Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16152 16153 16154 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-01-05 15:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Can we get a reboot of Growlanser, those were pretty sick back in the day.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2015-01-05 15:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Kalila said: »

20 dollars a month to play PS3 games on your PS4 and/or Vita.

Yea.... not for that price :|
Why would anyone who has a PS3 pay $20/month to play games they already own? I don't get what the marketing strategy is there.

With that system they own the game and the game system playing it (it's a remote server with a custom PS3 which you control using remote play) they have absolute control over where, how and when you play the games. That is a sort of "test" of a possible future of subscription based service which if successful has potential to replace the current retail model and put an end on piracy/copyright violations. (lol I don't think that will ever work but that's me)
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-01-05 15:49:24
Link | Citer | R

So.. Persona games or no? >.>
I haven't played them myself, D hasn't either but he said he's always wanted to but never did.
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is on PSN. As is Persona 3 FES and Persona 4.

Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin got PSP remakes. Persona 3 got a PSP port with added female MC, but with cut scenes stripped from the game.

If you want the really dark SMT games though, Digital Devil Saga I and II along with Nocturne are on PSN.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 15:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

20 dollars a month to play PS3 games on your PS4 and/or Vita.

Yea.... not for that price :|
Why would anyone who has a PS3 pay $20/month to play games they already own? I don't get what the marketing strategy is there.

With that system they own the game and the game system playing it (it's a remote server with a custom PS3 which you control using remote play) they have absolute control over where, how and when you play the games. That is a sort of "test" of a possible future of subscription based service which if successful has potential to replace the current retail model and put an end on piracy/copyright violations. (lol I don't think that will ever work but that's me)
I'd have to agree. I don't know why anyone who isn't getting paid to review the service would even use it. Let's look at this in a way a few of us can relate to; some of us will buy a game and perhaps I won't finish it for months, and some may not even open it for months, anyway PS3 game is roughly $40-$60. Let's use $60 here. I pay $60 and start a file on a game then move on, maybe my interests shift or work gets more active, so 6 months go by and I start to play that game again. This happens a lot for me, I'm casual, it's how I play.

Now let's say I subscribe, choose a game and start my file, same situation. I'd have to pay $120, twice the amount of my one-time purchase price. Common sense, for my way of gaming, tells me it'd be stupid to use the service. I'm not sure why everyone is so up-in-arms about used games, I don't really buy many used games out of fear I'll get a scratched disc or something and I like having the case which Gamestop sometimes does not have. The latter reason is the reason I stopped buying 3/DS games from Gamestop entirely; they no longer require cases.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 15:55:03
Link | Citer | R

I haven't played them myself, D hasn't either but he said he's always wanted to but never did.
They are games that actually make me wish I were social. Playing Persona Q atm. That and Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, kinda switching off while waiting for PS4 games I'm interested in, like Type-0 HD.
 Bahamut.Greebo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: greebo
By Bahamut.Greebo 2015-01-05 15:55:54
Link | Citer | R

SMT: Nocturne is probably one of my favorite JPRG's, period. It explores a lot of aspects of the human psyche, not to mention the varying paths depending on which side, if any, you support during the course of the game.

Persona 2 IS and EP are also excellent games. I honestly prefer them over the dumbed down combat & half-*** dating sim that the series turned into with 3 & 4. I still enjoyed 3 & 4, but not nearly as much as the others.

DDS (Digital Devil Saga) is a pretty fun series as well.

Was there ever official English versions of Persona 2 IS & EP that would let you import your save data between games? (IS -> EP)
By Bloodrose 2015-01-05 15:57:10
Link | Citer | R

I got some pretty high potential Swablus in my AS version.

I'm a little twitchy about the potential thing, so I name every pokemon I catch, that has a 3 star or higher rating (higher being noted by the exclamation mark, but how much higher is random)
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 15:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is on PSN. As is Persona 3 FES and Persona 4.

Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin got PSP remakes. Persona 3 got a PSP port with added female MC, but with cut scenes stripped from the game.

If you want the really dark SMT games though, Digital Devil Saga I and II along with Nocturne are on PSN.
I've only played P3 Portable of the main series, but seriously considering P4 after watching the Anime. I played as the male MC first and last time I played was playing as *points to avatar* the female MC.

EDIT: Btw, Person 3 Portable lacks playing fields; what I mean is, you are shown a map with markers and NPCs rather than being able to walk around. I really like the option to play as a female, that's probably why I never played P4 but in the anime, the P4 MC, Yu, is one of my favorite characters.
By Artemicion 2015-01-05 16:00:19
Link | Citer | R

I almost find it insulting that Sony would try and guise re-selling your previously purchased (and currently unplayable outside it's intended platform) games as some exclusive service. Frankly that kind of "service" should be standard with their PS+ thing considering they're essentially charging you for the privilege of using their servers.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-05 16:01:03
Link | Citer | R

So... Doing what Xbox has been doing from the start?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 16:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
I almost find it insulting that Sony would try and guise re-selling your previously purchased (and currently unplayable outside it's intended platform) games as some exclusive service. Frankly that kind of "service" should be standard with their PS+ thing considering they're essentially charging you for the privilege of using their servers.
They should've just made a backwards compatible version of the PS4 and priced it accordingly.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-05 16:03:05
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-05 16:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
wtf, Taurus is in Capricorn's place for 2015?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-01-05 16:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Persona 3/4 didn't dumb down the combat. They're pretty much completely identical to DDS and Nocturne's combat system.

Persona 1 and 2 weren't hard so much as they were clunky. Arcana Card acquisition could get REALLY annoying and tedious. Nocturne has a similar system, but you got immediate rewards for playing nice with the demons.

Dating sim was half assed, I guess. More character development overall though.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-05 16:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Do not argue with the stars.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-05 16:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I love the quote at the bottom though, "The mad daughter of a wise mother"
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-01-05 16:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Greebo said: »
Was there ever official English versions of Persona 2 IS & EP that would let you import your save data between games? (IS -> EP)
Nope.

Eternal Punishment was the only of the pair to get officially localized until Innocent was remade for PSP nearly a decade later.

Not that such a system would make much sense. Only one character ends up mostly permanently on your team in both games.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 16:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
I got some pretty high potential Swablus in my AS version.

I'm a little twitchy about the potential thing, so I name every pokemon I catch, that has a 3 star or higher rating (higher being noted by the exclamation mark, but how much higher is random)
I name mine either after mythical figures or as pop-culture references, like I always have a female Vulpix/Ninetales named Kitsune, usually a female Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite named Tiamat, a male Riolu/Lucario named for Anubis' likeness, and various others.

I usually have a female Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir named Celeste, mainly because I find the name pretty.

I put a bit of thought into many of my Pokemon's names.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 16:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Persona 3/4 didn't dumb down the combat. They're pretty much completely identical to DDS and Nocturne's combat system.

Persona 1 and 2 weren't hard so much as they were clunky. Arcana Card acquisition could get REALLY annoying and tedious. Nocturne has a similar system, but you got immediate rewards for playing nice with the demons.

Dating sim was half assed, I guess. More character development overall though.
Oh, also, in P3 as male I dated Fuuka, I found her shyness to be charming as opposed to Yukari's loud personality and Mitsuru's Ms. Perfect act. I don't date as female, unless you consider Elizabeth but that's much different.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-01-05 16:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Ohji Lunartail said: »
Now all ya have to do leon is figure out where every city/town/outpost/dungeon/area goes on that map
Nope, because the first game only takes place here.

So I only need the locations for those islands.

Of course, there's still one major city and at least 3 other towns on that large one alone, before even thinking about the areas between them and all the dungeons and ruins and ***.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-05 16:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Can fit like 15 games then
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-05 16:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Should call a nation Europia.

That's where Josiah thinks we're from.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-05 16:22:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-05 16:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Oh, I wish I only knew..
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-05 16:23:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-05 16:29:33
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-05 16:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Unfortunately, you can't make that level of stupid up.
First Page 2 3 ... 16152 16153 16154 ... 22713 22714 22715