Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16506 16507 16508 ... 22716 22717 22718

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-12 00:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Jetackuu said: »
i7-5960X
lol yeah, not spending over a grand on a cpu, that's nuts in a desktop.
what did you expected the price was when I said 8 cores you nerd; not like you can just buy something 8 core for 200 bucks : p
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007671%20600213784

Invalidated.

"Cores" kinda like frequency these days doesn't really mean much until the numbers are crunched, hence why I look at the benchmark scores, not the marketing gimmicks.

I have a 3570k in my computer and the only time I push it is either overusing z7ip or running too many vms at once, the rest of the time it's like a sports car in a traffic jam, all that power and nowhere to go.

I kinda wish I had spent the extra $100 for the 3770k though, just cuz.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-12 00:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
no CPU/GPU combination will be able to do all of that at maximum speed.
really? thats the state of technology right now? /grumble
video encoding is intensive, you could build a workstation computer to (maybe) do it, but you'd be spending even more money ridiculously.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-12 00:51:19
Link | Citer | R

With the way video rendering works it will always seek to utilize 100% of your system's resources to accomplish its task. There won't be resources left to run two games at 100% speed. Doesnt matter how old they are
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2015-02-12 01:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
i7-5960X
lol yeah, not spending over a grand on a cpu, that's nuts in a desktop.
what did you expected the price was when I said 8 cores you nerd; not like you can just buy something 8 core for 200 bucks : p
You can. :p

Edit: I'm slow tonight, I should be in bed.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-02-12 01:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Odin.Minefield said: »
SO WHO WANTS TO WATCH SAKURA SPIRIT?

LOL isn't there like only one choice in the entire game? :p Your 'gaming' experience is mostly pressing ENTER and making fun of the images in a funny voice, while getting down to the OST? :p
I made Serj laugh his *** off, gotta mix it up with some stupid *** commentary in the midst.

Gonne be streaming it then Sakura Angels after it, I promise you it's a good watch! :D

JUST GOTTA MAKE SURE TO FRIEND ME ON STEAM BECAUSE *** CREEPERS, I had like 6 people watching me play Dying Light and I thought I had friends only.

I didn't mind it, but we were being stupid
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-12 01:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Jet you use a SSD for OS right?
On my desktop, yar. Why?

I've seen a difference in boot up speeds using the same model/build of OS at work though, as for operating speeds, probably not as big of a difference unless one is reading/writing to the disk a lot, which I don't do much of anymore.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2015-02-12 01:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Gonna leave with this:

Wolfpack represent <_<
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-12 01:34:30
Link | Citer | R

SSD is one of the upgrades I strongly urge most people make for as many parts of their system as they can. OS drive for sure, cuts boot speed and load times for whatever programs you put on it. Having a bigger one (256-512GB SSDs aren't very expensive anymore) for games is also nice; ones with long load times and lots of disk access for textures and whatnot will see a pretty dramatic improvement. FFXIV benefits, your hunt efficiency will increase 16 fold!
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2015-02-12 02:09:35
Link | Citer | R

To whomever invited me, and you Proth, I usually play later in the night. I'm off Fri-Sun, so expect me to finish Sakura around there c:

Angel might be down the road when I get more money!
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-12 03:27:04
Link | Citer | R

So leveling up my Bowser Amiibo myself rather then just letting the Amiibos train each other. Fighting on Random stages for this. Noticing so much stuff I haven't before.

The Pokemon League stage for example.
The Fire Stage Hohou can appear and make the fire pillars giant along with 2 additional ones from off stage.
The Steel Stage the swords can be pushed in to spawn a pool of liquid steel to coat your fighter in.
The Dragon Stage some times Rayquaza will show up and attack the players by dashing through the screen.
The Water Stage has Phione(? not sure on this) appear and turn the main platform into a whirlpool to suck fighters to the bottom of the screen.

Also the Ms. Pacman stage sucks.

May have possibly created a monster >_> Bowser is strong. Maybe Champion dethroning strong.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-12 05:40:56
Link | Citer | R

*grumbling intensifies*
By Fyyvoaa 2015-02-12 05:42:17
Link | Citer | R

I haven't been charged for my laptop yet.

it shipped two days ago :|
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 06:50:29
Link | Citer | R

How annoying, suddenly the definite date for when tickets go on sale has changed from 2/13/15 to "Coming soon!"

I'm starting to get better at having self control and being slightly more frugal with my money, but god dammit! It's very testing to have $700 at my disposal.
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-12 06:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
SO WHO WANTS TO WATCH SAKURA SPIRIT?

LOL isn't there like only one choice in the entire game? :p Your 'gaming' experience is mostly pressing ENTER and making fun of the images in a funny voice, while getting down to the OST? :p
I made Serj laugh his *** off, gotta mix it up with some stupid *** commentary in the midst.

Gonne be streaming it then Sakura Angels after it, I promise you it's a good watch! :D

JUST GOTTA MAKE SURE TO FRIEND ME ON STEAM BECAUSE *** CREEPERS, I had like 6 people watching me play Dying Light and I thought I had friends only.

I didn't mind it, but we were being stupid

WE MUST DROPKICK ALL THE THINGS!
And serj scared all those viewers away anyhow!
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-12 07:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Gotten to the point I can't beat my Bowser Amiibo all the time. I created a pink haired monster.
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 07:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Gotten to the point I can't beat my Bowser Amiibo all the time. I created a pink haired monster.

Okay so humor me for a second.
Amiibos are simply figurines that introduce bits of content in applicable/compatible games? In regards to Smash Bros, what exactly do they offer other than being an AI opponent or ally?
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-02-12 07:20:52
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »

Amiibos are simply figurines that introduce bits of content in applicable/compatible games? In regards to Smash Bros, what exactly do they offer other than being an AI opponent or ally?
That's actually it. Just you can train them and make them smarter and stronger then the normal AI.

It's kinda like Pokemon with a real life price and collectable. Also no animal abuse lol.
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 07:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Someone please deliver me from this terrible, terrible temptation...
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 07:43:44
Link | Citer | R

just get the keyboard cause ooo pretty colors lol.
I've been wanting one of those but I have too many keyboards already that work just fine.
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-02-12 07:44:14
Link | Citer | R

If you have spare money to burn, sure... Why not ? Make Intel richer and make the economy wheels spin.

You happen to know what CPUs are made of, right ?

Sand. (Si) And by what I know sand is one of the most common things on the world...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-12 07:45:35
Link | Citer | R

That's actually it. Just you can train them and make them smarter and stronger then the normal AI.

It's kinda like Pokemon with a real life price and collectable. Also no animal abuse lol.
Somebody played the PETA version of Pokemon, didn't they?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-12 07:45:45
Link | Citer | R

leo said: »

If you have spare money to burn, sure... Why not ? Make Intel richer and make the economy wheels spin.
cmon be practical though, is it really going to increase your productivity or make a huge improvement in your gaming experience?
Or is it just a consumeristic impulse buy that will make you feel good for a short time?
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 07:50:22
Link | Citer | R

leo said: »

You happen to know what CPUs are made of, right ?

Sand. (Si) And by what I know sand is one of the most common things on the world...

I could look into the shitty ethics and economic stronghold of Intel and make a decision based on that, but frankly I lean a lot more towards performance incentives than political ones. After all, I have a Z97 board, so why would I purchase something incompatible? Also until more games become multi-threaded in their processing instructions, I'm likely to stick with Intel's highly efficient cores, at least until AMD decides to retire their AM3 line and work on a new architecture instead of funneling everything into their APUs.

I couldn't help but chuckle to myself when AMD had their half-assed FX refresh line.
Serveur: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-02-12 07:50:36
Link | Citer | R

I know that temptation, been thinking of getting another 980, but i'd probably have to get a new psu and mobo.
And I don't know if having 2 acx 2.0 cards would be a good idea. Figure one would just blow all it's heat onto the other one.

I wanted the reference card cause it looks sexy but evga had a recall on them when I ordered :/
By Artemicion 2015-02-12 07:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, if I went SLI, I'd set some money aside and look into running a water cooling block on each GPU as air cooling is extremely ineffective when you introduce the massive static pressure of shoving two or more cards so close to each other.
First Page 2 3 ... 16506 16507 16508 ... 22716 22717 22718