Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16111 16112 16113 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Fenrir.Mariane
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2015-01-02 19:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Scary Comic.

Friend sent me this was in the middle of a dungeon. Glad I waited till I finished. I had headphones on ; ;

A lot of Korean stuff is neat! Thanks for the link.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 19:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Korean webtoons > manga these days :| Too much control from the editors or w/e and too much ecchi garbage in Japan
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-01-02 19:35:36
Link | Citer | R

I haven't been able to enjoy any anime recently really, they just ruined it for me honestly.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-02 19:36:10
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
I haven't been able to enjoy any anime recently really, they just ruined it for me honestly.
Who's they?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-02 19:38:13
Link | Citer | R

I think Bleach ruined anime/manga forever for me.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-01-02 19:39:13
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Who's they?
they = anime creators
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-02 19:42:34
Link | Citer | R

http://www.twitch.tv/spathaian

monster hunter crazyness
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 19:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Give some webtoons a try then
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-01-02 19:44:01
Link | Citer | R

By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 19:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Watch the Neurotically Yours series, o read Girls with Slingshots, or Questionable Content.

Girls With Slingshots has a talking Mexican Cactus with an Irish Accents
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-01-02 19:46:14
Link | Citer | R

oh spath. info on Durarara!! 2
Quote:
It is set to air in three different cours, each lasting 13 episodes. The first cour is scheduled to begin broadcasting in January, 2015 with title Durarara!!x2“承” (Shou), the second cour in July, 2015 with title Durarara!!x2“転” (Ten) and the third cour in January, 2016 with title Durarara!!x2“結” (Ketsu).

Durarara!!x2“承” (Shou) will start Jan 10th

so 39 ep for it :3
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 19:46:19
Link | Citer | R

All the ecchi and very boring characters they have (same characters with different names in each *** anime/manga these days) ruin it for me. They recycle stories too and don't put any effort into building the world, it always feels bland. Even very small things can have a big impact on the reader, for example how they greet people or what the architecture is like.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-02 19:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Aldnoah Zero soon :D /hype
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 19:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Watch the Neurotically Yours series, o read Girls with Slingshots, or Questionable Content.

Girls With Slingshots has a talking Mexican Cactus with an Irish Accents

Just in case you don't know, webtoons are drawn like manga but in full color and in a long strip format and done mostly by amateurs so they only get paid if it's popular but they rarely cancel stuff. They get to take time off for their health too (Tower of God guy took a very long time off and then resumed) and I've only heard of one webtoon being canceled

By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 19:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I know what webtoons are.

What I mentioned were more webcomics, although Neurotically Yours is a webtoon.

The point is that they are worth reading and watching.

Edit: The same thing about taking time off still applies to those artists, as well as the sole proprietorship of those who own the complete rights to their webtoons that you mentioned.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-02 19:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Who's they?
they = anime creators
Oh, yeah. A lot of fanservice. Though I watch a lot of girly anime. >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2015-01-02 19:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
All the ecchi and very boring characters they have (same characters with different names in each *** anime/manga these days) ruin it for me. They recycle stories too and don't put any effort into building the world, it always feels bland. Even very small things can have a big impact on the reader, for example how they greet people or what the architecture is like.
This.

I like an original or interesting story, where it's obvious the creator put time into building the world for the story. It's effort and thought like this that lets me forgive, slightly, the issues I have with anime. Fanservice can kill any good anime for me but as long as the story is good I'll stick with it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 19:57:40
Link | Citer | R

You'll find that more in things you read than in anime since it's a lot more expensive to make an anime and they need something that WILL sell or it's not worth doing.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-02 19:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Spath doesn't know what Mr. Pinchy is?!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-02 20:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Haruhi Suzumiya wasn't too bad..but Endless Eight...fml
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 20:02:22
Link | Citer | R

I once read a quote that targeted both audiences:

"Sex sells. It doesn't matter if it's to men, women, girls, or boys. The point of the issue is to draw in the reader with something visually appealing to the target audience. This can be done with simple wordplay or images, but the result is the same - people are curious about sex, sexuality, and sexualization, and will buy into it, regardless of what they know about the author, the story, or the material being presented. It's meant to be used as more of a gateway than anything else. Selling the idea of sex, isn't about sex at all, it's about marketing to new readers, fans, and yes, even critics"
VIP
By Kalila 2015-01-02 20:03:23
Link | Citer | R

You'll find that more in things you read than in anime since it's a lot more expensive to make an anime and they need something that WILL sell or it's not worth doing.
Just really makes me not want to watch any of it. I like seeing a story animated, but not when they ruin it by messing up characters to make them look attractive / sexy / or w/e.

I like characters that are strong characters not because of what they look like but what they stand for and try to accomplish, whether they succeed or not.

If only that sold a show instead of showing more boobs, short outfits, making them completely helpless and having to rely on someone, then creating a love connection because of it.

It's just dull.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 20:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Webcomics tend to be 4-5 panels and it's done until the next one though, it's a bit different.

They're not really like manga/manhwa/manhua where the story continues in each chapter.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 20:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I liked A Certain Magical Index, and A Certain Scientific Railgun - while they had elements of fan service, it wasn't a prevalent part of the story, very minor. It was for all intended purposes, entertaining.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-02 20:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Just really makes me not want to watch any of it. I like seeing a story animated, but not when they ruin it by messing up characters to make them look attractive / sexy / or w/e.

I like characters that are strong characters not because of what they look like but what they stand for and try to accomplish, whether they succeed or not.

If only that sold a show instead of showing more boobs, short outfits, making them completely helpless and having to rely on someone, then creating a love connection because of it.

It's just dull.
Well... They made Rukia look boyish in later seasons. She wasn't over-sexualized at all, I don't think.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 20:06:07
Link | Citer | R

That's where Orihime and Rangiku come in.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-01-02 20:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Rangiku, Orihime, and every one else was though
By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 20:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Eh, Soifon was pretty boyish though.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-01-02 20:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Personally, I liked A Certain Magical Index, and A Certain Scientific Railgun - while they had elements of fan service, it wasn't a prevalent part of the story, very minor. It was for all intended purposes, entertaining.

The light novels are great. Not sure about the Railgun ones though. Index has just started to be released in the US though so all of the first 1/2 have been taken down off Baka Tsuki.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-02 20:08:20
Link | Citer | R

The Railgun stories are side stories to the Index stories.

Also, they are releasing both Index II and Railgun S in Canada (parts 1 and 2) fairly soon. Index II Part 1 and Railgun S part 1 are out, but I like the complete sets.
First Page 2 3 ... 16111 16112 16113 ... 22712 22713 22714