December SCH
First Page 2
 Asura.Chefm
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-06 15:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Alot has happened for SCH from 75 to 90 with JA and gear. So what gear set do you have now for your updated SCH with Dark Arts and Light Arts.
This is mine:
Light Art.

and Dark Arts

/w AF body+2 and element obs

but lets see all you SCHs out there and lets see your gear sets.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-01-06 15:42:05
Link | Citer | R

How are you equipping the Twilight Cloak... and the Bonnet+2....
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2011-01-06 15:43:36
Link | Citer | R

I think you have to cut a hole in the Twilight Cloak. Where did I put those scissors...
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-06 15:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Congrats on the +2 body, its really nice. Please tell me you have more than 2 sets for your SCH. I would be really sad if you said nope

I find it awesome that SCH has better nuking gear now than BLM does.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ebry
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2011-01-06 22:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, i'm gonna call BS on you owning a majority of this gear. I've seen your SCH.. and your other jobs. No way :/

Ps. By all means, flame my gear :P I've barely played since July :P
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-01-06 23:31:09
Link | Citer | R

if that seriously is a Lizard strap +1, should be shot lol. At least get a Raptor Strap +1... you're getting the HP and MP, + 2 MND!
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2011-01-06 23:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Idle Sets would be nice, for both, rly. i.e. earth staff instead of light staff, swap to light for curing, or w/e you need em for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-06 23:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Love the INT gear and -MND for that Light Arts set, yo.

Edit: MP gear in 2011?
[+]
 Shiva.Ravager
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-01-06 23:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Hey OP, why you gotta lie on the internet?
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-07 00:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Somewhere in this thread, you'll find a homam head.
By Enternius 2011-01-07 00:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Insult completely uninvolved people.

Think highly of self because of it.
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-07 00:39:02
Link | Citer | R

wow . what someone cant have a dream set ? . You just got to go out and just be dumb about it .... I never said i had any of these geez people these days .... all i want to do is start a forum asking people wht they think and what other people gear set look like . Geezz Cat. and Ebry -.- i dont even know you and ur schs abilitys ... and i dont see ur schs pimpn gear like this any ways.... All my gear sets are goal and dream and guides ... wht poeple cant have these without someone crit. them ... ? Come people

~ Beside that . Wht does everyone esle Gear set look like ?
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-01-07 00:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Didn't see OP calling that a wishlist instead of owned items. Anyways, here's my sets which use some of the new material:

First, an idle piece during sublimation (vermillion cloak when not):

The pants are augmented with PDT-4 and Movement+8%. I use desert boots with Sandstorm when it's necessary.

My precast for all spells, a mix of fast cast and conserve MP:

My typical nuking gear, assuming resists aren't a problem:

The coat is augmented with MAB+5 end ENM-4, the hat with MCRIT DMG+3, Magic Eva+1, and Darkness Skill+3. The Diamond ring has an additional INT+3 and MND+2 and spell interruption rate -3%.

For a little more INT and skill, I use:

Helices get a bit more INT pieces.

For darkness magic:

Enfeebling with dark magic:

Enfeebling with white magic:

My healing set:

Finally, a resting set:

[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-07 00:43:28
Link | Citer | R

I think if you look at his OP, his bazaar comment in the screenshot and his description on his page it is obvious English isn't his first (or best) language. Don't let that possibility stop you people from trying to make him look like a liar.

Edit: Deleting your screenshot now was completely unnecessary.
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-07 00:45:42
Link | Citer | R

His bazaar prices also imply that this isn't his primary reality.
[+]
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-07 00:48:34
Link | Citer | R

This was just suppose to be a freind meeeting of the SCH's and talking about gear. /sigh TY for ur gear sets . and so wht i have a Ruby my best firend give me for 999k . who doesnt do that.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-07 00:54:34
Link | Citer | R

why people keep forgetting the glorious Vicious Mufflers for nuking ??? they keep wearing 4-5 int gloves
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-01-07 00:56:03
Link | Citer | R

ChefM, I believe the others would play nicer if you clarify your original post to express the sets you presented as wishlists, collections of new gear you'd like to use. The original statement "So what gear set do you have now for your updated SCH with Dark Arts and Light Arts. This is mine:" made it sound like you own those pieces and use them together, which is not true. If you're not a native English speaker, it's an understandable miscommunication and nothing more.
[+]
 Shiva.Ravager
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2011-01-07 01:07:05
Link | Citer | R

What Snuffy said.
[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-01-07 01:09:32
Link | Citer | R

My nuking set (i use ice mainly in abyss due to beyond atma) i have more but i thought this set looks prettier :D

Lakshmi.Snuffy
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-01-07 01:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
why people keep forgetting the glorious Vicious Mufflers for nuking ??? they keep wearing 4-5 int gloves
I use goliards because I used to use it also for enfeebs and darkness before I got argute bracers and teal cuffs respectively, so at that point losing 1 MAB at the cost of 1 inventory for a very versatile piece. At this point I guess I just don't feel like farming the pop item and dealing with that annoying gnat. I hate to be the taru that uses inventory as an excuse, but I gotta be that taru.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-07 01:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chefm said:
Alot has happened for SCH from 75 to 90 with JA and gear. So what gear set do you have now for your updated SCH with Dark Arts and Light Arts.
This is mine:
Light Art.

and Dark Arts

/w AF body+2 and element obs

but lets see all you SCHs out there and lets see your gear sets.

Chef! there's a lot of ways in which both of those sets can actually be improved. Ill give you the first - scholar's pants over +1 or +2 Savants?
Assuming by light arts you mean healing.. therefore why are you wearing Weald gauges in LA when they give -MND..

before anyone says "who cares about mnd in abyssea when you have cruour buffs" .. well actually I do! lol and this is about all round sch.

Chrys. Torque? really? - i guess your using Aquilodium on yourself constantly then, which tbh is a waste of mp just to get your latent working in the neck piece. or your sacrificing an atma.. either way.. not efficient.

If its dream.. its not too hard to obtain.. but theres a much better set out there for being ideal
 Carbuncle.Soneldar
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Soneldar
By Carbuncle.Soneldar 2011-01-07 02:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
I hate to be the taru that uses inventory as an excuse, but I gotta be that taru.

When it comes to SCH, inventory IS an excuse these days.

Since the introduction of Abyssea, the WotG jobs finally gained access to a wide variety of end-game gear. Remember, we've been screwed out gear sets such as Abjuration, Ultima/Omega, Salvage, etc. and have not had access to some other powerful pieces of gear (Roundel's Earring comes to mind, with how much Cure Potency you can stack these days). A SCH that was 320/120 for HNM was a rare sight (and that's even if your LS let you bring SCH).

With Empyrean, Augur's, Teal, and other stand-alone pieces, the playing field is now a lot less narrow.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-07 04:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Valefor.Fmaxgluttony said:

My nuking set (i use ice mainly in abyss due to beyond atma) i have more but i thought this set looks prettier :D

Amongst all the sets I see, I like that set for nuking. I'd probably swap Tamas out for either a Galdr or Ice soul ring, however, and then focus an elementa grip in the sub slot.

Chefm, I'd probably want the +2 Empyrean body instead of the Twilight Cloak. You'll be missing the +2 Head bonuses if you utilized max damage strategems which are huge and definitely go above the difference between the two.

your set is the best for nuking atm, i would change tamas for another ring tho
 Asura.Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2011-01-07 08:52:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chefm said:
wow . what someone cant have a dream set ? . You just got to go out and just be dumb about it .... I never said i had any of these geez people these days .... all i want to do is start a forum asking people wht they think and what other people gear set look like . Geezz Cat. and Ebry -.- i dont even know you and ur schs abilitys ... and i dont see ur schs pimpn gear like this any ways.... All my gear sets are goal and dream and guides ... wht poeple cant have these without someone crit. them ... ? Come people

~ Beside that . Wht does everyone esle Gear set look like ?

You should have been clear in your OP. English -is- your first language while your in-ability to spell at your age is kinda sad. Its fine and all to have a dream set but not once did you even mention that.

Oh, and you don't know me and Cata and our schs? We were in linkshells together. You were a jerk and really, you deserved to be knocked off your high horse thinking your this super awesome sch when your not. Sorry if its mean, but next time be clear and you won't have any issues.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-07 09:17:01
Link | Citer | R

lol Ebry.. /huggles.. u two are mean.. admittedly his sch needs work..

oh well.. we cant all be epic and get away with it..

(im jsut too lazy to set up my spellcast for sch atm and using lol macro's)

:D

/hi5 Cata
 Asura.Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2011-01-07 09:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rinkydink said:
lol Ebry.. /huggles.. u two are mean.. admittedly his sch needs work..

oh well.. we cant all be epic and get away with it..

(im jsut too lazy to set up my spellcast for sch atm and using lol macro's)

:D

/hi5 Cata

:3 I don't at all claim to be epic. I know my gear isn't awesome. I haven't played much since work takes up more of my time then I care for. Its not so much being mean as he wasn't clear. ._.
First Page 2