Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Sorcerer's Ring Question
Sorcerer's Ring Question
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-06 01:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Basically.. work out what your HP should be to proc outside of abyssea (75%).. say its 720hp..

then when your in abyss do whatever you want with cruor buffs atma's etc as long as your HP is <720hp the ring with proc.. some like taking hits first some people remove the HP buff and use convert gear

I said this to an ls member last night and they didnt believe me til they took their HP down to the "pre abyssea hp proc", and it worked.

all this crap about im in abyssea i have yellow hp so it must proc.. is crap..

[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-01-06 01:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Mine proc without problem in abyssea.

Edit: Lol at ppl setting - on your post
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-01-06 02:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rinkydink said:
all this crap about im in abyssea i have yellow hp so it must proc.. is crap..
So true. There are so many people that will fight you over it with ***like "MY RING PROCS JUST FINE!" "did you test it?" "STFU NOOB I HAS YELLOW HP IT WORKS FINE!"
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-01-06 02:49:07
Link | Citer | R

idk if it's been said but you can just cancle the HP buff, which takes your HP down, then it comes back, giving you instant yellow HP..

I haven't played blm since 75 but just going by how things work now.. it doesn't even seem worth bothering with Sorc ring anymore.. the extra dmg isn't worth as much as it used to be.. seem more of pain to deal with imo.. -.-
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-06 02:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Jurai said:
idk if it's been said but you can just cancle the HP buff, which takes your HP down, then it comes back, giving you instant yellow HP..

I haven't played blm since 75 but just going by how things work now.. it doesn't even seem worth bothering with Sorc ring anymore.. the extra dmg isn't worth as much as it used to be.. seem more of pain to deal with imo.. -.-

Just yellow HP isnt enough..
You need 75% of the HP you have without cruor buffs.
So like, I need less than 704hp inside abyssea to make the ring proc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Trixta
user: trixta
By Cerberus.Trixta 2011-01-06 12:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Wow, it's been said like 5 times, just clicking off the cruor buff DOES NOT work. You must be under 75% of your BASE HP, which would be your hp without ANY buffs.

1000 hp base outside abyssea means 750 to proc, EVEN IN ABYSSEA, you have 1700 hp in abyssea and go to yellow with 1000/1700, it won't work, you would still need to go to 750/1700.

Don't believe me? Go try for yourself, use a nuke with full hp, than the buff clicked off (or your latent gear), than your base nuking hp outside of abyssea (either by means of no hp buff, or latent gear+ clicking off buff). You will see the first two have nearly the same damage, while the third options shows more damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-01-08 09:11:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the bonus from Sorcerer's ring isnt that much anymore but it is still a bonus :) Don't need those extra HP anyway. Really hard to die on BLM these days. Nuke > wait a bit > nuke > wait a bit > nuke the ***out of a nm > enmity dousse > keep nuking forever :) If you pull hate again just use mana wall. It's not hard to stay alive on blm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 10:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Yeah the bonus from Sorcerer's ring isnt that much anymore but it is still a bonus :) Don't need those extra HP anyway. Really hard to die on BLM these days. Nuke > wait a bit > nuke > wait a bit > nuke the ***out of a nm > enmity dousse > keep nuking forever :) If you pull hate again just use mana wall. It's not hard to stay alive on blm.
Pretty much though I prefer to do the manawall before the douse.
1. More mp in case it does something silly (say wipe the whole allaince besides you lol)

2. It means that you and your DD,s, healers and tanks have more hate by the time you douse and the mob is at lower hp so better chance of not pulling hate again before it dies

Interesting side note I've actually been setting atma of allure for my 3rd atma lately (MM and beyond for first 2 of course). And I pretty much cap -emnity between the 2 and nuke in like 2k mp... needless to say this is rather nice in a few ways and since I'm usually trigger more useful than baying moon.

And in case you are wondering yes there have been several incidents the entire allaince or all but 1 or 2 has wiped except me on blm lol. Usually something stupid like getting max hp downed because you tpd on rams next to behemoth boss then it meteors... And I laugh because max hp down didn't even lower my hp (neither did meteor but yeah that's manawall)
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-01-16 08:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Idkbro said:
It still works in Abyssea, even with merit abyssite. (The clicking HP trick)

I figured I would do a test with the WHM ring, and yes they still do work. (Intervals of 10% Potency, ie Templar mace, Nobles, +2 head, Serp Set+AF3 Accessories[10%]) I didn't have to use them all, but I just wanted to see:

CureI, III, V with x1 10%
CureI, III, V with x2 10%
CureI, III, V with x2 10% - 1 Replaced With Ring

Switch off either 10% piece and replace with Ring

And so on, making sure that the Cure was the same/higher when replaced/introduced to the Ring. And yes, this held true!

Tested on a friend willing to nearly kill themselves D:
I tested this yesterday in altepa. I took off all of my gear except for my medicine ring. Unloaded spellcast. Full HP cure 6 for 1401. Cancelled Cruor buff to go yellow. Cure 6 for 1401. So, it has to be 75% of main HP like sorc ring.

{EDIT}
Retested again but with cure 3 and did 20 more on cure with yellow HP. Is there some kind of cap that would cause cure 6 to be the same? idk. Going to play with it some more.