Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Wikileaks domain name dropped
Wikileaks domain name dropped
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-12-03 15:13:18
Link | Citer | R

This story is full of ***...
This "rape" story happened the day after they publied war documents, and the woman is supposly a woman with prostitute past...probably the fist woman they have found at this time...
It's so obvious a joke i don't understand how they can seriously still try to jail him with this ***...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 16:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Smart idea. Post the stuff encrypted on tpb. They've been trying to take down that site for a long time too to no avail.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-03 16:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
This story is full of ***...
This "rape" story happened the day after they publied war documents, and the woman is supposly a woman with prostitute past...probably the fist woman they have found at this time...
It's so obvious a joke i don't understand how they can seriously still try to jail him with this ***...
It doesn't happen all that often, but I fully agree with you. Good one on ya!

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-03 19:16:56
Link | Citer | R

I like how when the government started doing the warrantless wiretapping we were all supposed to be ok with it. Now the government is getting a taste of it's own medicine.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-03 19:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
I like how when the government started doing the warrantless wiretapping we were all supposed to be ok with it. Now the government is getting a taste of it's own medicine.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

will we ever be able to prosecute anyone over that ***? they'll probably be long dead before enough people realize it's bull.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-03 19:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
My question is, where were all these people during the Valerie Plame outing?

Like seriously, what the ***? All of a sudden, her 'contacts were in jeopardy because corruption at the highest national level' doesn't matter then?

Really?

Yeah. 30 month sentence is 'too harsh' says Bush.

we need to throw Bush, his family and his administration (lol one in the same) behind bars, and give them some of their own torture
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 20:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
My question is, where were all these people during the Valerie Plame outing?

Like seriously, what the ***? All of a sudden, her 'contacts were in jeopardy because corruption at the highest national level' doesn't matter then?

Really?

Yeah. 30 month sentence is 'too harsh' says Bush.

we need to throw Bush, his family and his administration (lol one in the same) behind bars, and give them some of their own torture
Or extradite them to Nigeria, lol.
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-03 21:11:43
Link | Citer | R

It's kinda crazy how the entire worlds governments are trying to shut down the website by forcing companies not to host it.

I can see how it might not be the most awesome move in the world to post all them diplomatic documents.. but shutting the entire site down seems even worse to me..

well if anybody is still interested they are currently located at this url (changed to a new country domain)

http://wikileaks.ch

and can bypass the apparently government controlled DNS servers completely by going right to the IP

http://213.251.145.96

They have done good work in the past.. hopefully the can make up for this in the future >_>
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 21:16:14
Link | Citer | R

You can follow them on twitter too.

EDIT: Post 3000! lol
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-03 21:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Like was said in the Guardian interview earlier, they purposely placed some Wikileaks resources in countries that they had expected to get shut down when leaks were made public. This move was planned by Assange except both companies deny their actions were influenced by the government. This is where the conspiracy theorists have fun really. The sites do have legitimate excuses though because Wikileaks is being attacked constantly but I don't believe anyone can silence them. Nor do I want them silenced.

Whether or not you like what they do, where is the line for free speech in the world. I don't like internet censorship at all, our government could have done better if they really wanted to keep these "secrets" (a lot of these cables don't really merit being called secrets) secret.

Also the rape charges are ***.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 22:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
I don't see how this is doing anything but HELPING us as people.

The only thing this is doing is proving and embarassing the *** out of stated diplomats placed in those positions. It's not Wikileak's fault that they don't know when to shut the *** up. Congressmen are calling on Wikileaks to be labeled a "terrorist organization", probably to try and eliminate its member's right to due process, I'm sure. Yet, no one is going after the New York Times, who released it simultaneously, or The Guardian, because they legally can't. Why is this any different?

Really. This is what the *** we have become. A country divided on the subject of maintaining these ***'s (diplomat's) dignity when they are the shitheads that dug this hole of secrecy?

Between this and TSA regulations. I'm ready to call it. They make me *** sick.

Yes, I be mad.

I just hope they can hold out until next year. When their agenda starts bringing down Corporate America.
Hell yeah!
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-03 22:14:41
Link | Citer | R

I liked the Sarah Palin tweet calling Julian's actions treasonous when even people who know very little about Wikileaks know that he is not American.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 22:22:55
Link | Citer | R

I urge anyone who supports Wikileaks to download the heavily encrypted file. It's about 1.3GB, but after you download it just burn it to DVD or move to a removable device of w/e and store it in a safe place where only you can find it.

EDIT: If you need more details PM me.

Post deleted by User.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-03 22:30:37
Link | Citer | R

I think Assange said somewhere in the league of 100,000 people already have the file. It's safe to assume it will get out if/when the time comes. But I may download it anyway. You have to admire the level of precaution they take when they do this stuff. It's pretty fascinating stuff, read their guide to anonymous submissions for example. Probably not hard to find the file in a Google search huh Chaosx?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 00:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
I think Assange said somewhere in the league of 100,000 people already have the file. It's safe to assume it will get out if/when the time comes. But I may download it anyway. You have to admire the level of precaution they take when they do this stuff. It's pretty fascinating stuff, read their guide to anonymous submissions for example. Probably not hard to find the file in a Google search huh Chaosx?
Hmmm, probably not because they are trying to get it out to everyone.

I love the fact they chose tpb though.
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-12-04 01:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
I liked the Sarah Palin tweet calling Julian's actions treasonous when even people who know very little about Wikileaks know that he is not American.

Careful, that *** will be president one day.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 01:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Paulus said:
Luz said:

*shudder*
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 01:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
Luz said:

*shudder*
0% chance.

Will bet money.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 01:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Luz said:
Bahamut.Paulus said:
Luz said:

*shudder*
0% chance.

Will bet money.

But she was a mayor! She has executive experience! It must be so difficult to govern less than 10,000 people (2008 numbers on Wikipedia say 10,000, she was mayor from 96-02, numbers for 2000 say 5500) :(

Talking about Sarah as president is so comical, it never gets old huh?
 Caitsith.Dixon
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Jaisen
By Caitsith.Dixon 2010-12-04 02:44:57
Link | Citer | R

Based off what this dude dropped on the world.. I dont think I would buy any claim any government put on him.. (even though he looks like a total fruit) because damn near the world wanna bend him over and stick a warhead in his cakes.

EDIT***
say what you want about Obama.. but that woman will never beat him.. I think only person from the (right) thats got a chance, is the Gov. of NJ. and thats slim at best.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 02:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Would be nice if we got some major leaks from other countries but the whole "Arab leaders encouraging US to attack Iran" thing was pretty interesting. I wonder what will come of that as far as Iranian foreign relations go.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 03:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
This degree of censorship is *** deplorable.

I really thought as a nation, we were better than this.

anyone ready for their pills yet?
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-04 10:12:39
Link | Citer | R

PayPal freezes Wikileaks Account

Quote:
PayPal has permanently restricted the account used by WikiLeaks due to a violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, which states that our payment service cannot be used for any activities that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity.

They're not doing anything illegal, they're not Americans D: