Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16522 16523 16524 ... 22715 22716 22717
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-02-13 08:42:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm spending more time customizing my Felyne than I did customizing my actual character...
Serveur: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-13 08:43:18
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 08:50:04
Link | Citer | R

I have a puzzle event running in a Steam Group I mod for and people are having trouble figuring it out. Below are the hints I have given on the puzzle itself...I feel like I'm basically handing the answer over.

Can you guys figure it out? Is it really that hard? ANd there is no "Cannot use Google" rule.

*It started on the Super Nintendo (SNES).
*It debuted in the United States in 1993.
*There are currently 8 entries in the series.
*The last 3 are not considered canon in the game's storyline.
By Artemicion 2015-02-13 08:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Is RAID-0 worth doing on two SSDs on the SATA3 platform?
By Artemicion 2015-02-13 08:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Darkalenia said: »
Tell me if you guys have any problem figuring out these hints for a puzzle answer. I feel like I'm basically handing the answer over but people are having trouble figuring it out.

Star fox? IDK, I know the franchise has gone through some...silly adaptations of late.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 08:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Tell me if you guys have any problem figuring out these hints for a puzzle answer. I feel like I'm basically handing the answer over but people are having trouble figuring it out.

Star fox? IDK, I know the franchise has gone through some...silly adaptations of late.

You're on the right track, but Star Fox isn't it.

Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-13 09:02:19
Link | Citer | R

It's probably Secret of Mana, but I couldn't come up with it right off the top of my head.

The biggest problem with the hints to me is you switch between talking about the series as a whole to talking about a singular game without much warning.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Well it isn't Megaman X

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
It's probably Secret of Mana, but I couldn't come up with it right off the top of my head.
Can't be that either as that is a sequel.
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 09:09:19
Link | Citer | R

It's actually Mega Man X!

The answer is found easily with Google (there is no "cant use Google" rule) with just 2 of the hints, as seen below, and users have unlimited guesses.

Using the other hints narrows it down further.

Mega Man X was released on the SNES in 1993. There are 8 entries: X, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, and X8.
Command Mission was a spin-off using X characters, and is not considered a "main" entry into the series.

X6 and onward are not considered canon by Inafune, because he stopped Mega Man X at X5, but Capcom continued onward with X6/X7/X8. The secret ending of X5 was a setup for Mega Man Zero, and because Capcom made X6 and onward, Inafune had to retcon a lot of things in Mega Man Zero to line things up again.

Though it can be argued (and some people consider this true) that the different endings of X5 each setup Mega Man Zero/ZX, and X6 onward separately.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:12:44
Link | Citer | R

Megaman X has 11 games though. 10 if you don't include Command Mission.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-02-13 09:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Once again, after a few good visits, I am mad at my local gamestop again.

Last time I was there I asked 2 questions. Can I pre-order the Shulk Amiibo? Do I need to pre-order the MH4 edition new 3DS?

Answer to both was NO.

Looking online today and see that everyone is in a tizzy saying Shulk pre-orders ran out.... wait I thought this wasn't something you could pre-order... wtf? Also called in to my local gamestop about the MH4 New 3ds.... guess what our store didn't get any because they didn't get any pre-orders....
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 09:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Megaman X has 11 games though. 10 if you don't include Command Mission.

Command Mission, Xtreme, and Xtreme 2 are spinoffs.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-13 09:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

Last time I was there I asked 2 questions. Can I pre-order the Shulk Amiibo? Do I need to pre-order the MH4 edition new 3DS?

Answer to both was NO.

Looking online today and see that everyone is in a tizzy saying Shulk pre-orders ran out.... wait I thought this wasn't something you could pre-order... wtf? Also called in to my local gamestop about the MH4 New 3ds.... guess what our store didn't get any because they didn't get any pre-orders....
Sometimes it's better to just drive to the next country to one of their Gamestops. Though the closest one to me was pretty good last time I was in there.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-13 09:15:56
Link | Citer | R

Well it isn't Megaman X

Can't be that either as that is a sequel.
It was never said it couldn't be a sequel, and technically it was the first game of the series that debuted with the Mana name in the US, same year and same console, the last 3 (for consoles), made during the World Of Mana event have been said to possibly take place in different universes than the original games which could be taken as being noncanon.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Shulk/Meta Knight/Rosalina/Lucario all sold out in minutes after becoming available for pre-order. The LoZ Majoras Mask 3DS took 1 hour. The MH4U 3DS took 1 day.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-13 09:17:15
Link | Citer | R

This sums up Valentine's day for me, every year.

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-13 09:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »

Answer to both was NO.

Didn't MH4 DSs run out within 24 hours of their announcement?
And Amiibos have been preordered(and incredibly quickly sold out) from the get go. I don't see a whole lot of blame going on GameStop for this one.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-13 09:19:06
Link | Citer | R

I actually have a date with a petite little brunette tomorrow.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-13 09:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Let the poor girl out of the trunk. :<
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-13 09:20:04
Link | Citer | R

I have a date with my job. :/
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-02-13 09:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Geez, I really wanted to hop onto the amiibo bandwagon at first, but the level of frenzy the nintendo community has shown over it has certainly subsided my interest curb fast :/

Sure as hell am not paying any more than $20 for my favorite characters, no matter how quick they sell out or how rare they are.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:22:27
Link | Citer | R

I have a date with death.

Look those little sickles even make a somewhat heart shape!
 leo
By leo 2015-02-13 09:22:33
Link | Citer | R

I have a date with my job. :/

/comfort
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-13 09:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Let the poor girl out of the trunk. :<

I'll be playing Pokemon tomorrow.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Geez, I really wanted to hop onto the amiibo bandwagon at first, but the level of frenzy the nintendo community has shown over it has certainly subsided my interest curb fast :/

Sure as hell am not paying any more than $20 for my favorite characters, no matter how quick they sell out or how rare they are.
You can order most of them from either the UK or Japan for under 20 bucks.
By Artemicion 2015-02-13 09:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Region free I hope. Nintendo and region lock have been hand in hand for generations after all.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-13 09:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Region free I hope. Nintendo and region lock have been hand in hand for generations after all.
Yep they are Region free. My Pit is from Japan lol
By Bloodrose 2015-02-13 09:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I didn't miss it, it's besides the point as the term you used isn't the correct one for what you were referencing in the first place.

You're being obtuse at this point just to argue, instead of just admitting that you used the wrong term.

The reason it's the wrong term is because outside of your home an arrangement of parts is used to provide and regulate power from the power plant to the sub stations, to the neighborhoods (power box in the US) and then to the individual buildings or groups, but buildings usually have their own meter (where the power also comes in).

Obviously there's other complications to this, especially in multi tenant buildings with submetering and the like, but hey.

Circuit breakers are almost always a term referencing the devices in your fuse box, while there are ones that exist outside of that, most wouldn't be able to distinguish them from the other electronic equipment used to regulate power.

Somebody probably just knocked out your transformer, or a higher up transformer which both sets were branched off.

tl;dr the word you were looking for is transformer, and the only "circuit breaker" having to deal with residential buildings is way too small to just have one for a whole building.
Yeah... nice try, but I *did* in fact, admit I had used it incorrectly. But since you can't read, or seem to only read what you want to believe...

And no, it really doesn't invalidate what I was saying about circuit breakers, or switchgears, as it applies, considering your entire argument revolved around the circuit breakers of the smallest sizes - which had shown just how *** ignorant and wrong you were.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-13 09:27:33
Link | Citer | R

May looks like she has Albinism in that pic, aside from the brown hair.

That one kept breaking.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-02-13 09:29:28
Link | Citer | R

I feel like the forums need more chill pills... Maybe alcohol.

This week feels too angry.
First Page 2 3 ... 16522 16523 16524 ... 22715 22716 22717