Ws Head Pieces (mkd,varangian Or Ravagers)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » ws head pieces (mkd,varangian or ravagers)
ws head pieces (mkd,varangian or ravagers)
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-16 18:01:28
Link | Citer | R

im finally getting mkd helmet that i was planning for ws helmet but it just seems to me its gonna be a bad choice

ravagar mask +2
STR +8 VIT +8 Accuracy +14
Attack +14 Critical Hit Rate +3%
"Double Attack" +4%

seems to be a far better choice for ws'ing
the DA +4% gonna deal out more dmg than 2% increased ws dmg
and the increased critical hit rate. especially in in abyssea with rr atma

just the +1:
STR +7 VIT +7
Accuracy+10 Attack +10
Double Attack +3%
seem to do more dmg with 3% DA and i can work against the +2 version

also alternatively i could use
Varangian Helm
STR +12
Accuracy -20 Attack +24

but with atma and stuff in abyssea stats are quite high so i would belive DA would actually do a better dmg increase

so basically im reconsidering to make champions galea into a tp helmet with
5% haste and dex +2

its not much of an improve above turban but its an actually improvement (but tiny) compared to making it a ws helmet.

Am i totally off here ?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-16 20:21:48
Link | Citer | R

for Agressor Up ws i use teh v.helm

prolly going to turn my MKD helm to something different after i get war hd+2

currently using str+6/ws acc+15 for non agressor ws

for tp on WAR going for zelus tiara peice asap
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-16 20:26:32
Link | Citer | R

DA+4 out-dmg a straight +2% ws dmg that takes effect every time? idk >_>

But yeah, probably better stuff do use this helm on, I think?
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-16 20:55:05
Link | Citer | R

4%da gices on avaragege 4% more dmg from the base dmg (no calculated with previous da)

When DA takes effect it gives 100% boost on average so yeah i would say so un less you have liek 80+ da and the realtive beneifts from 4DA woudl fall to around only 2.5% more hits
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-16 21:00:59
Link | Citer | R

or let me do the math

I do 30WS all of them 3 hits as i recall DA can process on all the hit.
Each hit does 100dmg

standard dmg
30 ws *3 hits* 100dmg = 9000dmg

+2% ws dmg
30ws * 3hits * (100dmg *1.02) = 9180

+4% DA
30 ws * (3hits * 1.04) *100dmg = 9360

of cause this if if i have zero DA before getting 4% DA
but DA only goes down to around half effective dmg increase at almost before 100%DA

im pretty sure i dont have near 100% DA so 4% DA would out performance +2% ws dmg

also i believe 4% da would give more tp return for even more ws's and +2ws dmg would not.

Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-16 21:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Have to take fTP into consideration too. DA is less of a boost to singlehits with high fTP, for instance. Also there is some debate on which hits of a given WS can DA.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-16 21:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Truth be told, we pretty much got screwed by SE on those 3 mini expansions...

For TP, nearly anyone would prefer Zelus over a MKD head, and the same can be pretty much said for WS. As you noticed yourself, there are a lot more headpieces to choose from now, with Ravager's Mask and Varangian Helm being the top end for WAR.

The very same deal can be said about the mini expansion bodies and legs.

The one and only benefit you get from them still, is the fact you can pick anything that one of your multiple jobs (something that should be common now, having multiple jobs) could benefit from.

Overall, I think all 3 armor pieces can still greatly improve Pet jobs or extremely strict and situational scenarios on other jobs.

Edit: Don't waste your MKD head on WAR though..
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-16 21:31:14
Link | Citer | R

ohh So fTP does not boost the the extra hit from DA ? do i understand that correctly ?

So the actual dmg output is not linear with the increased hitrate

But still most my ws is triple hits. so 1/3 is not gonan get a full boost cause of missing fTP pn the DA attack

even if i removed 1/3 of the da completely it would still come out on top of 2% ws dmg

unless of cause it cannot process on all hits. then its kinda meh
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-16 22:03:37
Link | Citer | R

fTP of a Double Attack hit is +1.00, so if we had a theoretical WS with 5fTP for instance vs one with 1fTP, you'd be looking at an 100% increase in damage from that DA vs a 20% increase. Extreme example but you get the idea.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-17 06:04:25
Link | Citer | R

good then i understood you correctly

but lets run with you extreme example of 5ftp and my above example
and with a .95hitrate (cap'ed)
+8DA from previous ws gear (that what i have atm with poel grip brutal earring and war afv3+1 pants) 10d from job trait and5% from merrits

and that 2%ws dmg cover the entire dmg function and is no just an fTP adjustment

+2% ws dmg
30ws * 3 hits * (1.00 + 0.23 DA*(2.2/3 ftp effectiveness)) * 0.95hitrate * 100dmg * 1.02wsdmg = 10191,942

+4% DA
30ws * 3 hits * (1.00 + 0.27 DA*(2.2/3 ftp effectiveness)) * 0.95 hitrate * 100dmg = 10242,9

4%DA beats +2%ws dmg with 0.4999832220395%

The 2.2/3 ftp effectiveness is that 2 hits has 1.0 ftp anyway so da gives 100% bost on that (on average) and the third possibel strike has 5ftp so its only 20% effective 2x 100% + 20% = 220% = 2.2 out of the 3 hits

i haven't taking the ftp into consideration on the basic no DA's hits since its the same on both equations and thereby better to removed out to better illustrate the effectiveness on DA alone

so in my math 4% da still beats 2%ws dmg. hover it would be more chaotic ws dmg (more spike graph ) where as 2%ws dmg would provided a more equalized dmg out put (smoother graph)

also off cause the effective of getting 4% da is getting reduces as more of my other gear get DA

another note is that my calculations was strongly biased AGAINST DA as we used an extreme ftp example provided by Raenryong AND that we didn't take into considering my axe with 10ws dmg which like having previous DA reduces the effectives of stacking more of the same dmg multiplier ( haste is not a multiplier but a reversed divisor hence why it increased in effectiveness)

if any mistakes or factors i have forgotten please don't hold back and point out any flaws.

-- edit --
spelling mistakes

-- edit 2 --
Forgot to inlude job trait and merrits in DA. additionel 15% DA reduced effectiveness of another 4% da with a pretty amount
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-12-17 06:37:45
Link | Citer | R

just for fun ima do the same equations but with my allready 10% ws dmg form my axe included into the mix
i assume +2ws dmg stacks upon the +10ws dmg from axe and those are not two separate multipliers.

+2% ws dmg
30ws * 3 hits * (1.00 + 0.23 DA*(2.2/3 ftp effectiveness)) * 0.95hitrate * 100dmg * 1.12wsdmg = 11191,152

+4% DA
30ws * 3 hits * (1.00 + 0.27 DA*(2.2/3 ftp effectiveness)) * 0.95 hitrate * 100dmg *1.10ws = 11267,19

+4% DA beast +2& ws dmg with 0.6794474777932%

Sadly not much but also we are doing a extreme fTP case
and it seems to have a big influence

-- edit ---
am I the only one starting to think stats boost from gear is getting less and less relevant and that DA, TA and any other dmg multiplier is getting more and more important as we getting those nasty atmas in abyssea
i men running around with atm and cruorc bosts with +80str and +70dex getting additional +5str from a helmet is not gonna do much compared to getting DA
 Odin.Valdor
Serveur: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2010-12-25 13:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Since we're on the discussion of WS pieces. I'm curious the #s for the "Breeze Belt". Would stacking Breeze Belt & Breeze Gorget me too much accuracy for Ukko's Fury? Or should I stick with 1 breeze item?

[Waist] All Races
DEF:7 Conserve TP+7 Latent effect: Increases weapon skill
accuracy and damage
Lv. 87 All Jobs
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-25 14:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Valdor said:
Since we're on the discussion of WS pieces. I'm curious the #s for the "Breeze Belt". Would stacking Breeze Belt & Breeze Gorget me too much accuracy for Ukko's Fury? Or should I stick with 1 breeze item?

[Waist] All Races
DEF:7 Conserve TP+7 Latent effect: Increases weapon skill
accuracy and damage
Lv. 87 All Jobs

Your FSTR and ACC should already be caped, yes use the belt.