Abyssea Too Easy?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Abyssea too easy?
Abyssea too easy?
First Page 2
By Thefakechibo 2011-01-15 10:43:13
Link | Citer | R

I must not be the only other person who thinks that Abyssea is to easy and that the gear is too good for abyssea right?

I can sit in zone for less then 10mins and get my first TE then get one monk and one white mage and take down anything in abyssea. Is there going to be something hard in this game or no is my question? Anyone looking forward to new content where your actually going to have to try. Also people dont *** about getting 100 items for Empyrean cause its a lot better then getting 100mil also its easier.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-15 10:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Thefakechibo said:
I must not be the only other person who thinks that Abyssea is to easy and that the gear is too good for abyssea right? I can sit in zone for less then 10mins and get my first TE then get one monk and one white mage and take down anything in abyssea. Is there going to be something hard in this game or no is my question? Anyone looking forward to new content where your actually going to have to try. Also people dont *** about getting 100 items for Empyrean cause its a lot better then getting 100mil also its easier.
if only you knew what went on pre-abyssea
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-15 10:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

if only you knew what went on pre-abyssea

Back when people actually had to form parties to get XP :O
[+]
 Shiva.Idril
Serveur: Shiva
user: Idril
By Shiva.Idril 2011-01-15 10:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Anyone remember when you had to talk to the little dude to move your mh before your moogle and all your ***would show up?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-15 10:51:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Idril said:
Anyone remember when you had to talk to the little dude to move your mh before your moogle and all your ***would show up?
wish they kept that
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-01-15 10:53:01
Link | Citer | R

I remember that I been playing since 2004 :)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-15 10:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea is way too easy. You should only be able to enter once per 3 days, for 1 hour, and they should lower drop rates to be similar to pre-update drop rates on 35 salvage bodies.
[+]
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-01-15 10:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Im trying to fix it so it says my Character on Ifrit Therealchibo with its stats e.t.c but it keeps bringing up my stats from when I was on Alexander with the name Therealchibo
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-15 11:00:29
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea XI: Easy mode

Pretty much sums up what I think of Abyssea.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Nalien
Serveur: Asura
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2011-01-15 11:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Watch a movie, now that is easy.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 11:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea is only easier in that it removes (most of) the tedium and having to drag a load of bodies around.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-15 11:08:38
Link | Citer | R

No boring camping waiting for 21-24h repops.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 11:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Or camping for BRDs for your merit party which only allowed certain jobs to exp properly!
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-15 11:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Or camping for BRDs for your merit party which only allowed certain jobs to exp properly!

This sucked so bad. People still wanted Axe Burn onry in 2008
 Sylph.Landyr
Serveur: Sylph
user: Landyr
By Sylph.Landyr 2011-01-15 11:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Xping and some farming = too easy. Seeing to many people that know Jack about low man and party dynamics. Its frustrating when doing shouts for af3 pieces. I do hope SE does something to balance a bit. I personally do miss parties. The grind only got really bad for me around lvl 70 before that not horrible. Just feels like the learning curve and skill levels have dropped in the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-15 11:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Landyr said:
Xping and some farming = too easy. Seeing to many people that know Jack about low man and party dynamics. Its frustrating when doing shouts for af3 pieces. I do hope SE does something to balance a bit. I personally do miss parties. The grind only got really bad for me around lvl 70 before that not horrible. Just feels like the learning curve and skill levels have dropped in the game.
its near impossible to find a party below lvl 30
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 11:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Partying does not make you a skilled player, it makes you an experienced one.

Good player + little experience > bad player + massive amount of experience.

XPing being easy is fine because it should never be a primary part of the game.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-15 11:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Abyssea is way too easy. You should only be able to enter once per 3 days, for 1 hour, and they should lower drop rates to be similar to pre-update drop rates on 35 salvage bodies.

I wonder if you`d be saying that if you did't already have almost full AF3+2 :p

j/k

The main thing that annoys me about aby is when I see shouts from people wanting to Brew something, like Shinryu for example, then they say its too weak. Of course its too weak, any idiot can kill something with an invincibility potion. Brewing something might be good for a quick kill, but it requires zero skill since anyone can do it.
[+]
 Sylph.Deathknight
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-01-15 11:33:50
Link | Citer | R

(Lufaise Meadows) Ram (Bird) (Party) (Do you need it?) BLM DRK/THF (Can I have it?)
 Gilgamesh.Dsf
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Dsf1
By Gilgamesh.Dsf 2011-01-15 11:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Ok so Im saying this now so it won't be brought up later, Im not playing the game now *which really sucks* and I havent played for almost 2 years. Im not fully aware of how much easier Abys has made FFXI, but I do know that they made it this way for at least one reason. Popularity. FFXI is losing more and more players not just because of FFXIV, but also to other online games and real life crap that happens. Maybe not soon but eventually, it will be difficult to get the groups of people that you can get today. Eventually it'll be harder to get the uber items from HNM's *besides if you want to just brew everything* and SE doesn't want the people that truly enjoy this game to quit simply because there are less players than there use to be. Its becoming more like WoW in the aspect of being able to do whatever you want to do solo. Just my opinion on why SE would do this.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-15 12:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Idril said:

You had to goto your nations embassy to be able to use your rent a room right
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2011-01-15 12:08:30
Link | Citer | R

No you just had to talk to the taru or whatever that was standing just outside the moghouse.
 Bahamut.Razorback
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-01-15 12:17:16
Link | Citer | R

YEa it is a little bit easier, if by easy you mean less time consuming. Its more casual EG.
I like that i get get 3-4 friends and go do something productive for eachother like atma or af3+1s. No drama. No BS. Just lols with friends
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-15 12:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Razorback said:
YEa it is a little bit easier, if by easy you mean less time consuming. Its more casual EG.
I like that i get get 3-4 friends and go do something productive for eachother like atma or af3+1s. No drama. No BS. Just lols with friends

You could do +2s with the same 3-4 friends!
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-01-15 12:40:09
Link | Citer | R

WHM and MNK can do anything in abyssea its kinda like salvage but the drops. Abyssea made PLDs useless I feel bad for PLDs no one wants them for EXP or NM's haha good thing im a BLM. Some things they need to change is only certain feet armor can be obtained in certain zones it should be in all zones you can get all types of feet armor cause then only certain people with the right jobs will want to do one zone. I have all my feet armor and BLM legs feet head +2'd all of it I did with one monk and white mage. Also got 2 body seals but im not focusing on BLM body/hands cause Eradico mitts basically beat the +1 version so Im focusing on making new LS and getting new people zone bosses atmas devergers seals cause Im sick of people not helping others.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-15 12:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Abyssea made PLDs useless

Pld was useless before abyssea, lol.
[+]
By Areis 2011-01-15 12:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Easier .. yeah
Too Easy? ... nope

Yes an Eva tank can solo 80% of Visions, and prolly 50% of Scars.
Yeah Monk & White Mage can duo almost anything in both.
No getting full AF3+1/+2 for MULTIPLE jobs is not too easy I'd say it's about where it should be... not impossible, just takes a bit of dedication.

it shouldn't be a matter of 2-3 hrs to get 5/5 AF3+1 (like getting an AF1 set)
nor should it be limited to 1 hour every 3 days with a 1% drop rate from 1 enemy where you can get 1 of 10 items you need to finish 1 piece of Equipment.
[+]
 Shiva.Brosnan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Brosnan
By Shiva.Brosnan 2011-01-15 13:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Sylph.Landyr said:
its near impossible to find a party below lvl 30
Make abyssea level 70+ to enter would fix it and bring balance to the force.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-15 13:43:22
Link | Citer | R

If by fix it you mean make exping miserable again.
First Page 2