Citer | R

*checks privilege* Yep, still there.
Going to keep using it until it's gone.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 20:02:43
Link | Citer | R

You have to think and realize though, most likely every woman has been looked down on skill wise or been made trivial at some point for being a woman in gaming. Not taken seriously or discriminated against etc. They also likely get a lot of extra attention sure, but as treated like objects for sex or, as you said by white knights who treat them like royalty because of their sex; both can be unwanted and both are not treating them as equals.

Meanwhile no one walks up to you kojo and instantly says "oh you're a guy "? you must *** suck at this game newb. Go make me a sandwich you useless ***." purely because you have a penis.
They just tell him he's useless at sex because he has a penis, and not a magic vibrating *** shaped like batman.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:14:50
Link | Citer | R

You have to think and realize though, most likely every woman has been looked down on skill wise or been made trivial at some point for being a woman in gaming. Not taken seriously or discriminated against etc. They also likely get a lot of extra attention sure, but as treated like objects for sex or, as you said by white knights who treat them like royalty because of their sex; both can be unwanted and both are not treating them as equals.

Meanwhile no one walks up to you kojo and instantly says "oh you're a guy "? you must *** suck at this game newb. Go make me a sandwich you useless ***." purely because you have a penis.
Everyone gets discriminated against in life at times and no, that's not how the stigma works so no that's never happened.

Though I've heard of women saying they'd prefer a female doctor despite men and women being taught the same things in medical school. "You're a man? You must be bad at delivering babies and performing gynecological check ups because only women can perform those jobs."
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 20:16:00
Link | Citer | R

But in all seriousness, Women are far more vicious with the whole sexist thing towards men. Men are treated as useless wads of meat they wouldn't touch with a 50 foot pole, unless they happen to look like Batman and wear his tight leotard suit that hyper-accentuates muscles that may, or may not be toned to perfection, have the money and influence of Bruce Wayne, or the all consuming power and strength of Superman. Clarke Kent was designed to look like a low income weenie who wasn't very strong. Or as attractive as his super hero alter ego.

Instead, the insults and attacks hit far closer to home than the misconception that girls aren't as good as their male counterparts at video games. And considering there have been studies that show women are generally better *among those polled and tested) there really isn't a need to white knight things in a way that shames gamers of the male gender simply for being male. In regards to Catwoman, her day to day character or personality was extremely conservatively dressed, and equally as shy. So the sleek designed "cat thief" concept of Catwoman's costume was a stark contrast in personality that allowed her to come out of her shell. This fact is constantly glossed over by those like Anita, who focus too much on one aspect, without taking into consideration the entirety of the character; such as their history and development.

However, there was also a stigma among women about Catwoman's costume not being "sexy" or "empowering" enough among the female fans in the past. Another fact that has been highly glossed over by people like Anita and Zoey.

***, even other women, "true" feminists included, have admitted that women are vicious when it comes to male sex appeal, and even female sex appeal, or aesthetic appearance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 20:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Though I've heard of women saying they'd prefer a female doctor despite men and women being taught the same things in medical school. "You're a man? You must be bad at delivering babies and performing gynecological check ups because only women can perform those jobs."

Probably has more to do with being uncomfortable with a man doing the checkup
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Probably has more to do with being uncomfortable with a man doing the checkup
Why? Why does there have to be a difference?

We seem to be a species that tries to unite and equalize everyone but only manage to drive each other apart.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-14 20:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Either way, Anita is a shitty human being.

I remember when she cancelled on a gamer club at some college when they only raised like 3k of her 5k speaking fee.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-14 20:21:50
Link | Citer | R

This conversation is mostly staying on the rails, but it's a sensitive enough topic that it probably belongs in P+R.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
This conversation is mostly staying on the rails, but it's a sensitive enough topic that it probably belongs in P+R.
Ok, we'll talk about our waifus.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 20:24:22
Link | Citer | R

That topic might get too heated and has to go into P&R also.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:24:52
Link | Citer | R

That topic might get too heated and has to go into P&R also.
Nonsense!
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 20:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Rooks is my waifu.

Kojo is is own waifu and husbando

I have my pizza and coke.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 20:26:40
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Waifus:

Anna can have Mari, I'll take Asuka, who wants Rei?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 20:28:09
Link | Citer | R

I'll take Rei. over and over. and over some more.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:28:11
Link | Citer | R

I'll take Rei too, I go by Mormon rules.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 20:33:39
Link | Citer | R

How the hell did we get locked into that tirade anyway? Serious debating in RT feels unclean...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 20:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Eva spoilers.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18716 18717 18718 ... 22635 22636 22637