Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18715 18716 18717 ... 22632 22633 22634
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 18:33:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-02-14 18:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Had Chinese food, want ice cream. Make it so.
How about some Hideki Tojo Ice Cream Treats?

(yeah I know he isn't Chinese)
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 18:36:18
Link | Citer | R

>.> everytime I've had Dominos, there's been something that's given me food poisoning. Or hair baked into the pizza.

Why would you put fried chicken on pizza? That's all kinds of wrong.

Also, Dominos is by far, the worst rated pizza makers in Canada. Nothing wrong about calling their disgusting slop disgusting. Hell, they are so desperate for customers, they have to GIVE away free pizza for people to eat it.

And the pizza in their commercials actually comes from another restaurant.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-14 18:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Regarding Anita Sarkeesian, I've watched her videos and I agree with her. Video games do a shitty job with female characters. I could see some arguments against some of her examples, and I would also say that the problems she's point out may be symptomatic of generally ***writing in video games as a whole. Anyway, the woman gets an insane amount of unnecessary hate, to the level of death threats from people who find her address. I really don't understand this level of vitriol over video games.

Related:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 18:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Admittedly, the hate levels go a bit far.

However, dictating the changes necessary to the industry in a contradictory manner, or the level of "you don't like my comments, you're a racist, bigot, misogynist piece of ***that should be banned from the internet, let alone breathing", is taking it a bit too far as well.

People have taken legitimate issue with how she's said things, the things she has said, and the contradictions she has posed, only to find they've been banned (and really, the hate mail she receives, while troubling from disturbed individuals) is a pittance in comparison to the people she chooses to block, ignore, or have banned from "attacking her", is much, much higher.

She wants to change these things. That's fine. What isn't fine, is she wants it done on HER terms, completely ignoring that she doesn't have to be offended personally, because of how someone else wrote the story or characters in their product.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 18:51:34
Link | Citer | R

And enjoy a game for what it is. God damn it woman.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 18:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
And enjoy a game for what it is. God damn it woman.
This is what I say when I'm playing hentai games in public, just enjoy it lady come on.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-14 18:58:31
Link | Citer | R

However, dictating the changes necessary to the industry in a contradictory manner, or the level of "you don't like my comments, you're a racist, bigot, misogynist piece of ***that should be banned from the internet, let alone breathing", is taking it a bit too far as well.
Has she ever said that? Cuz I've never seen that. It's not like she's taken the industry hostage. Part of her argument is that if poor representation of women is the norm in a form of media, then it promotes that in the minds of the audience. This reinforces a general divide between the gaming culture and women, when it really ought to be more inclusive to keep the media from stagnating.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 18:58:34
Link | Citer | R

You can't simply agree with Anita, it's not that easy. Sure, you may agree with one of her statements but that's not enough. You either subscribe to her brand of insanity and willingness to live in a distopia where you, as a male, are demonized simply because you are male...or you are wrong.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 19:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Has she ever said that? Cuz I've never seen that. It's not like she's taken the industry hostage. Part of her argument is that if poor representation of women is the norm in a form of media, then it promotes that in the minds of the audience. This reinforces a general divide between the gaming culture and women, when it really ought to be more inclusive to keep the media from stagnating.
She and Zoe Quinn spoke to the UN on a point of that nature, they also want to be able to throw allegations around and not have to back it up with proof.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-14 19:01:59
Link | Citer | R

You can't simply agree with Anita, it's not that easy. Sure, you may agree with one of her statements but that's not enough. You either subscribe to her brand of insanity and willingness to live in a distopia where you, as a male, are demonized simply because you are male...or you are wrong.
I think you're misinterpreting her message. She isn't calling out men as a gender, she's calling out stereotypes of women and the defense of those stereotypes.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-02-14 19:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Pro tip:
Eat a few semi-sweet chocolate chips right before brushing your teeth so the brushing will taste like a York Peppermint Pattie.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 19:05:27
Link | Citer | R

She's done quite a bit of back and forth about this on Twitter. She doesn't come right out and say it, but it's very strongly suggested. There are videos on youtube that put this behavior of hers on display.

Hell, she personally went on a youtube rant against AOS attacking him, when all he did was breakdown her comments and position with counterpoints.

She would have a point if she used media as a whole, but she specifically targeted games for a long time. As it stands now, Twitter is consulting her to be the head of the Twitter Safety and Security Council or w/e. Which, given the details of the position as outlined by Twitter, gives her unyielding permission and power to be the language police. Like an Episode of PC Principle in South Park, but far less humor or sarcasm.

And as I mentioned, she's blocked, ignored, or had accounts banned for "harassment", when the majority of those posts deleted or removed, were simple counterpoints to her arguments, but she left the hate comments for all the world to see how much hate she got.

I think she eventually reconciled with AOS, and in the middle of doing so, kind of showed how much of a fraud she was.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2016-02-14 19:08:13
Link | Citer | R

ok now I am officially confused!!
Anyone with an IT background please feel free to chime in, as I now don't have a clue what is causing this.
This is related to my windows 10 post earlier.
I have successfully done a clean install of the operating system, at the moment it seems like it is stable. (I have let it sit for 30+ minutes and I have tried a few things to 'stress' the system.
ANYWAY.
That is just showing that it works RIGHT NOW.
That is not to say I had some issues, when I first got done with the fresh install I went through the whole thing of setting up the Operating System (setting time zone, connecting to the internet etc etc) That is where I had the issue... When I went to login to my account I hit a black screen crash (my cursor was in the middle of the screen but it did not move)
Rinse and repeat a few times.
on a hunch I decided to unplug my wireless dongle (Linksys AE1000) and created just a OS account (nothing linked to MS
SUCCESS!
Now this is where I am at (and this I guess is the TL;DR portion :p)
I can't seem to plug in my wireless dongle for more then 30 seconds to maybe a minute before I get this black screen as mentioned, can anyone explain to me why this is happening? I tried to uninstall the drivers for the AE1000 and installing them from ones I got from their website before I started this install.
(I'm posting this from my laptop)
As of this moment I have had it booted up and sitting on the desktop for a while and it works (even played some solitaire lol)
Please help

(inb4CNTvirus)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 19:11:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 19:12:46
Link | Citer | R

I think you're misinterpreting her message. She isn't calling out men as a gender, she's calling out stereotypes of women and the defense of those stereotypes.
No, that's exactly what she's doing, and has done.

Her message started off about changing or eliminating those sterotypes... and games, media, etc. have been working diligently to erase them as the culture of the audience has changed over the years, long before her brand of insanity reared it's ugly head.

But again, stereotypes are going to exist, even if it's been minimalized. Secondly, and probably more importantly in a consumerist global culture, she's harking specifically at games where she's not part of the demographic, but is appreciated none-the-less for being someone who buys those games.

She's been on record for calling several older and classic titles like Legend of Zelda sexist, simply for having a male protagonist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 19:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
if one writes a story that details, "this character is worthless because they are japanese" or "this character is worthless because she's a woman" or "slavery is okay here because they're all jews anyway" yeah of course people are going to be angry; That's the kind of behavior some writers bring to their medium sadly and it's not acceptable.

The *** kinda games do you play
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 19:25:01
Link | Citer | R

If she hasn't said it personally, her buddies have. The videos I've seen where she has a point seems like she's grasping for anything she can; comparing Catwomon's *** being visible while Batman's is blocked by a cape, for example. This disregards that, as a cat-themed super hero/villain, Catwoman is intended to be sleek and acrobatic which a cape would being counterintuitive for. I do find it funny that she actually sat and tried to see Batman's ***.

We used to have a saying along the lines of racists look for other racists and quickly point them out. Anita seems the same way with her sexism and bigotry. She strikes me as a very insecure, hateful, and manipulative person.

Lastly, she is a form of a white knight, as are most of her followers. A white knight is about the most misogynistic thing someone can be; thinking that a woman needs someone to ride in and save them from some plight, that she needs someone to protect her because she's a woman...but that's another matter.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 19:31:58
Link | Citer | R

No one liked my joke :(
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 19:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
No one liked my joke :(
Old ladies on the bus are not there for your hentai fantasies.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-14 19:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It's about removing the poisonous stigma society has towards how men and women are treated Kojo, crap like dictating a man or a woman's worth based on sexist ideals; exactly like racism or prejudice towards someone's skin color does for an individual's worth.
There are equally poisonous stigma towards men. Like women & children first. Ever seen Titanic? Women get the life boats and the men have to die.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-14 19:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Children last please
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 19:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It's about removing the poisonous stigma society has towards how men and women are treated Kojo, crap like dictating a man or a woman's worth based on sexist ideals; exactly like racism or prejudice towards someone's skin color does for an individual's worth.
There are equally poisonous stigma towards men. Like women & children first. Ever seen Titanic? Women get the life boats and the men have to die.
There was also this interesting documentary about the aftermath of the Titanic sinking, and more questions about the end of the movie where Jack had drowned. Given the piece of wreckage she was floating on, Jack could have easily survived with her. But it wasn't conducive to the tragic plot of two individuals among thousands of victims.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18715 18716 18717 ... 22632 22633 22634