Knew Stuff Like This Was Coming After DADT Repeal

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Knew stuff like this was coming after DADT repeal
Knew stuff like this was coming after DADT repeal
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-22 22:49:01
Link | Citer | R

back to the Virginia law thing, somehow if this passes, how long does anyone think it takes before it's shot down in court? (inb4 civilian courts concerning military matters) civilian government rules the military, that's the way of America.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-22 23:57:09
Link | Citer | R

There's no chance that proposal will ever become Virginia state law.
To enact such a law now would be political suicide, even in a state that is traditionally ... traditional, like Virginia.

The majority of Americans favored repeal of DADT.

The blowhard state official that's spouting off about his proposal for the Virginia Guard is doing it for brown-noser polictical points with his probably-conservative district. He probably has aspirations of running for national office, and wants to be remembers by future voters as "the guy who stood up to Obama's policy".

I'd say it's a clever strategy ... if it weren't already cliched strategy.

Anyways, like I said, zero chance DADT ever returns, at any level of the military in the USA.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 01:26:25
Link | Citer | R

with the leadership in this state, I wonder sometimes.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-23 08:04:07
Link | Citer | R

To me, I always think its the people that are actualy in the military are the 1s that get to decide ANYTHING it does

I think (but idk tbh) this new repeal will just add more problems then it actually solves,

Im not in the military, i got a bro that is in his 5th tour in iraq atm, I will prolly just ask him how he feels when I see him again

I however will not say how i feel because I am not in the military.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-23 08:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Gays in the military??!!!

This is news to me!

(Not really)

Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2010-12-24 03:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Most people who serve together in high stress situations, who are together through bomb blasts and shootings, they know who is gay and who loves puppy dogs.

This will not be news to those serving together. The Generals in the US military DO NOT approve of DADT.

If the soliders carrying serious weapons, who are trained to kill, if these same soliders can't do their job because they are too busy worrying about a guy/girl who likes the same sex....then I don't want them in the miliatry. They are obviously NOT qualified to be in the military if they can't handle themselves.

Of course there will be people who don't sign up because of this bill. There are people who didn't sign up because Obama was elected, people who didn't sign up because Bush was elected, because new laws are passed, because etc. There will always be reasons not to sign up and there will still be people signing up.