Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Abyssea Advice
Abyssea Advice
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-01-26 09:09:52
Link | Citer | R

It seems to me that with Abyssea, people are growing much more greedy. I'm sure some of you have had those experiences where you've been scammed out of something that was rightfully yours. This has been a part of the game for a long time, sadly.
However, I've noticed it much more nowadays. Just yesterday I was ripped off of a DRG seal in my own party! One time recently I almost got reported to a GM because somebody in my group ninjalotted 3 RDM seals from these nice JP guys that agreed to help us out, and then proceeded to disband the Alliance. It's almost like being penalized for doing the right thing.

Today I had faith, because some EXP alliance kindly allowed me to do keys on my Dancer (I've wanted to finish leveling Dancer for a very long time) but that disbanded after I only got 5k.

Now I'm not saying that everybody is like this. I have a very nice linkshell, and they've helped me out so far. But we live in different timezones and have important things they need done too.
Pickup groups for these things (mostly seals) have been wholly unfulfilling for me, and I don't really know how to do it myself. It's just too unreliable.
I don't want to have to sell my soul to an Abyssea linkshell either, for I do have things to do IRL which sort of take importance over FFXI. I've also seen how cutthroat those endgame linkshells can be.

Any suggestions for what I could do to get the most out of Abyssea? At first I didn't want to get too involved with this endgame content, but I pretty much have to in order to keep enjoying the game. As the game evolves, so must I.

TL;DR: Any efficient ways to get EXP parties on my DNC or get seals for jobs I want? Any Abyssea linkshells considering taking in people?

Thanks for the consideration, hope I didn't QQ too much.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-26 09:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
It seems to me that with Abyssea, people are growing much more greedy. I'm sure some of you have had those experiences where you've been scammed out of something that was rightfully yours. This has been a part of the game for a long time, sadly. However, I've noticed it much more nowadays. Just yesterday I was ripped off of a DRG seal in my own party! One time recently I almost got reported to a GM because somebody in my group ninjalotted 3 RDM seals from these nice JP guys that agreed to help us out, and then proceeded to disband the Alliance. It's almost like being penalized for doing the right thing. Today I had faith, because some EXP alliance kindly allowed me to do keys on my Dancer (I've wanted to finish leveling Dancer for a very long time) but that disbanded after I only got 5k. Now I'm not saying that everybody is like this. I have a very nice linkshell, and they've helped me out so far. But we live in different timezones and have important things they need done too. Pickup groups for these things (mostly seals) have been wholly unfulfilling for me, and I don't really know how to do it myself. It's just too unreliable. I don't want to have to sell my soul to an Abyssea linkshell either, for I do have things to do IRL which sort of take importance over FFXI. I've also seen how cutthroat those endgame linkshells can be. Any suggestions for what I could do to get the most out of Abyssea? At first I didn't want to get too involved with this endgame content, but I pretty much have to in order to keep enjoying the game. As the game evolves, so must I. TL;DR: Any efficient ways to get EXP parties on my DNC or get seals for jobs I want? Any Abyssea linkshells considering taking in people? Thanks for the consideration, hope I didn't QQ too much.
get friends, farm seals together, fell cleave for exp together?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-26 09:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
TL;DR: Any efficient ways to get EXP parties on my DNC or get seals for jobs I want? Any Abyssea linkshells considering taking in people?
A) Make your own party
B) Go as dd tank, whm or blm and shout for the other 2 you aren't going as, kill seal NMs
C) An Abyssea ls isn't required to do anything in Abysea, including emp weapons (which I dual boxed 80% of mine, and the other 20% was between friends or /shout ppl)
By Areis 2011-01-26 09:18:20
Link | Citer | R

bit of criticism... don't ask for how to abyssea leech a job. You can solo all the way to 50 or even 90 on Dnc yeah it's slower but keep that LFP flag up maybe you'll learn a bit about it on the way.

Seals : build your own shout groups. As soon as you see 1 person do something wrong there's a blacklist and remove member buttons, that way they're gone and you don't have to see them ever again.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-26 09:33:08
Link | Citer | R

I don't think Abyssea has increased greediness in FFXI.
I do, however, think Abyssea has expanded access to endgame content, and the greediness is more obvious/apparent to more people now ... people that might not have been wholly exposed to the greedy side of FFXI players in the past.

If you want to get EXP on Dancer, I would recommend solo'ing the EXP, or teaming up with a Blue Mage, or with a Monk and a White Mage (or Scholar). Otherwise, just throw your flag up and look for shouts for EXP alliances. On my server, there's shouts all the time, typically in Port Jeuno.

Regarding AF3 seals, build a shout group, or start a small linkshell with like-minded people that have similar playtimes as you do. A NIN/WAR/MNK/THF/PLD with appropriate Atma can tank most of the NMs that drop seals, and having a BLM and BLU in your group greatly increases your chances of hitting yellow !! weakness, to increase your drop rate on seals.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-01-26 09:42:28
Link | Citer | R

I guess the consensus is make my own groups; I guess I'll learn and work on that. I guess if you want something done right, do it yourself :P

Areis said:
bit of criticism... don't ask for how to abyssea leech a job. You can solo all the way to 50 or even 90 on Dnc yeah it's slower but keep that LFP flag up maybe you'll learn a bit about it on the way.

Well, I've gone days at a time without getting a single invite on DNC with my flag up, and before Abyssea I've gotten it to level 63. I've even tried making my own EXP parties but they usually fall under "Level Sync 40-" which makes it almost excruciating. It's been a long time that I've been leveling this job. Only recently have I been trying to do keys (not leech, at least I'm doing something) and I'm sure it gets easier after I hit 75, but that 10 level range is what I have to get past.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll consider it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-26 10:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Buy 4 more accounts and 5 box it. You'll never need help from anyone ever again, and you'll proc yellow too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-01-26 10:53:44
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, I need to make more friends on Phoenix. I just got dicked out of a pair of Ballerines in a pickup group.

Oh wellz.
[+]
By Halfpint 2011-01-26 13:24:00
Link | Citer | R

If your DNC is 63 why are you trying to key leech? Tell ppl you don't want to leech you just want exp.

Most jobs at 63, in exp pt's in la thiene, konschtat, and tahrongi can do enough damage to be of some use. As the job gets higher you will do more and get a chance to lvl up some of the job skills. If you have the right atma's/abyssites you can low man some exp areas and still get decent exp.

I have done several Exp/TE pts, anu job 60+ gets asked to go do their job and someone else is allowed to leech.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-26 13:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Most jobs at 63, in exp pt's in la thiene, konschtat, and tahrongi can do enough damage to be of some use.

Maybe if all the higher lvs in your alliance look like this
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 15:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:
If your DNC is 63 why are you trying to key leech? Tell ppl you don't want to leech you just want exp.

Most jobs at 63, in exp pt's in la thiene, konschtat, and tahrongi can do enough damage to be of some use. As the job gets higher you will do more and get a chance to lvl up some of the job skills. If you have the right atma's/abyssites you can low man some exp areas and still get decent exp.

I have done several Exp/TE pts, anu job 60+ gets asked to go do their job and someone else is allowed to leech.

You can not be srs, 70 is pretty much the lowest a DD job can be let into even Visions to give any type of a contribution. Any job under 70 (besides support) might as well come /WHM and help cure.