Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16571 16572 16573 ... 22714 22715 22716
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 21:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok, by this same token, the teacher I mentioned before, had us "study" (re: watch a movie) the film "Edward Scissorhands", and to take note of as many references and symbols as we could.

There were approximately 78 general references, 49 specified references (Delilah comes to mind), and something like 200+ symbols throughout the entire movie. This teacher picked up only on the narratives to references she found (out of the entire movie, were about 20), and every time she paused the movie, I had to point out additional information she had glossed over, ignored, or happened to be completely ignorant of.

This happened at the beginning of the school year, and for the remainder of it, I was apparently a very "deep thinker". So I told her "It's not deep to say the first thing that comes to mind - it just proves how shallow you are when you sit there with a blank expression for not catching something a student saw"
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-02-18 21:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Leon Kasai said: »
>do expedition
>kill 2 Yian Kut Ku, 1 Nerscylla and 1 Najarala
>get 3 new guild quests
>all 3 are Velocidrome

Kill me now.

On the other hand:
>about to cart to Nerscylla because forgot to stock up on potions
>Yian Kut Ku drops into the area
>does his charge attack where he spits fire everywhere as he goes
>knocks Nerscylla away from me
>flies off out of the area

Bird's pretty cool.

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
just got a kut-kuh scale from a beehive lol
I just got 3 Garuga tails from 1 Yian Garuga. :I
having abd luck on velocidrome repops ;/
Don't you have any Velocidrome guild quests? That's all I did when I needed his parts.
idk never checked

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-18 21:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Ok, by this same token, the teacher I mentioned before, had us "study" (re: watch a movie) the film "Edward Scissorhands", and to take note of as many references and symbols as we could.

There were approximately 78 general references, 49 specified references (Delilah comes to mind), and something like 200+ symbols throughout the entire movie. This teacher picked up only on the narratives to references she found (out of the entire movie, were about 20), and every time she paused the movie, I had to point out additional information she had glossed over, ignored, or happened to be completely ignorant of.

This happened at the beginning of the school year, and for the remainder of it, I was apparently a very "deep thinker". So I told her "It's not deep to say the first thing that comes to mind - it just proves how shallow you are when you sit there with a blank expression for not catching something a student saw"
Okay, that one I can actually relate to. I don't have all day every day to sit there and pore over every last thing I have to present to my class. Maybe in a few years when I have the same curriculum over and over, sure. But especially as a first year teacher, I'm noticing that what I'll do is go online to see if anyone has created a lesson on what I want to teach, tweak it for my particular class, then shove it out the door.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-18 21:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Faelar said: »
If this isn't a Zelda clone, I don't know what is.

YouTube Video Placeholder
They better watch out, if Nintendo sniffs this one out, that could be a huge lawsuit for too many similarities and creating something from a copyright and trademark....

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-18 21:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Okay, Josi. Sometimes I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but this time... that one takes the cake. Explain your gif choice, sir. What does lady Abu have to do with raisins?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 21:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Okay, that one I can actually relate to. I don't have all day every day to sit there and pore over every last thing I have to present to my class. Maybe in a few years when I have the same curriculum over and over, sure. But especially as a first year teacher, I'm noticing that what I'll do is go online to see if anyone has created a lesson on what I want to teach, tweak it for my particular class, then shove it out the door.
And I get that, I really do. However, this wasn't a new curriculum project, and she's been going over this movie with multiple classrooms for a number of years already. She was generally slow on the uptake on quite literally... everything. Constantly marked the correct words wrong, and so forth. Words she had a responsibility to teach us. So, I ended up teaching half the class, since we were separated between "the slow kids" and the "intelligent kids". I must have pissed her off one day, because she stuck me with the slow kids. Although their grades improved quite a lot when they had someone giving them actual educational attention.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 22:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Who released your seal?
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 22:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Washu broke his seal.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-18 22:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
aladdin was just saying how much he loved jasmine and abu started mocking his sentiment

I MOCK YOUR SENTIMENT
Oooohhhhhh... I guess I need to see Alad-

NOPE BIG LEBOWSKI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

And I get that, I really do. However, this wasn't a new curriculum project, and she's been going over this movie with multiple classrooms for a number of years already. She was generally slow on the uptake on quite literally... everything. Constantly marked the correct words wrong, and so forth. Words she had a responsibility to teach us. So, I ended up teaching half the class, since we were separated between "the slow kids" and the "intelligent kids". I must have pissed her off one day, because she stuck me with the slow kids. Although their grades improved quite a lot when they had someone giving them actual educational attention.
That might have been a tactic to get the slow kids to shut up in class. It's also a technique we call "zone of proximal development". In other words, you did exactly what you were put there for. By being around them, somehow they got better. Some may say cheating, but really it's all about influence. No one wants to get shown up. They see how well you're doing and they're going to want to do better just to show that they're not inferior. There's a whole meta-cognitive study on this stuff.
 leo
By leo 2015-02-18 22:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Chu Chu said: »

Hi Sonic !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 22:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Washu broke his seal.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 22:05:57
Link | Citer | R

also: giggity.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 22:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
aladdin was just saying how much he loved jasmine and abu started mocking his sentiment

I MOCK YOUR SENTIMENT
Oooohhhhhh... I guess I need to see Alad-

NOPE BIG LEBOWSKI FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

That might have been a tactic to get the slow kids to shut up in class. It's also a technique we call "zone of proximal development". In other words, you did exactly what you were put there for. By being around them, somehow they got better. Some may say cheating, but really it's all about influence. No one wants to get shown up. They see how well you're doing and they're going to want to do better just to show that they're not inferior. There's a whole meta-cognitive study on this stuff.
They weren't actually slow though. The teacher was just horrible. I'm aware of proximal development as well, and it's a standard that doesn't mesh well when teachers aren't doing their jobs. I mean, there were a couple of other students in that class with higher grades than I had.

Some of the "slow" designated kids were quite bright in creative ways. One guy ended up making a career of restoring old cars (dropped out of school that year) and the others were absolute math and computer wizards. It doesn't help when the curriculum information is presented in such a poor interpretation by the person teaching the class. It was even pointed out by the administration board after being given a review halfway through the year.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 22:10:59
Link | Citer | R

I've been spoiled by a few professors who teach similar to my method of learning close enough to where I absorb the information, or at least enough of it to pass the class easily with a A/B usually (one C on record with the one, but to be fair, I should have failed).

Unfortunately the rest of the courses I need until I transfer I won't learn anything from, as it's mundane general ed ***, and that's if I'm lucky enough to not have to finish the foreign language requirements.

I have like 7~ more classes after this semester, I need to sit down soon and plan out how I'm going to finish them off, as the one is a prereq to another, and another is only available in the fall, and another is as well (usually), so I'll have to plan carefully. I don't want to take anything but the one class in the fall at that time, so I can focus on it, as it's a time intensive course.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-18 22:11:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-18 22:16:01
Link | Citer | R

I want a hedgehog now
By Jetackuu 2015-02-18 22:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I want a hedgehog now
@1:23

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-02-18 22:42:00
Link | Citer | R

The end is the best lol
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-18 22:42:09
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

Who released your seal?
game is actually inspired by Windwaker

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-18 23:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Josi.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-18 23:20:45
Link | Citer | R

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-02-18 23:22:55
Link | Citer | R

should come back to vanadiel Jet and get that whm all badass. even stuff like this you can get with just 3 people, don't have to shout for 6-18 or anything. And apparently they are adding new augment slots to these weapons in ~10 mins with the version update

what does that club look like?
First Page 2 3 ... 16571 16572 16573 ... 22714 22715 22716