Day of the Week Nuking
 Sylph.Elgorian
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-15 03:56:12
Link | Citer | R

This example is using Lightning.

Is there any other gear I would want to put into a day of the week/weather gear set. Or should any of these come out?

Obviously Staff/Obi would be different depending on element

And if I did the math right...

Twilight Cape is a 5% boost
Obi is 35% (Assuming Double Weather+Day)
Pants are 5% and Ring is supposedly around 3%

So would this be a 48% boost?

Haven't really messed with putting together day of the week sets yet. Input would be apreciated.

Thanks
By Thefakechibo 2011-01-15 10:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Well it also depends on what your doing in the game, for example if you killing a 95+ mob which I don't think it even matters then because most monster anyone fight now go down within 10mins fighting. Don't waste time switching those in for macro waste of inventory focus on stunning! :) but in theory I guess your right about the added effects btw no weather in abyssea.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-15 12:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, but once the 91-99 comes out..... I doubt we'll still be in abyssea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2011-01-15 13:35:08
Link | Citer | R

shouldn't the cape be 5% for day and 5% for weather? or do the buffs not stack like that?
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-15 22:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Not sure, thought it was just 5% overall
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-15 22:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Thefakechibo said:
Well it also depends on what your doing in the game, for example if you killing a 95+ mob which I don't think it even matters then because most monster anyone fight now go down within 10mins fighting. Don't waste time switching those in for macro waste of inventory focus on stunning! :) but in theory I guess your right about the added effects btw no weather in abyssea.

*roll eyes*
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 22:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Not sure how they interact with newer gear (cape/ring) but pants didn't let you get past 35% before. Ie if you were double weather/day and had obi it was pointless to use them.

Supposedly that restriction doesn't apply to ring/cape but no idea if the bonus it grants counts towards the 35% legs can't get past... of course the only time that would even matter would be if you had single weather and day with obi cape and ring assuming cape doubles up on day +weather which I haven't read up enough to know if it does

Also af3+2 pants might be better anyways not even counting set bonus. I mean situationally (read full set) morri legs used to be better
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Torvak
Serveur: Bismarck
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2011-03-20 11:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i found AF2 pants to be useless if you had sea obis equipped. Sea obis and AF2 hands used to be good for MB. I wonder if the cape or ring is worth the INT loss though? I'm really loving using sea obis to nuke with atm, those worms in la theine hate me^^
 Leviathan.Novax
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-03-20 11:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Uh the only time af2 legs aren't good when using them w/ obi is on double weather since obi will give you capped dmg for that day/weather.

iirc.
 Titan.Bomber
Serveur: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-03-20 11:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Thefakechibo said:
You can have weather in abyssea /SCH already gives you wind,rain,earth weather by 99 we BLM will have ice weather whenever we want =)
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-10 10:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Torvak said:
Yeah i found AF2 pants to be useless if you had sea obis equipped.

Not true as such...

Leviathan.Novax said:
Uh the only time af2 legs aren't good when using them w/ obi is on double weather since obi will give you capped dmg for that day/weather.

iirc.

Correct.

I used to use this before full af3+2 sorc tonban seemed to do marginally more dmg than goetia chausses+2 when day/weather matched the spell. Ghost in NW Apollyon was about 2330 waterja with tonban and 2310ish with goetia same for flood2 iirc.

Now I use this.

Once you get full af3+2 put your sorc tonban in your satchel imo maybe they will become useful again but with such a small difference between goetia and sorc tonban to begin with now with the chance of full set bonus on af3+2 probably best to not use af2 at all.

Most so far for me is 9660 fire5 on firesday with the above build beyond/minkin/ultimate int curor buff, no drinks or cor, smn buffs on a peapuk in vunk. Managed about 2960 aero5 with proc on kaiser behemoth windsday (part proc?) and 3930 aero5 on faffy floor4 NW apollyon on watersday full double dmg proc, could of been 4k on windsday.
[+]