Conquest Info?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Conquest info?
Conquest info?
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 10:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible to integrate current conquest information into this site? Like who controls what regions from week to week by server? It's one of the things I've always wished I could look up without logging in... ^^
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-20 10:31:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Would be awesome. Sure it updates only once a week but.. I haven't played this week. >.<
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 12:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like something ffxi-atlas.com should definitely do BUT here's just as good. :D
 Shiva.Ethereal
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 12:43:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

That's a great idea. I bump this thread for further attention/action.
 Alexander.Flowen
Serveur: Alexander
user: Demios
By Alexander.Flowen 2009-02-24 03:57:09
Link | Citer | R

I was actually about to post this to suggestion, and inclusion of weekly region info for wotg would be nice as well.
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-24 04:01:37
Link | Citer | R

Might be hard for them to do.

Prove me wrong guys!
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 05:31:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't know...Sounds like a lot of work to have to integrate something like that just so lazy people don't have to take 3 seconds to type /regionmap ingame.

And to the people that are going to say like "What if I haven't been on all week and I want to know?", it doesn't affect you if you're not ingame, and the only time it would affect you is if you WERE, and you could just check then anyway.
 Gilgamesh.Sylvester
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Rambo
By Gilgamesh.Sylvester 2009-02-24 06:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
I don't know...Sounds like a lot of work to have to integrate something like that just so lazy people don't have to take 3 seconds to type /regionmap ingame.

And to the people that are going to say like "What if I haven't been on all week and I want to know?", it doesn't affect you if you're not ingame, and the only time it would affect you is if you WERE, and you could just check then anyway.

thats like saying none of this site matters if your not ingame... you use this site to check if stuff has sold, bought, prices, whatever. But hey... non of that matters if your not ingame right? nothing u can do about any of that if your not ingame right? so its pointless?

Of course it affects you. Might wanna see if Sandy controls La Vaule or something, see if u can get any Outposts recently whilst your at work/freinds/phone whatever checking this site. Personally i think it would be a good feature. If the developers can make this site to pull all the information of every single item on the auction house of every single server im sure they be able to impliment a small amount of data collection from the regional maps from the servers.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 06:47:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylvester said:
you use this site to check if stuff has sold, bought, prices, whatever.

The server prices and such are constantly fluctuating. Crafters need to stay on top of the AH history to jump on items if they show up, even if they can't be at the AH or even ingame. Conquest info, on the other hand, only changes once a week.
 Alexander.Flowen
Serveur: Alexander
user: Demios
By Alexander.Flowen 2009-02-26 05:21:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm not getting where the "no need for this" idea of yours is coming from, FFXIAH is already full of features that we could all live without, but are thankful are available. Region info on a website, we can live without, but we can be thankful if it's there.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-26 06:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Actually I'm gonna have to agree with Enternius on this one. /cmap /rmap /bmap, wow, that took me 5 seconds.

Also, I only use FFXIAH when I am in game. Knowing that I can just pop over to Whitegate and check AH for prices doesn't help me much when I'm drowning in crafting materials in the guild in Sandy, or when I've just done a BC and want to see what the drops are worth, or when we've just killed an NM and need to work out what money drops are free-lot and which require points, or when I see an item in a bazaar in Altepa that I think is a bargain.

It's also a lot faster to look up stuff on FFXIAH than it is to check it on the actual AH even if you are in Jeuno. I've been a fan of this site since I found out about it, but since I started crafting my use for the sight has increased ten twenty fold.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd have to say that regional info really isn't as important to the vast majority of players. Regional Vendors is about the only reason I can think of that you would need to think about this information while not logged on, but seriously, how much crafting do you do while at work and not logged on?
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Serveur: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-02-26 08:38:54
Link | Citer | R

could have a Besieged warning button to let people know when it's started like a timer (Level 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 attacking/advancing/preparing user based sorta like how the guld pattern is maby more people would long in to battle the besieged instead of just wasting time in game when they could be doing outher things like who knows what. same idea with the rest of it
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-26 10:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Brahmdut said:

Besieged only goes up to level 8 currently, and I doubt SE has any plans on adding a 9th.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-26 16:32:05
Link | Citer | R

My reasons for wanting this are for crafting purposes, as well as outpost purposes. I like to plan out my crafting sessions ahead of time using timers to find good moon phases for the correct days and such (as do most people, I'm sure). However, it all goes out the window when I log in and find that a given region is Beastmen Controlled, so the time I spent researching materials before I logged in was wasted. One could have a plan of action already laid out with where they're getting what. As a cook, 90% of my mats are from regional vendors, not from the guild or A.H., so it would save me time looking this up ahead of time, rather than while I'm logged in gathering ***together.

Plus, with the outposts, it'd be nice to know if I need to bother with a warp item for a given area before I even log in to the game, or if I can just warp at the area's O.P. if it's reasonably close. I communicate with LS members irl via txting and such, and we plan out stuff as our work day progresses, so being able to check quick would speed our preparations up as well.

Is there a site out there already that reports this that anyone knows of? It would be nice if it was here, but I'm not picky...