Jishnu's Radiance Build
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-24 19:12:19
Link | Citer | R

6-7k on worms, almost all of the time. I'm actually asking a gambling forum I go to for a full-on analysis of expected damage, I'll link you when I get my post finished.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-07-24 19:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said:
6-7k on worms, almost all of the time. I'm actually asking a gambling forum I go to for a full-on analysis of expected damage, I'll link you when I get my post finished.

Vermes in Tahrongi Canyon or?
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-24 19:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh sorry, La Theine. I've halfassed my arrows every time (Iron, or at best demon) because I'm already one shotting them. I haven't used my ranger on anything fun, 85 Gandiva too. My overall build is pretty good, I'll post it after I'm done with this other post.
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-24 19:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Curty said:
RR+Dead Aim+Auged Daggers+Lokis+AugedByakko+anwig is

30+40+12+5+4+2 = 95% which seeems close enough to put in stout arm over SS, although of couse this requires /nin or /dnc. /sam Sanguine scythe still adds +11% crit damage and stuff gets more complicated.

True, but any RNG that knows what they're doing will never go /nin or /dnc.

Shiva.Msthief said:
Traditionally, I choose GH over SS. 25% from ddex, 30% from rr, MAX 15% from 100% tp so... 70% - your chances of getting 3/3 crits is .7^3= 34%. Adding GH to that is .9^3= 73%. So just looking at this information, you'll double your chance of doing "maximum" damage - letting you make your own "conclusions" about this. I'll see if I can bust out my matlab or mathematica tonight, but I think 20% crit rate would easily outdo 20% crit damage on these multi-hit WS's - it's like people choosing accuracy over every other stat for asuran.

You're assuming there's no additional critical hit rate gear. Empyrean legs, merits, fencer if /war, etc.

GH SS RR is the best combo for any RNG at the moment, even without jishnu's.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-24 19:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Is what I'm using.

I'm working on a way to evaluate expected values of GH vs. SS and will post here later tonight or tomorrow afternoon when I get answers from some friends. That was an overly simplified way to state that critical hit rate has a drastic improvement on your expected Jishnu's value. Although, eventually, crit hit rate might not outperform a crit hit damage increase and that value is what I'm trying to figure out.
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-25 00:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Well, I had nothing better to do on a Sunday so... Theoretical 3-hit WS that can crit

Conclusions:
- GH outperforms SS by only 1-2%. Error because of small sample size could swing it either way, but it's safe to assume they're more or less equal and neither blows the other out of the water (I thought GH would destroy SS).
- Adding SS to GH+RR increases your overall damage by ~15%. The question is, does SD increase your damage by more than 15%? I vote that it does.
- The higher the defense of the mob, the more important GH is (expected, verified by data). This is because when you crit your PDIF gets a bonus of 1, so .5>1.5 is an increase of 300%. Whereas 1>2 is an increase of 200%.
- Unfortunately the difference is so small it's impossible to state which one works better for overall damage. Against tougher mobs use GH, on really weak mobs it's a toss-up... so why not just prepare for the worst all the time?

Special notes:
- Very small sample size. There should only be a 10% difference between the largest and smallest damage values, so I'm missing something.
- Yes, I ignored ftp values, misses, and WSC. All these would do is increase my variance, but the comparisons will stick and comparisons are all we really care about. This is because even though that first hit might get a 1.75 ftp multiplier, you never know if that's the one that will crit or miss.
- I assumed capped ddex in every situation, if your ddex isn't capped then the crit rate from GH does even more as stated in the next note.
- The more crit rate you have, the less adding more does until you reach a value of 100%. Look at a graph of 1/(x^2) (absolute value of the derivative of (x+1)/x which describes % change after adding 1% crit rate). It levels off from an an infinite value to negligible amounts. This leads to a secondary study I did that blew my mind:

GH, RR, Loki's vs. SS, RR, Emp +2 body on Jin.

- The latter actually wins in a theoretical matchup that doesn't include the attack and accuracy from the +2 body. Just something to think about, Loki's isn't necessarily amazing.

If someone can give me information on hundreds of attacks, I'd love to plug it and see where it leads. This entire thing is only about overall damage, for almost every situation the 50 agi from GH is more important than anything SS will give you.

Edit: In the non-food part I have a PDIF of ~1 without a crit, in the food part my PDIF is ~1.65. So even if my values are off, these are solid PDIF values for many things we fight in the game (in other words, the small sample size pumped out good theoretical numbers at worst).
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-25 23:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Would it be right to assume that K. Osode would be best body piece if crit hit damage is capped via atma and velocity shot is not in use (I use kraken club sometimes)?

Also, does anyone know when +2 body velocity shot bonus is active? Does it need to be only on when ability is used? Can you use ability in another body and then switch to +2 body for the bonus? Does using the ability in the body and then switching to another and then back to +2 lose the bonus? Thanks, if anyone knows haha!
 Siren.Deric
Serveur: Siren
user: Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-07-26 07:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Curty said:

Also, does anyone know when +2 body velocity shot bonus is active? Does it need to be only on when ability is used? Can you use ability in another body and then switch to +2 body for the bonus? Does using the ability in the body and then switching to another and then back to +2 lose the bonus? Thanks, if anyone knows haha!

Its active as long as the body piece is equipped and VS is activated. You can take it off and put it back on and its still in effect. Thus you can macro in other pieces for WSing as you like.
By Greever 2011-07-26 12:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Few quick questions about gear for jinshu's.

first off i wanna state that i will most likely only use rng for outside of abyssea events maily because im one of the main mnk tanks for my ls. I'll only use rng inside abyssea if im messing around or i dont have to actually tank that night and we have every other job needed, but i would still like some answers to some abyssea content.
also im looking for more of a well rounded ws setup, in abyssea and out, even though rng is my fav job....i dont get to use it enough to to make up diffrent sets for every situation.

abyssea questions:

im planing to use SS,GH, RR atmas. With that said, AF3+2 > loki's? Because of atmas and abyssites my dex should be really high so rng att > dex (mainly looking at earring, ring and feet slots, i have jalzahn's ring, relic feet and clearview earring)?

outside abyssea:

af3 +2 legs = byakko's? (+1% crit dmg)
Dex > Str > rng att?
af3+2 body > loki's?

General question:

would breeze gorget/belt work in place of light?
can aftermath proc on EES?
 Carbuncle.Samir
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Samir
By Carbuncle.Samir 2011-08-09 11:42:44
Link | Citer | R

Hey, i think i have some questions here, too. Like mentioned in another thread, i stopped FFXI Pre-Abyssea and just came back recently.
So from my understanding, the whole ws thing went from "lolmodifiers, go with STR/ratt" in 2009 to "get crithit rate / crit-dmg+ and dex before anything" in 2011 (for Jishnu's at least)?

So inside Abyssea this is because u simply cap out the STR thanks to buffs and Atmas? So you have to put on Dex for the WS mod?
I understand the part with the Criticals and therefor there are Amazing Atmas as well.
So as you can get crithit+ very high thanks to Atmas, Merits and Gear (close to cap even?), the Dex is primary for the DMG Mod on the WS than for boosting Critical hit rate?

But what about outside Abyssea? Would you really go with Dex over Str there, too? I mean for example using Hachiryu Hands over the AF+2 gloves?

Are there any testings about this?

Sorry to bother you with this but this seems somehow confusing to me, as well as somehow HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE by SE to not use Str or at least Agi as Modifier for a RNG ws. Pre-Abyssea Dex was for RNG kinda like Vit or Chr, pretty useless.
But then again, we know how much SE loves to screw the Rangers ;)
 Siren.Froggis
Serveur: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-08-14 06:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this because I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but...

/nin might be cool with martial axe/martial knife to maximize crit rate on ws
(outside aby)

granted you will only get lv 1 aftermath, but might be fun
 Cerberus.Mystina
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 15:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Based on the fact Raidiance is a critical based WS would brave grip stacked with cavaros mantle (total 6.3% critical damage boost) not be a better option? tho i have hard time thinking it would outdo the ranged attack mantle +20 but i could be wrong.

As far as atmas go i'v been using

RR, Stout arm and SS this seems to keep consistant high numbers, (4k-7k+) or does anyone have recommendations for something that will outdo those atmas. No i am not reading through all the pages, but the basic gist would be nice.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-08-16 15:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Jishnus set thus-far. Fairly consistent damage from it. Only thing I'm missing is another DEX earring, which I'm holding off on until the level cap update. (God knows something new will come out to trump them.)

Only thing I could really swap out is my Anwig with STR/AGI/WSacc/WSdmg+2% depending on what/where I'm fighting.
Typical RR/GH/SS atmas of choice.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-16 16:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Samir said: »
Hey, i think i have some questions here, too. Like mentioned in another thread, i stopped FFXI Pre-Abyssea and just came back recently.
So from my understanding, the whole ws thing went from "lolmodifiers, go with STR/ratt" in 2009 to "get crithit rate / crit-dmg+ and dex before anything" in 2011 (for Jishnu's at least)?

So inside Abyssea this is because u simply cap out the STR thanks to buffs and Atmas? So you have to put on Dex for the WS mod?
I understand the part with the Criticals and therefor there are Amazing Atmas as well.
So as you can get crithit+ very high thanks to Atmas, Merits and Gear (close to cap even?), the Dex is primary for the DMG Mod on the WS than for boosting Critical hit rate?

But what about outside Abyssea? Would you really go with Dex over Str there, too? I mean for example using Hachiryu Hands over the AF+2 gloves?

Are there any testings about this?

Sorry to bother you with this but this seems somehow confusing to me, as well as somehow HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE by SE to not use Str or at least Agi as Modifier for a RNG ws. Pre-Abyssea Dex was for RNG kinda like Vit or Chr, pretty useless.
But then again, we know how much SE loves to screw the Rangers ;)

The modifier for jishnu's is fairly high compared to sidewinder/slugshot, 60%, so dex actually does have quite an impact. The other reason for stacking dex is it will increase your critical hit rate. Your 2009 mindset is not entirely wrong though. Without worrying about critical hit rate, the AF3 gloves should outperform hachiryu outside abyssea. I kinda just rephrased what you already said, but you were on the right track. Also, AF3 body should outperform loki's as well with the large boost to velocity shot ranged attack. This would only be true outside abyssea.
Siren.Froggis said: »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this because I'm too lazy to read through the posts, but...

/nin might be cool with martial axe/martial knife to maximize crit rate on ws
(outside aby)

granted you will only get lv 1 aftermath, but might be fun

Martial weapons do not work for anything other than themselves. I believe you're getting confused with the ToM tp bonus weapons, which ranger does not have access to.

Phoenix.Oumura said: »
Jishnus set thus-far. Fairly consistent damage from it. Only thing I'm missing is another DEX earring, which I'm holding off on until the level cap update. (God knows something new will come out to trump them.)

Only thing I could really swap out is my Anwig with STR/AGI/WSacc/WSdmg+2% depending on what/where I'm fighting.
Typical RR/GH/SS atmas of choice.

You're also missing a rancor collar.

Edit: Based on other empyreans, rancor does seem to be the best neck outside and inside abyssea. I'd assume the same would be true of ranger, but I'm not 100% sure.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-08-18 06:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mystina said: »
Based on the fact Raidiance is a critical based WS would brave grip stacked with cavaros mantle (total 6.3% critical damage boost) not be a better option? tho i have hard time thinking it would outdo the ranged attack mantle +20 but i could be wrong.

RR, Stout arm and SS this seems to keep consistant high numbers, (4k-7k+) or does anyone have recommendations for something that will outdo those atmas. No i am not reading through all the pages, but the basic gist would be nice.
With the atma's you're using, no, those two pieces would add 0% damage since you're already capped from trait and atma's.

Also, wondering why Loki's is still the choice after Dead Aim update? 1 dex and 2 ratt over osode (with possible augments) or AF3 body even? Thoughts please.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-08-18 06:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said: »

With the atma's you're using, no, those two pieces would add 0% damage since you're already capped from trait and atma's.

Also, wondering why Loki's is still the choice after Dead Aim update? 1 dex and 2 ratt over osode (with possible augments) or AF3 body even? Thoughts please.

Loki's is still typically used to cap Crit Damage +. Dead Aim gives 40%, RR is 30%, SS is 20%. need 10% from gear. i use Salage with WSdmg/Crit Dmg, Haidate with Crit dmg, and Lokis.

Dont have the screenshots, but right after getting JR, i did 8400+ to both of the Dvergr NMs in vunkurl. /war, zerk/RCB/velo shot as only buffs (no temps or brd/cor buffs) needless to say, my shell was happy over the time investment
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-08-18 06:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Loki's is still typically used to cap Crit Damage +. Dead Aim gives 40%, RR is 30%, SS is 20%. need 10% from gear. i use Salage with WSdmg/Crit Dmg, Haidate with Crit dmg, and Lokis.

Dont have the screenshots, but right after getting JR, i did 8400+ to both of the Dvergr NMs in vunkurl. /war, zerk/RCB/velo shot as only buffs (no temps or brd/cor buffs) needless to say, my shell was happy over the time investment
30% according to wiki.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-08-18 07:09:13
Link | Citer | R

30% according to wiki.

hmm, thought i read somewhere that it either it was 20%, or crit damage capped at 50% from atmas. i stand corrected. time to adjust my inside abyssea sets
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-08-20 16:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know what the base critical rate for 100% TP Jishnu's is?

Ukko's is supposedly +30%, it would make building a 100% crit Jishnu's set a lot easier if I had an idea of what the bonus is
 Sylph.Kiaru
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-20 16:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Blade: hi is 20%
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-08-21 14:54:16
Link | Citer | R

It feels like I'm pretty close in aby w/ GH, only hit lower numbers once every 10 or so WS's using Rancor Collar and Light Earring w/ +1% crit rate(for lack of dex earring). I have no idea how dDEX works for ranged attacks though @_@;;
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-21 15:20:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Blade: hi is 20%

Not what you said here!
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Blade: hi is 15%, jin is probably 15% too.

Being bad at the only job you have an empyrean for now too :(
You're either making these values up based on eyeballing, or you were wrong in the Blade: Jin thread, and based on the lack of source/spontaneity of the change, I'd have to say it's the former rather than the latter
[+]
 Phoenix.Tamiflu
user: Tamiflu
By Phoenix.Tamiflu 2011-08-21 16:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why nobody pointed this out, but Dead Aim does NOT work on Ranged Crit WS, only affects your normal ranged attacks.
So while SS (30%) + RR (30%) + DA (40%) will cap your critical hit dmg on ranged attacks, you will only have 60% crit dmg for Jishnu's without any additional gear.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-08-21 21:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tamiflu said: »
Not sure why nobody pointed this out, but Dead Aim does NOT work on Ranged Crit WS, only affects your normal ranged attacks.
So while SS (30%) + RR (30%) + DA (40%) will cap your critical hit dmg on ranged attacks, you will only have 60% crit dmg for Jishnu's without any additional gear.

You're right and wrong. Dead Aim doesnt kick in for WS, but the normal crit damage (25% damage) does. so you would be at 85% damage with RR and SS, not 60%
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-21 22:28:23
Link | Citer | R

The innate damage bonus of crits is not part of critdmg+.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-08-23 20:04:36
Link | Citer | R

What are people sets for outside aby? Haven't seen much in that regard and I'm trying to flesh out a set there.
By Whitechapel 2011-08-25 06:49:37
Link | Citer | R

how would Cuauthli head piece work on a jinshus build?
 Cerberus.Raddmage
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-09-17 00:29:34
Link | Citer | R

gatta strap +1 or brave strap inside abyssea?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-17 00:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Phoenix.Tamiflu said: »

You're right and wrong. Dead Aim doesnt kick in for WS, but the normal crit damage (25% damage) does. so you would be at 85% damage with RR and SS, not 60%

Wrong. The base damage of ranged attack crits (25%) is NOT counted as critical hit damage. A ranged critical hit is simply a +25% damage boost. Critical hit damage gear (and dead aim) adds another % increase to this base damage boost. If critical hit damage worked like you suggest, then melee's would receive almost no effect from critical hit damage gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23