Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Abusing Meds in Abyssea
Abusing Meds in Abyssea
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-15 13:34:19
Link | Citer | R

Okay first of all BLU and RDM could probably solo these but that would take some time. What I'm discussing takes at least a minute or two with at least 5 minutes of prep work. The only downside is since you want it dead so quick you won't be proccing any !!s

If your bored though and can't get help for some reason though it's a great way to blow through some lower NMs that people don't have interest in. Or if you want to be stingy with seals.

You may want to grab certain Null tonics from say Dominion depending on what you plan to fight.

I kind of love it, I seen Tiger's post awhile ago about solo zerging SW NM and this can be done with a lot of NMs it seems.

Easier ones you just need a Fanatics Drink/Berserkers Tonic/Dusty Wing/Stalwarts/Reraise/Icarus Wing(Iwing incase you cant finish the mob in time)
WAR/SAM with VV/RR and a Great Axe

The trick involves Retaliation/Mighty Strikes, AF3+1 feet are wonderful to have too so the proc rate is higher. Start with 300TP

Blood Rage is also very broken when stacked with Warrior's Charge or in this case, Berserker's Tonic. Remember to save Warriors Charge for when your tonic wears though. Blood rage adds a nice chunk of damage to Raging Rush/Rampage for me.

1)You want to pop whatever NM your doing, or voke it. (If you get links don't worry[This will only give you more TP if you retaliate them get fanatics up asap and engage the nm] it's important though get Berserk/Agressor/Stalwarts/Retaliation up first.)

2)Berserker's Tonic then Fanatics Tonic, pop Mighty Strikes and Blood Rage/Sekka and go to town.
3) You should be able to Raging Rush-> Raging Rush for a skillchain and massive damage pop meditate and Raging Rush right away.
4)Ride out retaliation with your Physical Shield Raging Rushing as much as you can. Keep hoping for Retaliation procs and the monster should be dead or close to it if it's a lower tier monster.
4)If it's close to death pop that Dwing and Raging Rush/War Charge for great Justice.

Hopefully if all went well you've solo'd your target NM, Make sure you have inventory slots if you plan on linking things. There may be a benefit in having 20 mobs smack you while your invincible if you can part with the exp loss at the end. But some NMs can be taken 1 on 1.

Also Restoral Chests are awsome for this.

So far I've done this solo or duo with me having the biggest impact DD wise on.

La Thiene-
[Chasmic Hornet] (Frenzy Pollen Digs his own grave. Just kill it before it terminal stings you(Or no drops).
Terebellum Mantle:O
Lancer's Torque:O

Mis Coast-
Asanbosam(Bat)[Haven't done yet but it would be easy since it Tripple Attack's often, plus you might have links boosting your retaliation)

Athamas(Spider): Was destroyed easily, this was duo'd but without a doubt in my mind it could be solo'd

Avalerion(Colibri):Can be destroyed Easily.

Heqet(Froggy) wasn't tough either just bring a fools drink!

Manohra(Vulture)??: Seems iffy if Damnation Dive Stuns you though.

Nehebkau(Raptor):Triple Attacks Often, go for it! Try to get your hardest hitting Job Abilities off before Ice Spikes go up. Retaliation will take care of the rest.

Npfundlwa(Bunny)- No Data yet

Att. Chasm
Gieremund(Hound)- I died at 4% because I couldn't get the TP for a final weaponskill. an Icarus Wing would have fixed that.

Whiro- Could be done, does Dispel work on stuff like Fanatics Drinks though?

Vunk-
Hanuman- Could probably be done but it seems risky if he spams Magic Fruit. Hundred Fists could be it's downfall. I'd keep a fanatics Powder and Revitalizer in Reserve.

Armillaria[Shroom] Could be done, Paralyze seems annoying. The fix for Blind is to Eat Marinara Pizza+1

If you guys feel like trying other NMs let me know how it turns out.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 13:45:52
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering about this the other day: Is there a good(easy and quick) way of replacing a used Fanatic's Drink? I didn't notice it in the buyable temp item section and was wondering if you just have to find them in gold chests.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-15 13:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I was wondering about this the other day: Is there a good(easy and quick) way of replacing a used Fanatic's Drink? I didn't notice it in the buyable temp item section and was wondering if you just have to find them in gold chests.

Bastion NPC Fanatics/Fools for 150 Credits each.
Berserker's is 120 I think?
Dwing should be 100.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 13:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bastion NPC Fanatics/Fools for 150 Credits each. Berserker's is 120 I think? Dwing should be 100.

Oh wow, that's hax. I'm going to start using my fanatics a lot more often then. I would usually just save for severe cases because I thought you have to farm to get some back.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-15 14:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Powder has to be farmed sadly. But if you farm one of those and a revit. you can solo much harder things.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-15 14:10:30
Link | Citer | R

This is why a lot of people aren't bothering with LSs anymore. All of the lower tier NMs can be solo'd. Most of the mid tier NMs can be duo'd. Most of the upper tier NMs can be done with a group of 3-6.

It will only get easier with 99.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-12-15 18:51:36
Link | Citer | R

In addition to the potions you mentioned, the Bastion NPCs sell that HP potion and a Monarch's drink as well. From the examples you gave, having those (along with the dusty elixir, various wings, etc. you listed) might let you squeeze out a win (with spot HP) when certain mob WS go through the Fanatics/Fools drink combination or give you those extra few TPs early on to help put it down slightly faster.