Warrior Tanking Atmas?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior tanking atmas?
Warrior tanking atmas?
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-26 07:43:48
Link | Citer | R

doing a lot of dualboxing now war+whm and was just wondering what you guys thought the best atmas were as far as the warrior tank is concerned? not just duoing stuff i tend to use RR/AO/Apoc for just mindless smashing but I put on gnarled horn instead of AO yesterday to duo some stuff, was not a big difference though

im taru with all but 1 merit abyssite and AO is still ghey with -hp
 Bismarck.Arcos
Serveur: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2011-01-26 07:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Depends alot on what you are tanking. NMs, you may want to go with a HP atma, evasion atma or def/regen atma. Really depends on the situation. For damage, wouldnt VV work as well?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-26 08:05:05
Link | Citer | R

I'd say that hp is going to be pretty handy, as it give you a little more time to get those cures in. I am not sure what you're looking at as a Taru hp-wise, but I like having around 3k or more. Personally, I am big on regen atmas - I can't think of all of them for the life of me atm, but Mounted Champion is one that also gives a bunch of VIT. And Plaguebringer is kinda nice (I think it's Plaguebringer) as it's some Store TP, Double Attack, and Major regen during the day.

Then again, I am no expert by any means!
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-26 08:41:49
Link | Citer | R

Atm I'm mostly concerned with the low tier key item mobs for glavoid so thaRongi ***,manticore,sandworm,adze
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-26 08:48:22
Link | Citer | R

I use RR/VV/GH For Tanking ;X
Honestly most Visions/Scar's mobs you can blood tank with a WHM with atma's. NIN sub is great for certain mobs or Hero's zones. /SAM can do you great justice in older zones though.

I guess that it's preference.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-26 09:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:
Atm I'm mostly concerned with the low tier key item mobs for glavoid so thaRongi ***,manticore,sandworm,adze

I mostly use RR/VV/Apoc and retaliation tank, while using seigan/third eye when possible... Duo'd Fistule as WAR/SAM and WHM, just held the 2 pops and retaliation'd them for TP to spam WS on the NM itself.

Also with those NMs, its better to Fell Cleave burn them tbh... Adze would be hella difficult to kill, if its the one im thinking of that does en-petrify/doom/random status effects and such. Just need to get amber lights somehow as WAR+WHM, which Im having a little difficulty thinking of a strategy for that but meh. Also: most mobs in the zone dont give ruby/amber which is why Fell Cleave is hella nice for keyitem farming. Think i'm gonna try and spam T1s for amber lights next time I go for it, considering I remember hearing they drop ~10 lights all the time anyways...
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-26 09:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I mostly use RR/VV/Apoc and retaliation tank, while using seigan/third eye when possible... Duo'd Fistule as WAR/SAM and WHM, just held the 2 pops and retaliation'd them for TP to spam WS on the NM itself.

Also with those NMs, its better to Fell Cleave burn them tbh... Adze would be hella difficult to kill, if its the one im thinking of that does en-petrify/doom/random status effects and such. Just need to get amber lights somehow as WAR+WHM, which Im having a little difficulty thinking of a strategy for that but meh. Also: most mobs in the zone dont give ruby/amber which is why Fell Cleave is hella nice for keyitem farming. Think i'm gonna try and spam T1s for amber lights next time I go for it, considering I remember hearing they drop ~10 lights all the time anyways...

That's easy enough, just pry your hands off your Gaxe and pick up a different weapon >.> Build amber on the Adamantoise mobs, once you're done, go back to bats/mandy / w/e and fell cleave the ***out of things for gold boxes. I hate box farming and Adze repops so fast, I'd say just find a ninja friend to bring along, fire off the triggers and kill.

For tahrongi mobs, if you put on atma of the mounted champion you are a freaking brick and they hit your for nothing. Bosswise, RR/VV/Apoc is my usual choice, but on something like Glavoid, I'll usually drop VV for an Hp atma. I try to stay over 3k incase I get puked on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-01-26 09:36:04
Link | Citer | R

I heard t1 = 5x lights? kinda seemed that way when i was building pearl off of them yesterday in Vunk. As for building Amber ligts on war, grab a great sword and herculean slash on the turtles. Can be built pretty quick, granted you need to have great sword leveled.

As for Atmas, HP atma + RR + Apoc is what i use. Usually i sub /SAM rarely go /NIN now a days.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Serveur: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2011-01-26 09:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Can blood tank alot in abyssea anymore. I took my MNK out last night, never really played it much other than abyssea leveling and skilling up H2H to 300, and I tanked a faerie NM that drops body seals. If you can do damage, NM does nasty damage, HP atmas may be the way to go if your WHM isnt taking hate.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Serveur: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2011-01-26 10:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Matters what your tanking really like listed above RR/VV/Apoc is fine if you think your not gonna get 1shotted. If i am on war and think the mnk(main tank) will die, and i will get stuck tanking T2+ NM's i use RR/VV/SS(Sanguine Scythe) gives me that lil extra hp on taru. Also don't really see you tanking Adze on War with it's added effects/fast hit rate.