Christmas In Iraq

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Christmas in Iraq
Christmas in Iraq
By Artemicion 2010-12-22 21:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Yep. Which brings to the final realization that there is no ultimate truth. Simply perspective to what we believe to be true.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-22 21:36:58
Link | Citer | R

MERRY *** CHRISTMAS TOWELHEADS!

Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-22 21:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
MERRY *** CHRISTMAS TOWELHEADS!

Hooah mother ***
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-22 23:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:

You obviously misread my post or have little to no knowledge about how the human psyche works. The "Evil" is a very real thing, that religion itself doesn't bring out, its the "group mentality" that generally causes man kind to act "evil". Would the world be better with out religion? That can't really be answered at the moment, but will probably be answered in the next 40-50 years as church mass population is reaching record all time lows. Lets face the facts though, even with organized religion gone, genocide, murder, torture, terrorism, pedophilia will still remain.

No ... I did not misread or misunderstand your post.
Evil is a real thing, indeed. Everyone has the potential to do evil; some more than others. And yes, gang-mentality is one influence that can enable or galvanize violence.

However, organized religions are another (equally potent, or more potent) influence that enable violence.
Did I say or do I believe abolition of monotheistic religions would completely eliminate violence (murder, hatred, etc.)? No.

However, I firmly believe there will be significantly less violence and hatred among humans once Christianity and Islam cease to exist. Why? Because one of history's most consistent and most potent enablers of violence and hatred will be gone. Yes, some truly evil people may seek out and find a new influence to satiate their want for violence. But at least the easiest and most pervasive enabling influence of all time won't be there glaring everyone in the face everyday anymore.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
Serveur: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-23 01:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
However, I firmly believe there will be significantly more violence and hatred among humans once Christianity and Islam cease to exist. Why? Because there would be no unified belief of treating others with respect and equality of human rights. There would only be one train of thought, and that would be self betterment and fulfillment.
Sorry had to fix that for you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-23 09:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Daemun: ridiculous, and foolish.

The belief that humans require a religious code or contrived obedience to an imaginary friend in order to behave with respect and admiration towards others is absolutely absurd.

I would ask you to explore the concept of Humanism.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2010-12-23 15:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Zeus > All
Venus>Zeus

Ishtar > all

Seriously bring back the Goddess.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2010-12-23 15:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
I don't get why you think it's a good idea to post another religious thread.

Knock it off!

because he pretends to be this man.