Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 14090 14091 14092 ... 22717 22718 22719

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-01-16 18:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I saw that Liels posted in LOLpics. So, naturally I was dead to the world for about 15 minutes.

Anyway, I actually have taken certain precautions to this whole ordeal. I got myself a hangiri already, and I had planned on preparing the rice by getting rid of all the extra starch then covering it with a solution of vinegar, sugar and salt. I am going to try my hand at making a California Roll, but the thing I think I'll be focusing on the most is the nigiri-zushi.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the freshness of the fish. I live in a desert, so fresh fish is hard to come by. I've found this grocery store in the Chinese Cultural Center out here. In fact, they were the only place that carries tuna of any sort. It's yellowfin, but I figure that's close enough. But I've already got my rice, wasabi, rice wine vinegar, mayonnaise and the nori as well as my bamboo rollers, knife set, hangiri and shamoji. I'm gonna try and do this legitimately. There's so much tradition that comes with sushi, so I figure if I use the right stuff, it'll hopefully be decent enough.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-01-16 18:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Sorry, I saw that Liels posted in LOLpics. So, naturally I was dead to the world for about 15 minutes.

Anyway, I actually have taken certain precautions to this whole ordeal. I got myself a hangiri already, and I had planned on preparing the rice by getting rid of all the extra starch then covering it with a solution of vinegar, sugar and salt. I am going to try my hand at making a California Roll, but the thing I think I'll be focusing on the most is the nigiri-zushi.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the freshness of the fish. I live in a desert, so fresh fish is hard to come by. I've found this grocery store in the Chinese Cultural Center out here. In fact, they were the only place that carries tuna of any sort. It's yellowfin, but I figure that's close enough. But I've already got my rice, wasabi, rice wine vinegar, mayonnaise and the nori as well as my bamboo rollers, knife set, hangiri and shamoji. I'm gonna try and do this legitimately. There's so much tradition that comes with sushi, so I figure if I use the right stuff, it'll hopefully be decent enough.
japanese GF
problem solved
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-01-16 18:32:59
Link | Citer | R

Ohji Lunartail said: »
japanese GF
problem solved
Easier said than done, mien freund.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2014-01-16 18:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Dont feel bad if you have to cook the fish due to that whole living in the desert.
<コ:ミ くコ:彡
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-01-16 18:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Dont feel bad if you have to cook the fish due to that whole living in the desert.
If it comes to that, I just might. I doubt I'd be able to use it to make nigiri-zushi, but I'm sure no one would notice if I use it in maki-zushi. I'll check with the butchers at the grocery store to see how fresh it is.

Also, I have plenty of imitation crab, so that might be enough. It has a ton of sodium in it, though...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Sargatanas
user: Yomisha
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-16 18:49:58
Link | Citer | R

This is all I read! xD
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-01-16 18:51:56
Link | Citer | R

random urge to play ffxi again.

i dunno why. i'll craft for two nights and never log in again.
[+]
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-16 18:53:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Asura.Domz said: »
im seething with rage. finally get a great lot in coil for allagan healing gloves. 86. no way can the other guy beat that. I close my eyes and listen for the fanfare. and nothing. just emptiness where there should be a bitchin set of gloves.

Huh?
...He didn't get the gloves. I can see how that was hard to understand. /facepalm
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-01-16 18:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Schizm said: »
Asura.Ludoggy said: »
If it comes to that, I just might. I doubt I'd be able to use it to make nigiri-zushi, but I'm sure no one would notice if I use it in maki-zushi. I'll check with the butchers at the grocery store to see how fresh it is.

Also, I have plenty of imitation crab, so that might be enough. It has a ton of sodium in it, though...

But I mean like avocados and then with crab meat or some mix. I would probably check out restaurants and see what type of rolls they make so you can get a good idea how each one is made.
Yeah, I got this instruction guide on how to make sushi with recipes as well as a few cooking shows, online suggestions and an instructional dvd. I've been doing my homework. For instance, my California Roll would have imitation crab, cucumber, avocado, cream cheese, japanese mayonnaise and pickled radish. And of course I have my pickled ginger and wasabi on the side.

I'm definitely not going blind into this. This has kinda been a long time coming.

Yomisha Belmont said: »
This is all I read! xD
Yeah... If it's any consolation, I actually like the way sushi rice tastes. It's a lot better when you get rid of that nasty rice flavor.

Post deleted by User.
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-16 18:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »

Duuurrr...Huh?

BWAHAHAHA! I love you, Zah. :3
[+]
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-16 19:01:23
Link | Citer | R

The rice you described that gave you a complex about rice, is not what rice should taste like. You're silly.
[+]
By applecrunch 2014-01-16 19:03:38
Link | Citer | R

By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-16 19:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Where is Daus!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-16 19:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Where is Daus!
On break or at work.
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2014-01-16 19:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Vyrerus said: »
Where is Daus!
On break or at work.

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-01-16 19:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Where is Daus!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-01-16 20:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-16 20:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Where is Daus!
whats wrong with cuddling a puppy? (i got no clue who this guy is tho, does he eat puppies normally?)
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-01-16 20:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Where is Daus!
whats wrong with cuddling a puppy? (i got no clue who this guy is tho, does he eat puppies normally?)
Tom Hiddleston.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-01-16 20:04:08
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Where is Daus!
Tom Hiddleston.

oh the other guy from Thor lol
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-01-16 20:05:05
Link | Citer | R

oh the other guy from the motherfucking Avengers lol

^
 Bismarck.Magnuss