Arrest Warrant For Cheney... From Nigeria?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Arrest warrant for Cheney... from Nigeria?
Arrest warrant for Cheney... from Nigeria?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 22:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Article.

Apparently a warrant for his arrest will be asked from a judge in Nigeria next week over Halliburton.

Would be interesting if they actually do this or even enforce it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-12-02 22:59:24
Link | Citer | R

lol
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 08:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Here an article that gets more in depth: Article

Thoughts anyone?
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-03 08:34:59
Link | Citer | R

he probably will have diplomatic immunity, considering he is the former VP...no main player in the political circle will ever get charged with anything
 Phoenix.Lumin
user: Vittles
By Phoenix.Lumin 2010-12-03 08:44:28
Link | Citer | R

He needs to be held for more than this... Unfortunetly, he knows too much to let a foreign gov. get a hold of him.

Even if he is a ***... we can't let them have him.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-03 08:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Nothing will come of it but publicity for Cheney. Would be funny as hell if we extradited him though. I would support it!
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 08:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:
he probably will have diplomatic immunity, considering he is the former VP...no main player in the political circle will ever get charged with anything

And thats where the problem stems from.
If it where up to me, I would send his *** over there with a pretty bow around his neck. But sadly....he isnt going anywhere.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 08:59:04
Link | Citer | R

When they don't extradite him I wonder what Nigeria will do.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-03 09:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Start the underground talks with Iran and North Korea to bring about war on the US?

If they haven't already.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-03 09:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Degs said:

He doesnt have diplomatic immunity from charges the USA makes against him.

Nigera should suck it up. Half of their people are going to die from aids by the time they are 30, they need to worry less about Chenye and more about how they can stop breeding the animals that are their citizens.
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2010-12-03 09:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Like Degs i doubt anything will come out of it but would be nice to see this "*** sword" to pay for something he's done for once. One of the biggest a-hole alive.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-03 09:12:25
Link | Citer | R

I read the title as Cheyne and I got very concerned that our resident transformer was being pursue by he government.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-03 09:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
Like Degs i doubt anything will come out of it but would be nice to see this "*** sword" to pay for something he's done for once. One of the biggest a-hole alive.

Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to lead.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-12-03 09:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:

Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to lead.

I stand for corruption, bribery, and manipulation of loopholes which allow me to cheat to get ahead!

I can haz pwer nao?
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-03 09:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
I stand for corruption, bribery, and manipulation of loopholes which allow me to cheat to get ahead! I can haz pwer nao?

Ok well if you don't do that stuff then you can't really get elected. Which means you can't actually help people. They don't get into politics with the idea "hey I want to *** everyone over." Instead they persue it out of genuine interest and unfortunately have to compromise their own integrety to get elected. You should blame the system.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 09:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

No they arent and no it dosnt. Is that what you really belive. lol. A leader is an *** who swindles, shoots people in the face while hunting, back woods deals to benifit only himself, a chicken hawk, etc. No wonder why our politics are so *** up. We have values like this. And the sad part is, I remember you saying you were a political science major at some point on these threads. Lol.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2010-12-03 09:28:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm affraid some politicians take decisions that affects the majority in a bad way way more than others, he was the puppeteer when the idiot son of an a-hole was in office for "one" thing. He is one of the biggest a-hole, like it or not.
Having said that, have a good one and i won't reply anymore on this topic, there is nothing to argue about.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-03 09:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
No they arent and no it dosnt. Is that what you really belive. lol. A leader is an *** who swindles, shoots people in the face while hunting, back woods deals to benifit only himself, a chicken hawk, etc. No wonder why our politics are so *** up. We have values like this. And the sad part is, I remember you saying you were a political science major at some point on these threads. Lol.

You don't seem to understand the concept. Sigh, ignorance is so annoying.

Step1: Average non-rich person wants to become a politician to help people

Step2: Average non-rich person doesn't have millions of dollars to run a campaign

Step3: Average non-rich person MUST get the money from a company or private donors.

Step4: Average non-rich person is now a politician who owes his financiers.

Step5: Average non-rich person is now considered "corrupt"

There you go.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 09:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You don't seem to understand the concept. Sigh, ignorance is so annoying. Step1: Average non-rich person wants to become a politician to help people Step2: Average non-rich person doesn't have millions of dollars to run a campaign Step3: Average non-rich person MUST get the money from a company or private donors. Step4: Average non-rich person is now a politician who owes his financiers. Step5: Average non-rich person is now considered "corrupt" There you go.

You dont seem to understand my arguement. Reading is fundamental:

"Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to LEAD."

Made the that lead big for ya there. Key points here is Leader, ***, and standing up for what you believe in.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-03 09:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You don't seem to understand the concept. Sigh, ignorance is so annoying. Step1: Average non-rich person wants to become a politician to help people Step2: Average non-rich person doesn't have millions of dollars to run a campaign Step3: Average non-rich person MUST get the money from a company or private donors. Step4: Average non-rich person is now a politician who owes his financiers. Step5: Average non-rich person is now considered "corrupt" There you go.
You dont seem to understand my arguement. Reading is fundamental: "Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to LEAD." Made the that lead big for ya there. Key points here is Leader, ***, and standing up for what you believe in.

You clearly aren't understanding that you can't lead in the world of politics at all if you can't get elected. Blame the system, your point is still invalid.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 09:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You dont seem to understand my arguement. Reading is fundamental: "Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to LEAD." Made the that lead big for ya there. Key points here is Leader, ***, and standing up for what you believe in.
You clearly aren't understanding that you can't lead in the world of politics at all if you can't get elected. Blame the system, your point is still invalid.

You clearly are not typing what you are trying to communicate. So again:

"Everyone in politics is an *** hole. It's not just *** Cheyne. The job REQUIRES you to be an *** hole, if you didn't stand up for what you believe then you wouldn't be fit to lead."

I agree that you have to make some shady deals to get into office. Not what the issue is here. But I quoted you first because: Standing up for what you believe in is not taking money for something you dont. Among the other shitty things Chayne does. :/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 16:18:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm wondering if Cheney might just implicate someone else. Scapegoats are also crucial to politics.