Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15634 15635 15636 ... 22715 22716 22717
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:07:43
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Artemicion said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
DC/Marvel suck anyway! *snob*

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

Being an anime snob I bet!

I really liked Image in my heyday of comic reading.

So for example. If you were named Ramyrez irl~ and you went by that name for 20+ years. Then some magical force rolled by and some woman spawned and said she is now Ramyrez and basically takes your stuff. Is she really ramyrez or are you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-17 14:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much all superheroes have terrible premises to me that never interested me. I liked Spiderman cartoon when I was little, but other than that...nope..don't even like all the recent superhero movies, I think they're horrible.

The only one that interests me is X-Men, but other than watching the cartoon and movies I never felt the need to explore the comics(also cause it must be a giant collection).
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 14:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Pretty sure Thor is a title that is applicable to anyone that carries the Mjolnir. The carrier is merely the vessel for it's power to which it decides the wielder.

It never was, for 40-50 years, but now it suddenly is because they chose to call the new female character 'Thor'.

Yeah, there's a bit of a rift between what is canon between the movies and comics, so understandably there's discrepancies as to whether Thor is applicable as a singular person, or rather something that is passed down between wielders as decided by the Mjolnir.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:09:42
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

So for example. If you were named Ramyrez irl~ and you went by that name for 20+ years. Then some magical force rolled by and some woman spawned and said she is now Ramyrez and basically takes your stuff. Is she really ramyrez or are you?

I already conceded his point because apparently, canon story is that he really is Thor Odinson and I was wrong. I've admitted as such. It's Raenill arguing this! :p
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

I already conceded his point because apparently, canon story is that he really is Thor Odinson and I was wrong. I've admitted as such. It's Raenill arguing this! :p

Ok lol

So for example. If Raenill was named Raenill irl~ and he went by that name for 20+ years. Then some magical force rolled by and some woman spawned and said she is now Raenill and basically takes his stuff. Is she really Raenill?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much all superheroes have terrible premises to me that never interested me. I liked Spiderman cartoon when I was little, but other than that...nope..don't even like all the recent superhero movies, I think they're horrible.

The only one that interests me is X-Men, but other than watching the cartoon and movies I never felt the need to explore the comics(also cause it must be a giant collection).

I...I'm not saying anything you said is wrong. I mean "SPIDERMAN. He's a man like a spider!" "BATMAN. He's a man like a bat, sort of!" "SUPERMAN. He's just SUPER!"

But it seems awfully like the pot calling the kettle black from someone who watches/reads anime/manga.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

Ok lol

So for example. If Raenill was named Raenill irl~ and he went by that name for 20+ years. Then some magical force rolled by and some woman spawned and said she is now Raenill and basically takes his stuff. Is she really Raenill?

I dunno. She could be. It seems like a unisex-kinda name to me.

*ducks*
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 14:13:56
Link | Citer | R

So there's not a single line of heroes or heroines that take up a premise that interests you? While collectively it would all seem pretty washed up and generic, I feel each one holds merit to their premises.

Like Spiderman emphasizing personal responsibility, X-men emphasizing on prejudice between groups of people, Superman emphasizing on social placement and acceptance, etc.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 14:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

Ok lol

I conceded as well. But reincarnation was still a *** card for DC to pull to give credibility to turn a comic hero into a literal god.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 14:18:47
Link | Citer | R

And yeah, Raenil's unisex as far as I'm concerned.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:20:00
Link | Citer | R

I think we're all forgetting about another awesome Thor'esque character here that should be brought back into the spotlight:

Beta Ray Bill.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 14:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure Thor is a title that is applicable to anyone that carries the Mjolnir. The carrier is merely the vessel for it's power to which it decides the wielder.

It never was, for 40-50 years, but now it suddenly is because they chose to call the new female character 'Thor'.

Yeah, there's a bit of a rift between what is canon between the movies and comics, so understandably there's discrepancies as to whether Thor is applicable as a singular person, or rather something that is passed down between wielders as decided by the Mjolnir.

Go read the wiki, Thor is Thor lol. There have been others who have wielded Mjolnir but they've had different names, such as Thunderstrike.

Here's his backstory and how he got the name:

Quote:
Eric Kevin Masterson was working as an architect when he met Thor. Masterson was injured by falling girders, and was taken to the hospital by Thor. Now on crutches, Masterson was attacked by Quicksand, but saved by Thor.[9] Masterson was then abducted by Mongoose. Masterson accompanied Thor to the Black Galaxy, where he first met Hercules. Masterson was mortally wounded by Mongoose, and is given Thor's form and powers after the original is sealed in Eric's mind, by Odin, to save Eric's life.[10] Recognizing that his new life as Thor was too dangerous for a child, Masterson gave up custody of his son Kevin to his ex-wife Marcy, reasoning that Kevin would be safer with her even if she was relatively ambivalent about her role as a mother.[11] Masterson was then separated from Thor by the Red Celestial.[12] Shortly thereafter, Masterson saved Thor's life, and was merged with him again.[13] Masterson's son Kevin was captured by Ulik for Loki. Thor freed Kevin and seemingly slew Loki in battle. Heimdall separated Thor from Masterson, then banished Thor, and transformed Masterson into a new Thor.[14] He then met the Enchantress as Leena Moran, and battled Ulik.

Eric continues in the role of Thor, after having been given Mjolnir by Thor, who tells Eric to carry on as Earth's protector. Eric then returns to Earth and joins the Avengers in Thor's place.[15] Masterson revealed his double identity to Captain America. He then first visited Asgard, where he fought the Warriors Three, Balder, Heimdall, and Sif, while trying to discover the whereabouts of the real Thor. Masterson then helped rescue the sleeping Odin from Annihilus.[16] He teamed with Beta Ray Bill and Dargo Ktor as the "Thor Corps" against Zarrko and Loki.[17] During his time with the Avengers as Thor, he aids them in such battles as the Kree/Shi'ar war[18] and the Infinity Gauntlet crisis, being one of only three heroes at the conclusion of that battle to remember the entire confrontation (the other two being Doctor Strange and the Silver Surfer) as he had briefly witnessed Warlock's soul during the fight.[19]

Eric's role as Thor is relatively brief, as the Enchantress manipulates Eric into attacking Thor for Sif's affection. During a confrontation with Thor, Eric hits Sif, which provokes Thor, leading him to defeat Eric and reclaim Mjolnir while Odin reveals the Enchantress's manipulations.[20] Odin then creates a new mace for Eric called Thunderstrike.

Basically he was fused with Thor for a bit and took up his identity and when they were separated he went looking for the real Thor while having Mjolnir in his possession (given to him by Thor for the protection of Earth) but Odin later crafts him his own mace, Thunderstrike. He is never the real Thor, he just pretends while he efends Earth in Thor's place.

It's kinda like Doctor Octopus being in Spider-man's body, he's not Spider-Man but he pretends to be (took it over when he was dying but later left his body, now Parker has to clean up the mess he's made lol)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-17 14:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
I think we're all forgetting about another awesome Thor'esque character here that should be brought back into the spotlight:

Beta Ray Bill.

What race is that lol

Inc Yugiri in 14 looking like that
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

if i have a daughter~ i kinda wanna name her raenil now :|
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Beta Ray Bill.

What race is that lol

Inc Yugiri in 14 looking like that

Bill is an alien race, but his appearance is alien even to his race because his conciousness was entered into a cyborb-enhanced version of some warrior race so he could defend his people or some such. Kind of convoluted, but he's a cool character. He was the first character to lift Mjolnir who wasn't Thor and it was a big thing back then because it was suddenly all "Holy ***. This guy's qualified to lift the hammer and like, Captain America and other guys who are awesome weren't." Eventually Odin gave him a hammer more or less identical to Mjolnir.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-17 14:33:10
Link | Citer | R

I...I'm not saying anything you said is wrong. I mean "SPIDERMAN. He's a man like a spider!" "BATMAN. He's a man like a bat, sort of!" "SUPERMAN. He's just SUPER!"

But it seems awfully like the pot calling the kettle black from someone who watches/reads anime/manga.
What? I said none of that? And yes there are many many manga much more interesting than those comics.
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 14:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Think I'll pick up Legend of Dragoon.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:35:39
Link | Citer | R

What? I said none of that? And yes there are many many manga much more interesting than those comics.

No no, I'm saying I see how you're right and I'm demonstrating how basic they were at creating comic book characters 70 years ago.

And yes, to you many manga are more interesting than those comics. Though I would argue that some manga/anime is as lame as some comics.

All I'm saying is there are people that would say the same about manga/anime as you're saying of comics.

That's all.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-17 14:36:28
Link | Citer | R

*rolls into thread*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-10-17 14:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
*rolls into thread*

Yo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-17 14:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing that hardly anyone seem to notice: this thread actually doesn't have manga or anime discussions that often. Except gundams(which is not restricted to anime - unfortunately!).

Most of the time people are talking about videogames. Shocking I know!
By volkom 2014-10-17 14:45:46
Link | Citer | R

the thread is called random thoughts. ~

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-17 14:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Draco is swede, he's Thor!

drac your new avatar is super cute :)
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 14:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Fast & Furriest: Tokyo Drift
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-10-17 14:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Dark Horse? Vertigo?

Ok lol

I am not sure...LOL...Linear was Linear, until some magic force (named SE) caused the server merge, making Linear become Raenil no? :p

/confused :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 14:51:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

if i have a daughter~ i kinda wanna name her raenil now :|
My collection of Fang and Lightning images is vast.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2014-10-17 14:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I am not sure...LOL...Linear was Linear, until some magic force caused (named SE) caused the server merge, making Linear become Raenil no? :p

/confused :p
Yes.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-10-17 14:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Wat? Schutz has come out of hiding?
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2014-10-17 14:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Wat? Schutz has come out of hiding?

The combination of old topics, comic book geeky debates, and lesbian overtones somehow aligned properly. :p
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-10-17 14:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
*rolls into thread*

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15634 15635 15636 ... 22715 22716 22717