Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18127 18128 18129 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 16:33:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-25 16:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Troia was the Latin name for the city of Troy no? That has less to do with the design choices made by Square, but kind of keeps in line with their use of mythological/historic names in FF properties, perhaps.
Yes, but the FFIV has some specific themes that make the choice strange..
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 16:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
That's the first one we're getting

Also adding NPC clothes/hairstyle to the mog station so you can look like Minfilia now
Bet we see some Antecedent Minfilias and Minfilia Ascilias running around.
More like ever fem char running around in a bikini and the butt crack skirt
I admit, I'd probably buy it, especially if it could be dyed. Minions come first though, my next purchase will be more minions. I recently bought Minfilia and Yda which only leaves Alisaie on the female side of the Scions unless they add Moenbryda for some reason. Then males and Edvya.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-10-25 17:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Waiwaiwaiwai...

FFXIV has a plot?!?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 17:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Funny

It has a lot of story. people just like to hate on it because it's not 11

Also they never do any sidequests that have a lot of lore
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-25 17:25:21
Link | Citer | R

The lore in XIV is interesting, but the story so far has been mediocre. Which is not unlike XI up to rotz sure, but let's not pretend it's been awesome.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 17:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Waiwaiwaiwai...

FFXIV has a plot?!?
Yeah, you're a girl in high school and you're forced to choose whether to date the hairy kid or the pale kid who is really a pedophile in disguise, not to mention a possessive douchebag.

...I think that's FFXIV.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-25 17:28:20
Link | Citer | R

It can be interesting. I'd argue though XI was largely experimental from the start. the Plot on part has gotten largely better over the years. With ToAU being the major milestone in story-telling.

XIV has had a big brother to look to for story telling <_<; Look how frustrated people got when they started slacking on WoTG releases.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 17:34:23
Link | Citer | R

The story isn't done the same way though, we get an update every 3 months instead of pretty much everything when an expansion comes out
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 17:36:41
Link | Citer | R

I do agree that some of the choices the characters make are pretty stupid
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-25 17:36:58
Link | Citer | R

XI story updates worked the same way, except for a long time it was a story update every 6-8 months rather than 3. An expansion's story never came in one gigantic chunk at release.

XIV's story is full of cliches and plotholes. Expected since they're trying to use storyboards that probably originate from 6+ years ago. That said, story is the least of XIV's problems atm. Really losing my enthusiasm for FF MMOs in general.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-10-25 17:37:47
Link | Citer | R

I find that I don't have the patience to sit through cutscenes while playing MMOs, especially when I'm playing the game with someone else. That was especially the case with XI. My friends and I would run through quests together, and we'd just spam through the scenes. Not because I didn't want to see them, but because they took too long and there was already enough waiting around in that game as there was. Beyond that, what I did see in both games felt tedious and dare I say childish. Maybe that was their demographic. To me, they were just a waste of time.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 17:39:24
Link | Citer | R

I thought the RoZ/CoP/ToAU were at least mostly complete when they were released?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-10-25 17:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Not even close lol. RoZ maybe but NA/EU wouldn't know unless they played JP version. ToAU took almost a full year to complete after release, CoP was still going when ToAU was announced.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 18:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Mag, any early evening cards going on tonight?

Asking for a friend.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-10-25 18:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Not tonight, sir. I'm in and out of writing lesson plans and cleaning house for next week's little soiree. If someone else wants to start one up though, that would be vury nahce.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 18:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Not tonight, sir. I'm in and out of writing lesson plans and cleaning house for next week's little soiree. If someone else wants to start one up though, that would be vury nahce.
Man, come on, tomorrow is Monday, show a movie or something.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-25 18:29:39
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-10-25 19:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Had some delicious slices of Garlic and herb marinated pork roast with potatoes and carrots for dinner.

Life is good.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-10-25 20:22:33
Link | Citer | R

I find that I don't have the patience to sit through cutscenes while playing MMOs, especially when I'm playing the game with someone else. That was especially the case with XI. My friends and I would run through quests together, and we'd just spam through the scenes. Not because I didn't want to see them, but because they took too long and there was already enough waiting around in that game as there was. Beyond that, what I did see in both games felt tedious and dare I say childish. Maybe that was their demographic. To me, they were just a waste of time.
Yeah, the presentation matters. And the medium, too.

I mean, like every other MMO I know of (not a lot, wouldn't call myself a "veteran" MMO player), XIV's cutscenes use emotes/facial expressions and animations from the game, and that works to a certain level. But when you introduce long cutscenes that are supposed to be action-packed and expect them to get my blood pumping..idk, the whole thing looks like a cheap machinima to me lol, and I feel like I should be doing something else.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-10-25 21:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Really losing my enthusiasm for FF MMOs in general.
Yea, I came back for Heavensward and ever since I started working my new job and haven't been playing, I haven't missed it. It really sucks when you play an MMO for hours a day/week/month, and you walk away from the experience of "I'm glad I'm off that".

A game shouldn't be that. I just can't grasp the logic of continuing to play a game if you don't enjoy it. Character progression? That tiny 5% overall improvement after an update? Guess what, if you play a new game, you can get character progression at a much greater pace.

I just think you should play a game because it's fun, not because it's a place to hang out with friends. It seems like MMO developers rely too much on the fact that players will find their own ways to have fun during slow periods, instead of making content for their subscribers who pay a monthly fee to load their game they never will truly own.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-10-25 21:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Random Thought; is it against forum rules to plug an e-book?
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Random Thought. . . How to shamelessly plug my ebook on FFXIAH? Only 3 posts popped up on Topic Search >.>

Not that I know of, but at the same time reading... ugh. Good luck.
 leo
By leo 2015-10-25 22:07:27
Link | Citer | R

FFXIV pottering... heh
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Terrah Crystal 2015-10-25 22:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Only if I get a slice of the action
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 22:19:46
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Really losing my enthusiasm for FF MMOs in general.
Yea, I came back for Heavensward and ever since I started working my new job and haven't been playing, I haven't missed it. It really sucks when you play an MMO for hours a day/week/month, and you walk away from the experience of "I'm glad I'm off that".

A game shouldn't be that. I just can't grasp the logic of continuing to play a game if you don't enjoy it. Character progression? That tiny 5% overall improvement after an update? Guess what, if you play a new game, you can get character progression at a much greater pace.

I just think you should play a game because it's fun, not because it's a place to hang out with friends. It seems like MMO developers rely too much on the fact that players will find their own ways to have fun during slow periods, instead of making content for their subscribers who pay a monthly fee to load their game they never will truly own.
Work picked up for me too. I love playing XIV, what I DON'T like are weekly caps. I feel like Eso gear could be handled much better. For example, add drops to A and S rank hunts. Not only Eso gear but also NM drops that you can only get from that Hunt.

EDIT: To clarify; I got very VERY burnt out doing an annoying routine everyday.

Hunt LSs were fun but not when the mob dies in 10 seconds about the time everyone zones in. I think that Hunt mobs should have higher HP.

A lot of improvements could be made, XIV has this issue where there is this gap of BiS to " meh" because the second best thing is 10-15 ilvs lower leaving you with only two top ilv options to aim for, everyone ends up wearing the same gear. That's why glamours are such a success.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-25 22:23:17
Link | Citer | R

Also, NMs NEED to make a return. Not hunts, NMs. SE can figure out how to make them competitive.
First Page 2 3 ... 18127 18128 18129 ... 22715 22716 22717