Perpetuance?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Perpetuance?
Perpetuance?
First Page 2
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-07 18:37:49
Link | Citer | R

As I haven't got this yet, I'll ask.

FFXIclopedia has it down as the same as Composure but on anyone, so does it extend the duration triple the length?
By Jamesy 2010-12-07 18:42:35
Link | Citer | R

i havent gotten to play yet since the update yesterday when i get my scholar to the level to use it ill let ya know
 Caitsith.Bloodshadow
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Bloodshadow 2010-12-07 18:46:01
Link | Citer | R

It's double, not triple.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-07 18:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Dude who got it said double duration. I can't confirm first hand, but still, an amazing stratagem.

Particularly effective when combined with the Accession ability and the new Aldoquiem spell, for 6minutes of a 1tp/tic Regain effect. Also worth a mention are the regen and storm spells, and this ability makes that Merit ability that allows you to use Light and Dark strats regardless of what art you have available, much more useful.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-07 18:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Okay, Thank you. Thought that was a bit too long to allow to be cast on others.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Dude who got it said double duration. I can't confirm first hand, but still, an amazing stratagem.

Particularly effective when combined with the Accession ability and the new Aldoquiem spell, for 6minutes of a 1tp/tic Regain effect. Also worth a mention are the regen and storm spells, and this ability makes that Merit ability that allows you to use Light and Dark strats regardless of what art you have available, much more useful.

It's brilliant, I just needed confirmation to update ffxiclopedia.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-07 18:57:14
Link | Citer | R

The only thing that sucks about Aldoquiem, is it is Erase Rules. Party only, so while someone could argue that Aldoquiem can make some of the shittier x-hit compromises pointless, that argument looses ground when you consider Scholar still has very little to offer a melee group in a situation that demands it.

Sort of off topic, but the Scholar body is a *** titstorm during an icy torrent of beer. Even the +1. Finally our time has come to... Nuke... slightly under RDM's but still, it's a start!
[+]
 Caitsith.Bloodshadow
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Bloodshadow 2010-12-07 19:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Enlightenment only opens up Addendum spells, not stratagems.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-07 19:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Sort of off topic, but the Scholar body is a *** titstorm during an icy torrent of beer. Even the +1. Finally our time has come to... Nuke... slightly under RDM's but still, it's a start!

I still say it's an ugly lab coat >.< I want my neck scarf back!
 Bahamut.Weasel
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-09 22:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Scholar still has very little to offer a melee group in a situation that demands it.

Maybe I'm not quite understanding this... 2nd best enfeebling magic in the game, pretty much any party buff we don't get, you can get from subjob (even though haste is /WHM only for now still). I'd love to use Auspice but we can't put WHMs out of business.

Odin.Zicdeh said:

SCHs are nuking under RDMs? um... wut?
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-29 02:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Weasel said:

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Someone's been nuking in a rune chopper again! But seriously if you can't give a Blm a run for their money you're doing it wrong. With MM/Beyond/Ultimate, an ice obi and a twilight cape my bliz4 does between 4-5k dmg depending on day and such.

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Bahamut.Weasel said:

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Someone's been nuking in a rune chopper again! But seriously if you can't give a Blm a run for their money you're doing it wrong. With MM/Beyond/Ultimate, an ice obi and a twilight cape my bliz4 does between 4-5k dmg depending on day and such.

Sorry, I just know Really good Red Mages. I've got some screenshots of SCH dmg lately that should show that I certainly am not a poor Scholar, they're uploaded, just not passed clearance yet I guess.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-29 03:07:38
Link | Citer | R

I still need ulimate :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Ultimate is good, but I just love being able to basically zombie ***to death with Atma of the Apocalypse. It's the embodiment of Abyssea, basically: Have this and win.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-29 03:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ultimate is good, but I just love being able to basically zombie ***to death with Atma of the Apocalypse. It's the embodiment of Abyssea, basically: Have this and win.
Idk I have this problem with people stealing my nms. Like one day I had 4 nms stolen and only 1 was because I died. And that one was at 1% and the only reason I wasn't able to get it back was cause of the time it took to RR and get utsesmi up... the others were just going yellow from kiting and people watching for that and being douches
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-29 03:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Yikes that sucks Das.... but seriously Zic, I can't see how a rdm is out nuking a sch even in top end gear... sch does have ebull.. and perma weather at will... and 7 int from hailstorm... soooooooo what? lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Yikes that sucks Das.... but seriously Zic, I can't see how a rdm is out nuking a sch even in top end gear... sch does have ebull.. and perma weather at will... and 7 int from hailstorm... soooooooo what? lol

RDM has higher innate Magic Attack Bonus, And I don't use Ebulliance with every nuke, thus I will never consider that the "Baseline", similar rules apply to the "Storm" Spells. That's just how I consider a "Baseline test".

-> I always thought they got up to MABIII now with 90cap raise, I guess they don't.

Glancing over though, right now in Gear-Traits Red Mage and Scholar are Neck and Neck, when using the same Tier of nukes. Obviously if you're applying "Cheater" Buffs as my compatriots call them, you're going to win out, but if you run faster than a dude with no legs, is that really winning?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-29 03:27:07
Link | Citer | R

umm how exactly are they neck and neck when sch gets better MAB gear, and more int, and more magic skill (i mean less resists on high end mobs is atleast a lil bit of an edge)? (just curious..and yes that is a serious question)
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
umm how exactly are they neck and neck when sch gets better MAB gear, and more int, and more magic skill (i mean less resists on high end mobs is atleast a lil bit of an edge)? (just curious..and yes that is a serious question)

SCH doesn't get superior MAB gear... Actually until recently, we got terrible MAB gear options. Full Morrigan's RDM for example, used to smoke the living ***out of Scholar's damage ability. eradico mitts are the embodiment of Scholar's mistreatment when it comes to MAB gear. Seriously, SMN... BRD?! What the ***?

INT Ranking as well, is the same as a base, as yet again, until recently Scholar Gear options were absolutely atrocious. cybele pants, our Morrigan's snalogue didn't come around until the 85cap.

Magic Skill, this is where you lose all credibility. If you're talking about damage potential, you are already assuming a a roof'd accuracy rate, negating this variable.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-29 03:35:47
Link | Citer | R

and twice in your own argument you said "until recently" and yes sch does get better MAB gears..come on...how does rdm get better? like what exactly right now... is better? i'm not saying every slot, sch smokes rdm, because lets face it.. rdm gets the best MAB hat..but come on.. sch body destroys everything by miles (other than blm obviously..but we're comparing rdm and sch here)... and sorry for the massive derail on the OP >_< but this is something i'd like an answer to...
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
and twice in your own argument you said "until recently" and yes sch does get better MAB gears..come on...how does rdm get better? like what exactly right now... is better? i'm not saying every slot, sch smokes rdm, because lets face it.. rdm gets the best MAB hat..but come on.. sch body destroys everything by miles (other than blm obviously..but we're comparing rdm and sch here)... and sorry for the massive derail on the OP >_< but this is something i'd like an answer to...

That's true, I got my Savant's Gown +1 last night, and it annihilates even Black Mage's +2 coat, my point remains however, too little too late (in terms of gear), what's the real revalation in SCH now, is the Immanence Job ability along with the 5th Strategem. That's what turned Scholar into a wrecking ball. While getting my Bale and Savant's seals, I was dishing out 10k+ a round (not including MB< which Ionohelix would hit up to 1032) of Immanence skillchains (Impaction). If the mods would post the goddamn screenshot(s), you could see for yourself!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-29 03:42:02
Link | Citer | R

so basically you just defunked your own argument....? lol and its not "too little too late" i mean hell teal body was only 1 MAB under morrigan robe with 2 int under it..thats not too huge... eradico's are only 2 MAB over vicious muffs (though i do agree its a slap in the face to sch...just look at my comment on the item on this site lol i think i left it up..it was a giant nerd rage lol) but all those stats (the MAB and int lacking from no morri) is more than made up with sch body..its broken like *** lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so basically you just defunked your own argument....? lol and its not "too little too late" i mean hell teal body was only 1 MAB under morrigan robe with 2 int under it..thats not too huge... eradico's are only 2 MAB under vicious muffs (though i do agree its a slap in the face to sch...just look at my comment on the item on this site lol i think i left it up..it was a giant nerd rage lol) but all those stats (the MAB and int lacking from no morri) is more than made up with sch body..its broken like *** lol

Morrigan's was awesome as the full set, never really as a pieced out deal, teal was only but 5 months ago, we needed competitive MAB way before Abyssea, especially considering how much skill goes into playing Scholar compared to Black mage and to Red Mage.

Moreover, why the *** don't we get Cure V under Addendum: White?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-29 03:51:26
Link | Citer | R

lol i was wondering that too.. cure 5 would be nice..*** my puppet has cure 6 lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-29 03:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Right now not counting weapon rdm can get 56 MAB in gear. And sch can get 55. Now these is including so most likely bad choices in certain slots especially for sch. Under 50% mp rdm will get another 6 while sch will only get another 5
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 03:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol i was wondering that too.. cure 5 would be nice..*** my puppet has cure 6 lol

There's a *** of issues with Job balance right now. MNK in particular is off the assbeating chart in terms of tilting balance to "lol" Dark Knight is on the exact opposite of that spectrum, docked soundly at *** Harbor south of Retard Sound.

Personally, I hope the cap stays at 90 and we get a little bit of time to Re-Balance before going to 95-99, because the obvious design philosophy of "Make all the jobs catch up to samurai" was thrown out in favor of the "***, go make everyone MNK-WAR" Plan.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-12-29 03:57:39
Link | Citer | R

why compare rdm to sch tho? chainspell is rdm only ace card outside of that they are a whole tir below sch on nukes and lack fulltime weather bonuses before even considering any ja.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-30 16:19:15
Link | Citer | R

To be comparing RDM to SCH then debating that until recently it didn't have good gear is silly when until recently RDM didn't have good spells.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-30 20:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
. If the mods would post the goddamn screenshot(s), you could see for yourself!

You know there's these places on the internets that will host pictures for you :O
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 20:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
. If the mods would post the goddamn screenshot(s), you could see for yourself!

You know there's these places on the internets that will host pictures for you :O

I try to limit the amount of things I sign up for, every one is a thread that leads a dagger right into my kidney.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-31 18:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
To be comparing RDM to SCH then debating that until recently it didn't have good gear is silly when until recently RDM didn't have good spells.

But could pull of upto 1000DMG from a tier III nuke... Sorry, but that was quite good until ABYeasy.

Eitherway, RDM Vs. SCH arguments are old, and boring.
First Page 2