Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10734 10735 10736 ... 22712 22713 22714
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Quiznor said: »
Okay, so I generally don't bother with medicine of any kind, regardless of my ailment, but I'm pretty miserable here.
What do you guys recommend for extreme sinus pressure and endlessly runny nose, followed by headaches?

A full virus scan

I thought of something witty to say because I had nothing that'd actually help,sorry D:

By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:38:27
Link | Citer | R

For now my only treatment is coffee.
I'll start with mild medicines like chamomile, then step up my game to drown myself in dayquil or theraflu if need be.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:39:44
Link | Citer | R

I used that back in the day for blocked nose and pressure. Now a days I'm just too stubborn/lazy/manly and just tough it out

Post deleted by User.
By Quiznor 2013-03-15 09:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like fapping
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 09:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Honestly, I miss the days of no voice acting and simple graphics. I always felt more immersed in those games than new games. They were also a lot longer, not these *** 10 hour games that you can breeze through because they have tutorials and help messages all over.

To be fair I finished FF4 in 20 hours with a good chunk of afk time so it's not like short games are new. Although I do lol when AC games brag about 20 hours of gameplay.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-15 09:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Most new games are all about looks and not so much about actual content.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-03-15 09:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Morning!
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 09:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Honestly, I miss the days of no voice acting and simple graphics. I always felt more immersed in those games than new games. They were also a lot longer, not these *** 10 hour games that you can breeze through because they have tutorials and help messages all over.

To be fair I finished FF4 in 20 hours with a good chunk of afk time so it's not like short games are new. Although I do lol when AC games brag about 20 hours of gameplay.

That's pretty damned long by today's standard.
Also, the primary limitation back then was storage capacity, so they had to extend the replay value or intended product in the package through other means. Now, it's all about whether a developer has the money and time to do what they want based on consumer and publisher demands. Doesn't help that those two demanding factors are at ends with each other.

Another thing worth noting: The demo for video game players was more or less children back during the 90s, so considering the duration of content with the average playtime of a kid being a fraction of what it is for us silly no-life mid-twenty'ers, it is especially impressive how long games were in the past.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-15 09:54:16
Link | Citer | R

I used to do that, got bored though.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 09:58:31
Link | Citer | R

That's pretty damned long by today's standard.
Also, the primary limitation back then was storage capacity, so they had to extend the replay value or intended product in the package through other means. Now, it's all about whether a developer has the money and time to do what they want based on consumer and publisher demands. Doesn't help that those two demanding factors are at ends with each other.
Most games I play average 30-40 hours which is what I've always considered standard so idk about that... There's also really not much to encourage replay value in older games aside from if you like them or not.
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 10:00:51
Link | Citer | R

Most games I play average 30-40 hours which is what I've always considered standard so idk about that... There's also really not much to encourage replay value in older games aside from if you like them or not.

Replay value was a huge challenge for devs back in the day, so the general solution was either to make them extremely long, or hard as ***. Usually a mix of the two. But because the demo for video games has expanded so significantly over the years, so have the demands and standards, which is why many of us feel a bit alienated by the level of hand holding and casual appeal rather than well planned, budgeted, and produced triple-A titles.

But I'm impressed that 30-40 is your standard by today's means. Even more impressed you're not disappointed again and again by what comes out today. Then again, you could be very critical on your purchases, and be a smart buyer, knowing what you're getting before you dish out that $60.

Games these days have as little as 4 hours of gameplay content, and as much as maybe 20ish, depending heavily on genres and DLC.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 10:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Again going back to the FF4 example since I didn't get into gameing till the PS1 so my experience before that is still limited. I died twice in that game, once in the magnet cave because everyone was wearing metal and I didn't know it would game over me. Second time was on my first attempt of the last boss, second time I won, then I looked up online afterwords and found out I was supposed to steal something to weaken him. It was also suggesting Rosa holy if she had the chance but didn't have that yet so idk how under leveled I was. Most bosses were fairly mindless too, I was disappointed when the Magus Sisters only attacked me 3 times since I was looking forward to seeing what they were like.

If I had played FF4 back in the day I'm sure I would have struggled with it, but that has nothing to do with it being hard but rather my skills as a gamer would have been underdeveloped. We're all gaming veterans now so games that would have challenged us before are now easy which is why we see everything as easy now.
[+]
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-03-15 10:11:06
Link | Citer | R

lol You all sound like a bunch of old men. :x

Oh yeah and try some Theraflu, Art.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-03-15 10:12:34
Link | Citer | R

got 5 mins late to work.
dont care, I bought pancakes from McD's~ -omnomnoms-
also, got my phone back.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 10:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yomisha said: »

Because we are!

Thank you! :3
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 10:13:13
Link | Citer | R

But I'm impressed that 30-40 is your standard by today's means. Even more impressed you're not disappointed again and again by what comes out today.
Before playing a game I clear any expectations I have, that normally helps since when I am disappointed it's normally my own fault for expecting the game to be something it is not/was never meant to be. I got it to play for fun not to pass some kind of judgement on it although I have no issues looking back on and picking it apart if called upon for both it's good and bad qualities.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-03-15 10:14:12
Link | Citer | R

being GMT-3 sucks.....................
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-03-15 10:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
if friday was 2011's hit gangnam 2012 I wonder what song will consume 2013 lol

Can't really guess a pattern to it either
wat :|
By Artemicion 2013-03-15 10:14:45
Link | Citer | R

But I'm impressed that 30-40 is your standard by today's means. Even more impressed you're not disappointed again and again by what comes out today.
Before playing a game I clear any expectations I have, that normally helps since when I am disappointed it's normally my own fault for expecting the game to be something it is not/was never meant to be. I got it to play for fun not to pass some kind of judgement on it although I have no issues looking back on and picking it apart if called upon for both it's good and bad qualities.

That's good. But I can certainly see it being difficult to approach any new game with a clear mind of realistic expectations. Especially when it comes from a long running franchise, as you will generally base the game on elements of its predecessors.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2013-03-15 10:15:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
if friday was 2011's hit gangnam 2012 I wonder what song will consume 2013 lol

Can't really guess a pattern to it either

Shotgun mouthwash
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-03-15 10:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Look whose talking....
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 10:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Because we are!

No way I age backwards... people would always comment on how mature I was as a child. I look back at that and lol.

On an unrelated note I find this screenshot highly amusing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2013-03-15 10:20:39
Link | Citer | R

That's good. But I can certainly see it being difficult to approach any new game with a clear mind of realistic expectations. Especially when it comes from a long running franchise, as you will generally base the game on elements of its predecessors.
The only thing I really expect there is story related... and I'll admit Dragon Age drives me up the wall with the amount of things that don't match up between the books games and movie... Don't care that they fixed it having all characters survive the first game, do care that even they don't seem to know what is going on with the Seekers.
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-03-15 10:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said: »

Look whose talking....
Hush, you damn spring chicken!