Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Savant's Loafers +1
Savant's Loafers +1
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 09:16:52
Link | Citer | R

I got these tonight and I'm a lil confused... Klimaform is such a short duration and the recast, is atrocious... Are these even worth it? I don't know what the Set Bonus really does on the +2, but as they stand for the +1, I'm not sure these are worth it...For the time being I normally nuke in Yigit shoes, and was praying that these would replace them easily. But it seems these only shine for the 30-45s or so that Klimaform is active... Thoughts? Suggestions?
 Asura.Sotek
Serveur: Asura
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-12-24 10:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Recast is manageable with gear/haste/alacrity/etc. The fact it has an annoying 60 second duration is the only thing that's keeping me from having it up full time, since I pretty damn annoying having to recast it every minute, but it's certainly doable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 10:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sotek said:
Recast is manageable with gear/haste/alacrity/etc. The fact it has an annoying 60 second duration is the only thing that's keeping me from having it up full time, since I pretty damn annoying having to recast it every minute, but it's certainly doable.

is that really worth the stratagem charge though? I'm not sure >_<
 Asura.Sotek
Serveur: Asura
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-12-24 10:40:13
Link | Citer | R

With a 5th stratagem it's certainly more worth it than it was.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 10:54:01
Link | Citer | R

perhaps when I get the +2 they will be more worthwhile.. the bonus for klima jumps from 5% dmg to +10%..which just sounds super lol
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-24 10:57:06
Link | Citer | R

It'd be nicer if klimaform stacked with the mab/macc tonic.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 10:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
It'd be nicer if klimaform stacked with the mab/macc tonic.

beg pardon? i thought the bonus dmg was calculated before MAB... what are ya talkin about here?
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-24 10:58:47
Link | Citer | R

the icon for klimaform is shared with the ascetic tonic (sp) so you can't stack them.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-24 11:20:28
Link | Citer | R

interesting...thats odd...
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2010-12-24 20:20:01
Link | Citer | R

this is true they dont stack tonic and klimaform but you can cancel the intension (macc) and rep it with klimaform for absurd amount of dmg and as for your question about the +1 i think its more of your prefrence if you like the yigit to nuke in over +1 because of the klimaform duration then stick with yigit, they also can replace your yigit it all really depends on your nuking set and preference of klimaform or no klimaform :)
 Odin.Terren
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2010-12-27 03:01:56
Link | Citer | R

I tend to primarily use the klimaform enhancement from the feet+1 with helix on NM fights ... generally by the time the helix wears, Klimaform is ready to go again. And meanwhile you can get 1-2 nukes in with that bonus damage too.

I just finished my head+2 last week, prior to that I managed a 786 MV'd cryohelix on Cep-Kamuy, I'm thinking I could break 800 now. All those little bonuses from sch gear add up, just takes a lot of little spells and strategems to activate them all at once.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2010-12-27 17:55:38
Link | Citer | R

I've been able to land 1016 cryohelixes on Sobek and 900 hydro/ionohelixes on the Ironclad smiter in Altepa with the klimaform boost and also 6500+ blizzard 4 on the cockatrices out there combining my klimaform with the tonic by removing the macc boost on iceday with hailstorm and twilight cape sch is so fun cant wait to +1 my body lol