Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » New DoT tiers
New DoT tiers
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-14 12:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Been wondering this for awhile but did elemental DoTs get new INT tiers i cast in well over 200 int on BLM and i casted the same DoT after my friend who is a taru so prob has alot more int and it said has no effect so i think there are

Also anyone know Bio II skill tiers now? id think it did more that a rdms Bio III by now just because we have so much more skill
[+]
By kingx 2010-12-19 16:38:17
Link | Citer | R

blms should get burnII frostII etc this will be awesome:D
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-12-22 01:04:09
Link | Citer | R

as a typical Dynamis raised BLM: no.
but for other methods it could very well help a lot.
to be honest i didnt use these spells in a looong time. since when do you use those spells? when sleep nuking? the only area i could think of where they can be used properly is low-lvl-parties.

sry i just don't roll with those very much.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-12-22 04:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Can you explain me why you are talking about dynamis things to answer to the question "did you test the elemental debuffs with 200+ INT?"

"Since when do you use those spells ?" well if you were a good blm, on all NMs... Actually the correct question is when do you not use those spells and the anwser is when you solo/need to sleep (even if we can break dot'd mobs now) a mob.

Back to the topic : The easiest way to test it is to do a ballista with a friend. I wanted to do it myself but atm i'm missing 3 INT to have 200 (missing blm af 3 hands). You can also try in abyssea with a mob which can charm like Raskovnik (but i dont have a real mvt speed so i will wait the af 3 hands xD)

About bio, since the spell is based on dark magic skill and since they said they uncaped dark magic, we have new tiers for sure but idk if the blm bio 2 is better than the rdm bio 3 with a capped dark magic skill + gear. Anyway go with full skill when you cast it. Your bio 2 will not overwrite rdm's bio 3 if he did it before you, and the bio 3 from rdm will always overwrite your bio if you do it before him xD

EDIT : I guess the only way to have a msg "no effect" with an elemental dot is not to have a less INT or something like that but ONLY if you try to cast the weak dot from an element already casted. IE : your friend landed a Frost, you will have this message if you cast a Choke
[+]
By Zackan 2011-01-16 12:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres said:
as a typical Dynamis raised BLM: no. but for other methods it could very well help a lot. to be honest i didnt use these spells in a looong time. since when do you use those spells? when sleep nuking? the only area i could think of where they can be used properly is low-lvl-parties. sry i just don't roll with those very much.

as said above, there are certain times you shouldnt be using (when you need to sleep the mob) other than that.. they work awesomely. I was solo some nm for wotg, killed him in 30 minutes or so just kiting and DoT'ing

Bio II->Frost->Rasp->Drown = incredibley strong dot,

Tier 2 cani have it? and maybe bio 3 around lvl 99 would be nice to.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 12:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Gael said:
EDIT : I guess the only way to have a msg "no effect" with an elemental dot is not to have a less INT or something like that but ONLY if you try to cast the weak dot from an element already casted. IE : your friend landed a Frost, you will have this message if you cast a Choke
Doesn't work since it continually degrades (-stat amount decreases) so the same person in the same gear can continually overwrite it
 Bismarck.Gael
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-01-16 13:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Gael said:
Doesn't work since it continually degrades (-stat amount decreases) so the same person in the same gear can continually overwrite it

Who said something different ? I didnt say that cast the same thing will trigger a "no effect" or not, i said the only way to have this msg is to do the opposite DOT.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-16 13:30:27
Link | Citer | R

nvm misread