What Are The Natives Like?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » What are the natives like?
What are the natives like?
By Rustytiger 2011-01-06 17:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone.

Due to some changes, a friend of mine and possibly myself are thinking of changing servers. It is a debatable matter consdiering that A: we want to try to work things out on the current server we are with and B: if we do decide to dive into another server we want to know what we would be getting into.

Right now we are just weighing our options so there is no definate but if we do decide to change servers we would choose Phoenix since we have a few mutual friends there.

So to be blunt, what are the natives like on Phonenix and what do you all have to offer (endgame events, level statics, etc? :)?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-06 17:21:23
Link | Citer | R

no more ramuh? ;;
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-06 17:40:29
Link | Citer | R

I've always been of the opinion that different servers make little, to no difference. You're gonna meet the exact same people, doing the exact same thing. And see the exact same shouts in Jueno/Whitegate, meet the exact same friends/***. Only difference is that they have different names. I've been on Fairy/Sylph for the better part of 5 years. Prior to that, I was on Bismark. I transferred to Fairy to hang out with a RL friend that was playing. He ended up quiting less than a year later, but I really noticed no difference whatsoever. Most people that flee a server to avoid or get away from drama, often find themselves embroiled in the same drama wherever they go too. They don't escape the drama, they take it with them. I don't know what your situation is, personally, but I wish you all the luck in the world.
[+]
By Shiroineko 2011-01-06 17:46:38
Link | Citer | R

I agree wholeheartedly with Liltrouble up there.

Just don't come to Asura. All the things you hear are true.
[+]
By Serj 2011-01-06 17:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiroineko said:
I agree wholeheartedly with Liltrouble up there.

Just don't come to Asura. All the things you hear are true.

HA!
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-06 17:53:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm extremely satisfied with Caitsith. I wasn't always here, but I've been on a total of 3 different servers and it's been my preference ever since I first moved to it.

While I'm sure the other servers are good, I can safely say that Caitsith would be a good bet. ^^
 Shiva.Aaralyn
Serveur: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-01-06 18:20:08
Link | Citer | R

I was on phoenix for a few months, and after coming back to shiva, I'm having to get used to how nice people are on this server. In hindsight, compared to shiva, I don't like phoenix at all.
By Rustytiger 2011-01-06 20:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
no more ramuh? ;;

No, not quite Vin.

Truthfully, yes, we've had some endgame LS issues with a group which we have resolved in our own way but in a peacefull manner mind you. But because of this change as well as how Abyssea changed things as well we are weighing our options. We don't want to leave Ramuh with people thinking we left on a sour note but we want to log on and have a good time with FFXI, not deal with constant drama.

Personally I do want to try to ride this all out on Ramuh as much as I can and after reading everyone's views here it is true that nothing will change in some aspects.

Everyone's views are appreciated and you folks have given me something to think about more thoroughly.

I thank you.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-12 18:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix is a chill server. There's one major dominant LS, a few that our semi- dominant, but other than that, everyone else is semi-core. It all depends what you re looking for. We aren't really a cutthroat server and people are fairly decent. You get the odd ***, but that's every server.

We aren't overally populated. We circle around the 2k population mark everytime I /sea all. Depends on what you re looking for I guess.
 Phoenix.Raubrucian
By Phoenix.Raubrucian 2011-01-26 19:17:30
Link | Citer | R

yep pretty much what wacka said
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2011-01-26 19:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Rustytiger said:
Hello everyone. Due to some changes, a friend of mine and possibly myself are thinking of changing servers. It is a debatable matter consdiering that A: we want to try to work things out on the current server we are with and B: if we do decide to dive into another server we want to know what we would be getting into. Right now we are just weighing our options so there is no definate but if we do decide to change servers we would choose Phoenix since we have a few mutual friends there. So to be blunt, what are the natives like on Phonenix and what do you all have to offer (endgame events, level statics, etc? :)?

Okiro is an ethug. He will *** your ***up. BE AFRAID.