Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 14550 14551 14552 ... 22708 22709 22710
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I finally picked up FF1 and figured what the hell I'll finally give this a full play through, did a little bit of grinding, let's see how bad I get my *** kicked.
I like FF1, very classic and simple, but fun to do diff parties
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 21:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Schizm said: »
Linux on ages of computers~

"I propose to you five categories: Prehistoric, Senior Citizen, Distinguished, Middle Aged, and Not Old. The definitions of these categories are going to be relevant for the state of things in 2011; posterity will just have to extrapolate.

-- Prehistoric: Anything pre Pentium-Pro (or AMD K6), basically designed to run DOS or maybe Windows 3.1 will be considered prehistoric. These are most computers made before about 1995.

-- Senior Citizen: This would be Pentium Pro, Pentium II, and AMD k6-2 processors — machines designed to run Windows 95 or 98. These are 1995-1999 vintage or so.

-- Distinguished: Pentium III, Early Pentium 4 (less than 2 GHz), AMD Athlon, AMD Duron computers — these are Windows 2000 or first-generation Windows XP machines from around 1999-2002.

-- Middle Aged: Pentium 4, Celeron (2 GHz or higher), AMD Athlon XP, newer Duron processors — mostly Designed for Windows XP, dating from between 2003 and 2006.

-- NOT OLD: Anything 64 bit or dual-core, Pentium D, Core 2, Sempron, Opteron, etc. These are computers designed for Windows Vista or newer, and they really aren’t old in 2011 Linux terms."

http://www.alandmoore.com/blog/2011/08/21/reviving-your-old-pc-with-linux-part-i-defining-expectations/
His years are a bit off, and I wouldn't consider anything pre DDR3 even in 2011 "not old" even for linux...

granted, it wasn't that horrible of hardware then, it was still a good bit dated...
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 21:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
I finally picked up FF1 and figured what the hell I'll finally give this a full play through, did a little bit of grinding, let's see how bad I get my *** kicked.

I remember the NES version, the GBA version was pretty good but for some reason I remember the PSP version being faster for some reason.

I think the rate of speed for action and text and being able to skip stuff made it faster.

I just can't remember if the old version automatically changed your target if you killed it with a prior action. So what version did you get FF1 for anyway?
on the NES it doesn't change target, if you attack something and it's gone, your attack does nothing (unless it was magic) I kind of like it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-13 21:47:43
Link | Citer | R

means you have to be more tactical with your attack choices rather than mashing the A button. Kinda wish "newer" FF games did that, but eh.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:50:08
Link | Citer | R

I remember the NES version, the GBA version was pretty good but for some reason I remember the PSP version being faster for some reason.

I think the rate of speed for action and text and being able to skip stuff made it faster.

I just can't remember if the old version automatically changed your target if you killed it with a prior action. So what version did you get FF1 for anyway?
on the NES it doesn't change target, if you attack something and it's gone, your attack does nothing (unless it was magic) I kind of like it.
Ya same, in 14 that kinda happens too if you perform an action before the death of the target, and if it dies as you are preforming it it still goes off adding to the overkill dmg amount.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-13 21:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
means you have to be more tactical with your attack choices rather than mashing the A button. Kinda wish "newer" FF games did that, but eh.
Would be nice if it was at least an option. You'd think they would of kept it around.

You'd think that they would of had difficulty options like in Thief (I haven't played it.... I just know about it) where you could turn on / off certain things. I don't really know what would be a good return on doing so... The obvious EXP +% would be a lil bit OP and countering what you do in a way. FF doesn't keep a score really so that can't be a thing.

I personally would enjoy that more than just an "Easy" and "Normal" option they've been providing recently. I just like the whole idea of custom difficulty really.
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Yomisha
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-04-13 22:07:07
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Darkalenia 2014-04-13 22:08:29
Link | Citer | R

I met this really friendly Chansey in the Pokemon Y Battle Spot (random battle matchups).

He greeted me with Toxic followed by a Seismic Toss. Afterwards, I guess he was hungry and had a Softboiled egg to restore stamina/

Now THAT'S a tank. And he singlehandedly decimated my team...

T_T
[+]
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-04-13 22:09:00
Link | Citer | R

fates take so long when waiting for a specific one :(

[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-04-13 22:23:42
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-13 22:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Got back from my grandma's "vacation present to the family" after retiring. Visited Disneyland on Thursday, California Adventures on Friday and Universal Studios on Saturday. My legs are killin' me. x.x
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 22:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Got back from my grandma's "vacation present to the family" after retiring. Visited Disneyland on Thursday, California Adventures on Friday and Universal Studios on Saturday. My legs are killin' me. x.x
Ya, when I plan family vacations in the future, there's going to be a week of at least light exercise shortly before, blisters aren't fun.
Serveur: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-04-13 22:51:45
Link | Citer | R

fate spawned but no one else was doing it so it failed and I didnt get credit :( so many feels
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 23:06:17
Link | Citer | R

yay I seem to have broke something on my computer...

I knew better than to do it yet I did it anyway...

ugh time to do a system restore, I just hope I have a recent restore point
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-13 23:46:18
Link | Citer | R

stupid *** modem decided to drop its downstream rate.. trying to figure out how to fix it ;/
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 23:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Ohji Lunartail said: »
stupid *** modem decided to drop its downstream rate.. trying to figure out how to fix it ;/
firmware change?

wait, you're on DSL right?

Get cable.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 23:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Skull, are you lurking?
By Jetackuu 2014-04-13 23:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Josiahfk said: »
yay I seem to have broke something on my computer...

I knew better than to do it yet I did it anyway...

ugh time to do a system restore, I just hope I have a recent restore point
Elvaans_gone_wild.mp4.exe got you too huh? : p
I like my clips in mkv

:P

na, was looking at something for a friend, and I thought I broke my flash player audio but it's working now.

Did 2 scans and came back clean so did a system restore, reinstalled flash player for firefox again, then apparently still had the video on mute, from when I was fiddling with it the first time...

silly unclear mute button that just changes color.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-04-14 00:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Found this show on Netflix called Derek with Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington. It's absolutely brilliant; humorous and dramatic at the same time. Gervais does an impeccable job showcasing the human condition. Just fantastic.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-14 00:18:50
Link | Citer | R

firmware change?

wait, you're on DSL right?

Get cable.
maybe offering actual usefull help whould of been better, atm im @7mbs wich is the fastest i can get within 20 mi of where i live. and everything is upto date, just hope it gets better in the morning,
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 00:24:55
Link | Citer | R

man instead of worrying about cows and old ranchers maybe the US should start building up infastructure. by the time we're able to get 20MB Down 5MB Up internet to the whole country, Japan and Sweden will have 1TB Download 500GB Upload internet for the whole country for free
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-04-14 00:29:41
Link | Citer | R

maybe offering actual usefull help whould of been better
Hold on.
Let me open my book of how to get better internet service.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-14 00:30:46
Link | Citer | R

man instead of worrying about cows and old ranchers maybe the US should start building up infastructure. by the time we're able to get 20MB Down 5MB Up internet to the whole country, Japan and Sweden will have 1TB Download 500GB Upload internet for the whole country for free
But how would time warner be able to charge 15 MB/S for 80 dollars per month?
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-14 00:31:27
Link | Citer | R

But how would time warner be able to charge 15 MB/S for 80 dollars?
by selling out to comcast

oh wai...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 00:32:32
Link | Citer | R

I wish I got 15MB/s for $80, I pay AT&T something like $75 for 5MB down 1MB up. Fun fact: it's fiber optic. Fun Fact Two: it's the fastest in my area. It's the most ridiculous robbery in human history and there's not ***I can do about it.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-14 00:35:42
Link | Citer | R

yea i live bout 35-40 mi NW of tucson... bout a mile or 2 down the road from a copper mine. ;/ lol so 7 is bout as fast as i can get, for bout 70$/Mo
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-14 00:36:42
Link | Citer | R

45mbps down is the highest available :\ and there really is no reason for it. It's a fiber network and all the lines are brand new, they just laid them last year. They're just throttling to throttle because they're *** ***. Would love to have even 10MB/s down 3~5MB/s up, but nope.
First Page 2 3 ... 14550 14551 14552 ... 22708 22709 22710