users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » blue proc skillups
blue proc skillups
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2011-01-31 10:48:18
Link | Citer | R

so i'm catching up on all my skills and have to break latents for staff/club/scythe and a few others for blue!!! procs. my skill is currently ~220ish in each of those. after the tree does anyone know a good place to skillup as war/dnc? i'm not looking to burn much abyssea time(but will if necessary) and i dont really wanna waste others ppl's time either. i've tried the birds @ the coast non-abyssea and they kinda ripped me up. i've read the skillup guides but i'm looking for actual player experience. any constructive advice is appreciated
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-01-31 11:12:01
Link | Citer | R

I haven't tried outside of Abyssea as it isn't easy to get skill up groups as everyone who needs to seems to do it in shout EXP Abyssea runs.

With Stronghold and Mounted Champion Atmas Crabs in Misareaux Coast You can sub whatever you want and pretty much AFK skill up. Just build time with an EXP group in the zone then leave to skill up. I'm sure other mobs work I just did crabs because they don't link and don't have any really bad TP moves.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-31 11:19:33
Link | Citer | R

If you are decently geared and/or atma'd even with low skill you can still do a decent portion of the dmg
 Asura.Obliske
Serveur: Asura
user: obliske
By Asura.Obliske 2011-01-31 11:47:06
Link | Citer | R

you should be able to hit atleast 250 in boyada tree or you can skill up in bhaf. thickets at the greater colibri camp.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-01-31 12:50:02
Link | Citer | R

The fastest way for me was Abyssea-Misareaux, WAR/DNC, with Apoc/Mounted Champion/Vissicitude atmas. Eat some cheapo sushi to compensate for not having Razed Ruins, and hit up conflux #8 for the madies.

Grab two or three depending on how sturdy you are, throw up Retaliation, and go. I got ~100 skill levels in hour. Retaliation is awesome - you DO get skillups from Retaliation hits (and TP for waltzes).

(Obviously, this involves burning Abyssea time. But it's far and away the fastest way to go.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2011-01-31 13:15:47
Link | Citer | R

cool. thanks for all the advice. i'll try this out with staff and scythe later tonight
By Jacaut 2011-02-22 00:05:29
Link | Citer | R

I too was just in this boat, after SC, Deci, Retrib, and now Ground Strike, i have to say i prefer Flamingos in Sky. Theyre in groups of 4 Right when you warp in from a crag, and they dont link or anything, i started there with weapons as low as 140ish, popped sushi and went to town. If martial master is up, its even better. No waste of abyssea time either that way. Black halo here i come~
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-02-22 00:17:17
Link | Citer | R

zvhal fortiface or whatever, in castle zvhal [s} give amazing skill ups, you can beat on one from L.0 to I think L.250 maybe higher.
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-02-22 00:41:39
Link | Citer | R

Not 100% sure on this but wasn't it possible to hit the 75 skill cap in the tree pre-update. If so wouldn't it stand to reason that you could go past that now that mob levels for skillups has been decreased? By no means will it cap you out at level 90 but should be more then enough to get all your blue procs.

As far as capping out the rest Orichalcumshell in Mount Zhayolm should take you the rest of the way without burning any abyssea time.
 Asura.Baroma
Serveur: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-02-22 00:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Not 100% sure on this but wasn't it possible to hit the 75 skill cap in the tree pre-update. If so wouldn't it stand to reason that you could go past that now that mob levels for skillups has been decreased? By no means will it cap you out at level 90 but should be more then enough to get all your blue procs.

As far as capping out the rest Orichalcumshell in Mount Zhayolm should take you the rest of the way without burning any abyssea time.

this^
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-02-22 01:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Now that DCs can cap you, Steelshells will take you to the cap for around 80-83. For WAR scythe, that's the 281-299 range. For staff, 275-293. For club, 265-283.

Personally, I had everything capped on my WAR for 75 before the cap raised, and all WSs unlocked that WAR could unlock. For getting past the 75 caps (which isn't really necessary if you're just after blue proc WSs, aside from extra accuracy), so far I've done a mix of abyssea and non-abyssea skillups. If Seaboard Vultures are kicking your ***, you might wanna look into why that is. Is your DNC sub fully leveled? Curing Waltz III is very important, after all. I use a bit of PDT gear for soloing them, but I don't have a particularly high amount of it, I don't think. What I've been using is:

Replace the weapons for whatever you're skilling, of course. For grip, I use either Pole Grip or Uther's Trip, since I don't have an Eisen Grip. Before getting Twilight Torque, I used Evasion Torque. I'm trying to get a Grim Cuirass, but I've also considered Versa Hauberk +1 since it's cheaper. The Dark Ring has PDT-3% since I haven't managed to get a better one yet (before getting this one I used a Patronus Ring). The ASA pants have PDT-4%. I also have capped evasion, with 4 merits in it. Parrying is 254 (without gear) currently.

With that setup, the birds haven't been too hard (especially with staff, since you can use Earth/Terra's Staff for an extra PDT-20%). I saw someone mentioned Orichalcumshells, but if Seaboard Vultures are tearing through you, then Orichalcumshells will rape you and kick you out the door without cab fare. :P

But yeah, as someone mentioned, Zvahl Fortalices will take you to the 75 cap for your skill. That's 256 scythe, 250 staff, and 240 club.