Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23
 Bismarck.Lilinett
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: kidmavado
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-19 14:06:18
Link | Citer | R

i think the update will give the few rangers who actually play ranger a trick ability that last 3 min and recast 5 min a fighting chance i love to hit big number but as they say we got no defence and sub sam will not save you so am looking forward to that and a few of the other gears plus level 95 we should be hitting even harder lets go rangers.
 Carbuncle.Samir
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-09-19 14:36:58
Link | Citer | R

People will still find stupid excuses to not let you come play rng. Something like "ranged attacks feed lots of tp..." or the kind.

Anyway, anyone wondered if this could actually be abit broken if there are no limits? (Like for example: only 1 RNG can use it on 1 specific person at a time).
I mean, you could just throw in 1-2 Tanks and place a rng army behind them and no rng would even get hurt no matter how much he damages.
By oncura 2011-09-19 17:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Samir said: »
People will still find stupid excuses to not let you come play rng. Something like "ranged attacks feed lots of tp..." or the kind.

Anyway, anyone wondered if this could actually be abit broken if there are no limits? (Like for example: only 1 RNG can use it on 1 specific person at a time).
I mean, you could just throw in 1-2 Tanks and place a rng army behind them and no rng would even get hurt no matter how much he damages.

and thats a bad thing 8D?
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-02 06:35:28
Link | Citer | R

I got a question regarding grip/strap. I see many people using Gatta Strap +1 for dex/str +3. I considered the Brave Grip for +3 Critical Dmg. For me it seems better, especially inside Abyssea but then again i am not sure, is there a Cap or something?

Another difficult decission is AF3+2 legs vs. Byakko's Haidate. They seem pretty close, any advises on this one?
 Asura.Vrytreya
Serveur: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-04 22:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Didn't they promise they'll give us subtle blow effects trait (or JA) on future update as well?
By Greever 2011-10-10 09:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Recently my ls has started to do voidwatch, with plans of it becomming our main event (since we have like 8 or 9 emperyans to upgrade).

ive already been told that for the most part ill be rng every event (yay!). So i have to consider my jishnu's set for voidwatch. I did it last week, windy path T1 to T4 and had no problems with rng acc (lvl 95 but uncapped skill) with the use of either sole sushi or pot-au-feu.

But during this, i was using my abyssea rng setup for jishnu's and have been reconsidering my setup for jishnu's outside since ill be using rng exclusivly for voidwatch.

anwig +15 ws acc +2% ws dmg
haidate +2 stp +4 crit dmg

currently what i use when i get the chance to actually rng inside of abyssea.

this is something i threw together as a base to start at. I have everything in that set but the brave grip and mantle (which wont be a problem to get)

some questions come to mind when i thought about this set. first and formost, would adding dex do better overall then adding crit dmg? my first thought is yes, but im not exactly sure.

main things to change would be grip, back and waist. Other options might be loki's for af3, but would the str and rng att cover the loss of crit dmg and dex outside of abyssea? Also switching out hands for hunter's bracers +1 (dont have the hachiryu hands) inplace of sylvan +2?

*edit*
forgot to mention that im almost always /sam
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-10 11:34:16
Link | Citer | R

I got to use RNG on my LS last Voidwatch run (did T1 to T4 Sandy path).

I didn't do any accurate testings, but sometimes i threw in a Siewinder for fun and it did almost the same dmg as my Jishnu's, which was kinda sad. I guess, outside of the "Critical Hit Paradise" Abyssea, this WS isn't that amazing, but still it did average higher than the others of course. (Note i don't have a Gandiva, just Harrier+2).
I went /SAM and my Archery isn't capped yet (370 ish), used Yellow Curry and had no problems hitting the Mobs.

Anyway, i was wondering, if maybe it might be worth a try to swap in more R-Att instead of crit-dmg+ or dex, since outside Abyssea it didn't seem too common to get lots of crits on the WS to me, but then again i am not sure. In Example, i considered putting in AF3+2 pants instead of Haidates for the R-Att. and the "sweet spot Bonus".
Anyone ever really tested this out?
My WS Setup looked like this

I know, i still miss a few items like Loki's Kaftan.
For example my haidates only got AGI+2 Aug. on it, didn't get lucky with synergie yet. Also my Salada goes back to the times when Sidewider was the ws to use, so it has STR, Ratt, Racc, WS-Acc on it. But i am actually planing to get the Cuauhtli Headpiece, just waiting for it to drop abit more ;)
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-10-13 16:47:56
Link | Citer | R

You shouldnt talk down on a ws while youre reppin a fake weapon. Thats like getting mad because your son's toy gun doesnt work the same as your rifle lol. Ive watched this thread for a while and although theres some gear you'll ws in both inside/outside abys, ***is situational. Af3+2 legs can outwork byakkos and same with lokis/af3+2 body. I could explain but its been done already i believe. i want to see newer/more interesting pieces to try to fit into ws sets. Id also like to see a good -enmity set to compare to, thanks.
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-13 16:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
You shouldnt talk down on a ws while youre reppin a fake weapon. Thats like getting mad because your son's toy gun doesnt work the same as your rifle lol. Ive watched this thread for a while and although theres some gear you'll ws in both inside/outside abys, ***is situational. Af3+2 legs can outwork byakkos and same with lokis/af3+2 body. I could explain but its been done already i believe. i want to see newer/more interesting pieces to try to fit into ws sets. Id also like to see a good -enmity set to compare to, thanks.

I really fail to see where +2 legs will EVER beat haidate, even without an augment. 15 dex in one slot is pretty overpowering, especially when there are many other options for RATK in other slots - back, head, feet etc.

I got to use RNG on my LS last Voidwatch run (did T1 to T4 Sandy path).

I didn't do any accurate testings, but sometimes i threw in a Siewinder for fun and it did almost the same dmg as my Jishnu's, which was kinda sad. I guess, outside of the "Critical Hit Paradise" Abyssea, this WS isn't that amazing, but still it did average higher than the others of course. (Note i don't have a Gandiva, just Harrier+2).
I went /SAM and my Archery isn't capped yet (370 ish), used Yellow Curry and had no problems hitting the Mobs.

Anyway, i was wondering, if maybe it might be worth a try to swap in more R-Att instead of crit-dmg+ or dex, since outside Abyssea it didn't seem too common to get lots of crits on the WS to me, but then again i am not sure. In Example, i considered putting in AF3+2 pants instead of Haidates for the R-Att. and the "sweet spot Bonus".
Anyone ever really tested this out?
My WS Setup looked like this

I know, i still miss a few items like Loki's Kaftan.
For example my haidates only got AGI+2 Aug. on it, didn't get lucky with synergie yet. Also my Salada goes back to the times when Sidewider was the ws to use, so it has STR, Ratt, Racc, WS-Acc on it. But i am actually planing to get the Cuauhtli Headpiece, just waiting for it to drop abit more ;)

If sidewinder is coming close to your jishnu's at ALL, quit rng. You should be pulling off 800~1k winders on moderate def targets, compared to 1.5~2k jishnus at the very least (average).
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-13 17:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Ok for my contribution to the thread....

Lokis Kaftan inside will (almost) always be #1.

Outside, augmented kirins osode with 3% crit dmg is a good rival on new content. 2 str lower than caban, 1dex/2% crit lower than loki, but combines the best of both worlds.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-10-13 18:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, its situational. When in the "sweet spot" stacked with af3+2 body/velocity shot, af3+2 legs will triumph over byakko's inside abys for WS's. DEX cant only help so much there before RNG attack becomes more beneficial with capped crit dmg. Outside abys, Loki's/Byakko's will destroy af3+2 stuff due to not having capped crit dmg/already super high DEX with other good DEX gear.
 Ragnarok.Matix
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-13 18:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Seiri said: »

Outside, augmented kirins osode with 3% crit dmg is a good rival on new content. 2 str lower than caban, 1dex/2% crit lower than loki, but combines the best of both worlds.

I believe i saw atoreis math out that osode with crit rate(even +1%) would beat lokis when outside. Also, from what i understand, nothing in general will beat critical hit rate items when outside. Not sure if your crit dmg was a typo or not ;o
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-13 22:55:52
Link | Citer | R

I really fail to see where +2 legs will EVER beat haidate, even without an augment. 15 dex in one slot is pretty overpowering, especially when there are many other options for RATK in other slots - back, head, feet etc.
It's actually close.

12 ratk (13~14 during V.shot up) to your... let's assume 500 base ratk (and 575 ratk during V.Shot up). and since pDIF is almost linear to the increase of cRatio (and hence, Δratk as well), then for this we'll use Δratk~=ΔpDIF.

13.5 ratk on top of 575 ratk is 2.3% increase. And true shot +1 is 1.07/1.05 = 1.9% dmg increase. Together, they net 4.24% damage increase with 3% critical hit rate.

As for byakko, 15 DEX worth 8~9 base damage. Assuming you already have 200 base damage (shouldn't be that hard to achieve this), 8~9 base damage worth 3.7% damage boost.
If you have 192 base damage, then it's 4.1666% damage boost.

I think it's best if you plug your number in, and see which one is the best. All in all, the base damage worth is different from low base damage weapon and high base damage weapon. When weapon base damage is very big (like bow, scythe, polearm, great sword, gkt), attacks start play more important role because it's easier to increase %damage by atk rather than increasing base damage 1-by-1.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-10-14 09:37:59
Link | Citer | R

@ Seiri
No offense, but that's some kinda of a totally useless posting. You can already tell by my gear that i am just starting.
I've been away from FFXI for 2 years and now i come back and things are very different for ranger. Cause basicly JR, which is your main dmg ws now, has pretty much different requirements (outside of r-att), than the WS, which used to be the main dmg ws back then (Sidewinder).
And of course, my JR were still like 300-500 higher than Sidewinder, but the difference was nowhere near the difference inside abyssea, of course. I guess it depends very much on IF you get criticals. Thats why assumed that AF+2 legs might be an option, cause they give Critical hit Rate+ too, Crit-DMG+ doesn't help if you don't score a critical hit.

@Vrytreya
Very nice comparison, thanks.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-14 11:17:53
Link | Citer | R

@ Seiri
No offense, but that's some kinda of a totally useless posting. You can already tell by my gear that i am just starting.
I've been away from FFXI for 2 years and now i come back and things are very different for ranger. Cause basicly JR, which is your main dmg ws now, has pretty much different requirements (outside of r-att), than the WS, which used to be the main dmg ws back then (Sidewinder).
And of course, my JR were still like 300-500 higher than Sidewinder, but the difference was nowhere near the difference inside abyssea, of course. I guess it depends very much on IF you get criticals. Thats why assumed that AF+2 legs might be an option, cause they give Critical hit Rate+ too, Crit-DMG+ doesn't help if you don't score a critical hit.

@Vrytreya
Very nice comparison, thanks.

No offence taken, and im sorry if i was offensive. My point was that, due to significantly higher mods, JR should destroy sidewinder by a good degree even outside.

Ragnarok.Matix said: »

I believe i saw atoreis math out that osode with crit rate(even +1%) would beat lokis when outside. Also, from what i understand, nothing in general will beat critical hit rate items when outside. Not sure if your crit dmg was a typo or not ;o

Nah wasnt a typo, but i'll admit that i havent tested a crit rate osode vs a crit dmg osode, so i'll bow to your knowledge here.

Asura.Vrytreya said: »

It's actually close.

12 ratk (13~14 during V.shot up) to your... let's assume 500 base ratk (and 575 ratk during V.Shot up). and since pDIF is almost linear to the increase of cRatio (and hence, Δratk as well), then for this we'll use Δratk~=ΔpDIF.

13.5 ratk on top of 575 ratk is 2.3% increase. And true shot +1 is 1.07/1.05 = 1.9% dmg increase. Together, they net 4.24% damage increase with 3% critical hit rate.

As for byakko, 15 DEX worth 8~9 base damage. Assuming you already have 200 base damage (shouldn't be that hard to achieve this), 8~9 base damage worth 3.7% damage boost.
If you have 192 base damage, then it's 4.1666% damage boost.

I think it's best if you plug your number in, and see which one is the best. All in all, the base damage worth is different from low base damage weapon and high base damage weapon. When weapon base damage is very big (like bow, scythe, polearm, great sword, gkt), attacks start play more important role because it's easier to increase %damage by atk rather than increasing base damage 1-by-1.

Cheers for this, my calc came out with haidate winning by over a %, but i do have higher ratk generally than 500, so the returns from +2 legs would be smaller.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2011-10-14 17:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Glad i could help.
By Greever 2011-10-16 11:56:09
Link | Citer | R

This is the set im planing to use for jishnu's outside of abyssea.

anwig - 15 wc acc, 2 ws dmg
osode - +1 crit hit rate.

this set will give me 17% crit hit rate counting merits, w/o counting dex factors.

Things im wondering about:

ive been looking at the whole kirin set today and saw that seiryu kotes and byakko's haidate can get crit hit rate. Im assuming that byakkos with crit hit rate will beat sylvan legs. idk about switching seiryu's for sylvan hands though since ill be losing 10 str and 6.3 rng acc and attack.

rancor collar will be interchangeable with light gorget depending on what im fighting(pot-au-few will probably be my food of choice vs Voidwatch nms).

im kinda split between the grip, im not sure if it will work for ranged attacks. Also thinking of making moonshade earring with damage bonus based on tp + rng att on it.

Edit: disreguard what i said about byakko's haidate it seems that wiki is wrong (yet again)
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-10-16 23:21:48
Link | Citer | R

The time you'd want Sylvan Bragues +2 instead of Haidate is when:
- You know you won't cap dDEX with Haidate
- You absolutely need the 9 sTP from it to keep your x-hit build.

Also light/flame gorget/belt is pretty much irreplaceable until you can find something like 16 DEX or 16STR each on both slots. Gorget and Belt together is 4.5% damage increase total.
By javelinx 2011-10-17 00:37:46
Link | Citer | R

crit dmg+4, stp+5, agi+6 are the top augments for byakkos that you would want for JR...I would think that would top bragues+2 in most scenarios
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-17 00:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Aias Bonnet or Maat's Cap for WS? 1 DEX, 1 STR vs. 7 AGI

Anwig is not an option.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-10-17 01:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Greever said: »
This is the set im planing to use for jishnu's outside of abyssea.

anwig - 15 wc acc, 2 ws dmg
osode - +1 crit hit rate.

this set will give me 17% crit hit rate counting merits, w/o counting dex factors.

Things im wondering about:

ive been looking at the whole kirin set today and saw that seiryu kotes and byakko's haidate can get crit hit rate. Im assuming that byakkos with crit hit rate will beat sylvan legs. idk about switching seiryu's for sylvan hands though since ill be losing 10 str and 6.3 rng acc and attack.

rancor collar will be interchangeable with light gorget depending on what im fighting(pot-au-few will probably be my food of choice vs Voidwatch nms).

im kinda split between the grip, im not sure if it will work for ranged attacks. Also thinking of making moonshade earring with damage bonus based on tp + rng att on it.

Edit: disreguard what i said about byakko's haidate it seems that wiki is wrong (yet again)
Everything i've seen indicates Claymore does not work for ranged.
By javelinx 2011-10-17 04:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Aias Bonnet or Maat's Cap for WS? 1 DEX, 1 STR vs. 7 AGI

Anwig is not an option.

str+4, ws acc+15, dex+4, crit dmg+2

vs, str/dex/agi+7

vs, str/dex+8..acc doesnt matter if its not racc

....wah? how is anwig not comparable to those?u know a direct +2% crit dmg, stacked with all your other crit dmg+ gear goes a long way, longer than a 3-4 dex different if your capping dDEX...and expecially on VW mobs u may need that ws acc+15
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-17 04:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Anwig is not an option.
javelinx said: »

....wah? how is anwig not comparable to those?u know a direct +2% crit dmg, stacked with all your other crit dmg+ gear goes a long way, longer than a 3-4 dex different if your capping dDEX...and expecially on VW mobs u may need that ws acc+15
They play BST is my guess..

Edit: yep, they do
By javelinx 2011-10-17 04:35:31
Link | Citer | R

lol
By Greever 2011-10-17 12:51:54
Link | Citer | R

well im looking to crit more. what good is crit dmg + if u dont crit. atm i have the crit dmg + haidate (not best augements but i have +4% crit dmg).

i honestly had a brain fart when it came to the elemental belt. but do u know how belt + rancor collar vs. gorget + belt would stack up?

really sucks the grip wont work. anyone else consider the moonshade earring with dmg based on tp?

im almost 100% positive that ill only use rng for voidwatch so im not even bothering with an abyssea setup anymore.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-10-18 15:02:50
Link | Citer | R

ok quick question..it just dawned on me that i never actually looked this info up but...u cant lose a broken lu rod during synthsis right?
Dunno what this has to do with RNG, but no, you can't. Only if you're synthing it while on the boat and it starts to dock.
By Greever 2011-10-18 15:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said: »
ok quick question..it just dawned on me that i never actually looked this info up but...u cant lose a broken lu rod during synthsis right?
Dunno what this has to do with RNG, but no, you can't. Only if you're synthing it while on the boat and it starts to dock.

lol sorry, thougth i was in the fishing forum, just got my serpent KI and gonna start questing my ebisu soon
 Siren.Wilimac
user: Wilimac
By Siren.Wilimac 2011-10-19 03:01:10
Link | Citer | R

This is my current ws build in abyssea. The daggers have Crit damage 5 and 6%. Haidate has crit damage 4% with stp 4.

For outside abyssea I use a Vulcan's Staff and Lebeccio mantle. What other changes can I add for outside Abyssea.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23