Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16073 16074 16075 ... 22710 22711 22712
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-30 17:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
That speech would mean a lot more coming from someone who doesn't cross the line into inappropriate as often as you do Kojo.
Unless I'm reading it wrong it's more about we can't make inappropriate comments then complain about it being made by other people... Like after my teaching you all about duck *** I can't complain if someone sends me a video of a turtle masturbaiting.
I think you're right. But saying in general "stop being hypocritical" is not a moderator's role here.
Hes probably been getting complaints about it so is stating it openly for the record... I always figured it was a given and I have gotten some interesting PMs but I'm sure not everyone makes that assumption
To respond to this, there are quite a few people who have left RT due to these conversations and we DO get quite a few reports.

EDIT: On the flipside, there are also a few who post here simply because of those conversations, likewise with Chat.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-30 17:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
That speech would mean a lot more coming from someone who doesn't cross the line into inappropriate as often as you do Kojo.
Unless I'm reading it wrong it's more about we can't make inappropriate comments then complain about it being made by other people... Like after my teaching you all about duck *** I can't complain if someone sends me a video of a turtle masturbaiting.
It's basically Seha pissed off about KN always throwing sexy time comments at her lol...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-12-30 17:45:58
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Artemicion 2014-12-30 17:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Are you using G or N? and it sounds like you're having interference or AP/cards are having issues.

My folks are still using a POS G router from belkin that's like 900 years old. Hopefully I can remedy this soon. Any suggestions to a decent N or AC router?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-30 17:56:38
Link | Citer | R

***, ***, and more bitching.

Seems that's randomly on everyone's minds lately.

Well, I'm going to rant about how awkward it is to type on this dinky *** keyboard that I have on this laptop. Firstly, the backspace button is too far in the upper-right hand corner smack dab next to the flipping wifi button so whenever I play an online game and for the love of helix, I make a mistake and I quickly take my pinky and hit the backspace but also hit the wifi, BOOM! wifi is cut and game lags out of it's connection. After the FUUUUU moment, I proceed to beat up my cat and then stub my toe on my fireproof portable safe that is sitting in the middle of my room because I don't give a ***to clean and then my gf tends to my foot and then randomly starts tickled my foot and go off and stub the same *** toe on my safe again, crawling back into bed after punishing my safe while I fill my bathtub up with water and drown that *** under some water because it's fireproof is a testament of my torturous way. After rolling over, I realize I rolled in cat puke and poop.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2014-12-30 18:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Josiahfk said: »
Artemicion said: »
Are you using G or N? and it sounds like you're having interference or AP/cards are having issues.

My folks are still using a POS G router from belkin that's like 900 years old. Hopefully I can remedy this soon. Any suggestions to a decent N or AC router?
I try to stick with D-link routers, each belkin and Cisco or linksys I've owned has let me down.

I don't even really know who is top of the food chain when it comes to networking anymore. I just picked up a well reviewed Netgear router for myself and called it a day. Been working out fairly well even if my 5Ghz band has meh range.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-30 18:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Takes me forever to type with a touchscreen phone, I enjoyed typing with my normal number pad before that :| Was a lot faster
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-12-30 18:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Asus makes nice routers.
I dont like Belkin.
D-link, Asus and Netgear have worked fine for me.
usually replace a router every 2~4 yrs
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-30 18:09:09
Link | Citer | R

ASUS RT-N66R best router i've ever had. automatic DNS flushing and error correction, I haven't had to reset it a single time in a year and a half.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-30 18:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
***, ***, and more bitching.

Seems that's randomly on everyone's minds lately.

Well, I'm going to rant about how awkward it is to type on this dinky *** keyboard that I have on this laptop. Firstly, the backspace button is too far in the upper-right hand corner smack dab next to the flipping wifi button so whenever I play an online game and for the love of helix, I make a mistake and I quickly take my pinky and hit the backspace but also hit the wifi, BOOM! wifi is cut and game lags out of it's connection. After the FUUUUU moment, I proceed to beat up my cat and then stub my toe on my fireproof portable safe that is sitting in the middle of my room because I don't give a ***to clean and then my gf tends to my foot and then randomly starts tickled my foot and go off and stub the same *** toe on my safe again, crawling back into bed after punishing my safe while I fill my bathtub up with water and drown that *** under some water because it's fireproof is a testament of my torturous way. After rolling over, I realize I rolled in cat puke and poop.

Is your wifi button on a function key? If so, you can usually switch the order of either the F1-12 working or the alternatives working with the press of the key, mine came with the features working without Fn being pressed, I changed it in the bios as I found that annoying.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-30 18:20:57
Link | Citer | R

It is it's own button.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-12-30 18:21:55
Link | Citer | R

After rolling over, I realize I rolled in cat puke and poop.
There is a remedy to that last part.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-12-30 18:22:06
Link | Citer | R

As for routers:

eww dlink, and eww belkin.

There's some good and bad routers of each brand, but between the old WRT54GS that's upstairs that's been running for about a decade (needs replaced I'm pretty sure a few caps are bulging in it and I don't feel like replacing them), it needs reset every now and again, and once in awhile it does a factory reset on it's own, which fortunately I have the settings file backed up, also have Tomato running on it.

I personally cascade routers, and mine is a E3000 with Tomato, I *** love that thing, aside from the power flickers or moving it, I never have to touch it.

Another note: depending on the house you live in and the distance you cover, there's advantages to 2.4 over 5.0 ghz signals.

IIRC AC is 5ghz only, while N can be either, so a dualband N could effectively give you the best signal (range, handles low interference and can handle thicker walls).

Basically 2.4 can be more prone to interference, and a lot of things run on that range, but it has a longer distance, and can go through solid objects easier.

Which sounds like more of the issue than the straight throughput, or just a bad AP/router, and or how many devices are on it. Could run a few network tests to see what the issue is, or if it's something else.

I usually test by streaming from a wired device on the same network, with no real tools but it narrows down what the issues could be.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-30 18:23:17
Link | Citer | R

It is it's own button.
While normally I prefer such things, but I can see how that's annoying.

Most of the one's I've seen where it's stand-alone is a switch on the side, which isn't too bad.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-12-30 18:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiori Sakurai said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-30 18:27:04
Link | Citer | R

It is it's own button.
While normally I prefer such things, but I can see how that's annoying.

Most of the one's I've seen where it's stand-alone is a switch on the side, which isn't too bad.
Mine is on a bar above the keyboard along with an energy saver toggle, music buttons, mute/volume + & -, and some other button that I THINK swaps display to the display output port.

(I also have Harmon/Kardon audio...which is odd since I usually use headphones.)
By Jetackuu 2014-12-30 18:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah all that crap is in my F1-10 keys, and I have an "Fn" button.

I rarely use them...
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-12-30 18:41:39
Link | Citer | R

my wifi is like ctrl+fn+f3 so realy hard to turn off on accident

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2014-12-30 18:42:44
Link | Citer | R

A few pages too late, but wtf...

"Horizon in the middle of potato"
"Potato no Stigma"
Potato no Shana
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-12-30 18:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
do you have a video of a turtle masturbating ?
this has been brought up before.

speedy the turtle.
I miss Headstrong. :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-12-30 18:51:11
Link | Citer | R

See her online sometimes but never says anything

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-30 20:03:38
Link | Citer | R

"I eat faster than you do!"

The arguments Aelius and I have.
Serveur: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2014-12-30 20:06:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-30 20:09:08
Link | Citer | R

I have come to the conclusion nobody will argue with me lol cannot pick a fight to save my life today
First Page 2 3 ... 16073 16074 16075 ... 22710 22711 22712