WAR Empyrean Body/Hands Projected Stats
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-12-07 04:08:58
Link | Citer | R

dimpson said:
Epona's ring is cool and all but WAR can't really use it.

oh, right i didnt even look lol
 Cerberus.Blazed
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-12-07 13:33:59
Link | Citer | R

yup, and war cant use twilight belt.
8% haste and 2% double attack.
But mnk, which has Black belt can.
wow se, wtf?
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 17:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blazed said:
wow se, wtf?

Twilight belt is 7% Haste, and the reason for MNKs being ale to use it is probably because SE figured not all MNKs would be able to obtain a Black belt (out of pure laziness nowadays, sad but true), so with the addition of Twilight and MNK AF3 hands even a "less dedicated" MNK can hit haste cap easily.

I disapprove of this favoritism, but a 2% DA loss on WAR doesn't bother me that much.
I'll still be happy with the remaining +22% DA WAR can already get from other gear alone.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-08 06:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
wow se, wtf?

Twilight belt is 7% Haste, and the reason for MNKs being ale to use it is probably because SE figured not all MNKs would be able to obtain a Black belt (out of pure laziness nowadays, sad but true), so with the addition of Twilight and MNK AF3 hands even a "less dedicated" MNK can hit haste cap easily.

I disapprove of this favoritism, but a 2% DA loss on WAR doesn't bother me that much.
I'll still be happy with the remaining +22% DA WAR can already get from other gear alone.

Brown Belt 8% Haste Sup?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 18:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Cerberus.Blazed said:
wow se, wtf?

Brown Belt 8% Haste Sup?

In a scenario where you can cap haste with either belt (a gimp MNK scenario), the +2% DA puts Twilght above Brown belt.

I'm not saying in any way that a gimp BBless MNK should be justified or feel ok with not having a BB. Nowadays you can probably just show up at random and find the 3 NMs that drop the items up, so a MNK that doesn't work on getting his belt now is just a lazy MNK.

I was simply correcting Blazed's stats on the belt and sharing my opinion on his comment for WAR not getting a 2% DA improvement, since WAR still gets to use bullwhip belt.

A WAR complaining for not getting a 2% DA item, when he can already get up to 22% from other gear (+ the effect of full AF3 set, if you want to consider the max ammount possible) sounded a bit exagerated.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 18:23:35
Link | Citer | R

4/5 AF3+2, Usukane Sune-ate, and Twilight Belt makes for 25% haste. Kind of reminds me of the 5/5 Usu + Brown Belt MNKs of days past, albeit way less gimp... The idea of being a non-Black Belt MNK with that much bluebox AF3 is kind of appalling though, and I admittedly like the idea of TPing in full JSE and BB for aesthetic reasons.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-08 20:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't this be the new best WAR TP set up? Weapon included
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 20:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Ukon is better than Bravura from a pure DD stand point. Personally I prefer the relic because it opens up to tanking opportunities. Comparing your set vs this

I see the main differences in a smaller ammount of STP, Acc and DA on your set, in favor of some slightly higer STR and attack.

Also, AF3 hands and the fact they somehow enhance restraint makes them interesting imo, even though I don't knowwhat their effect is.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-08 20:59:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Ukon is probaby better than Bravura from a pure DD stand point. Personally I prefer the relic because it opens up to tanking opportunities. Comparing your set vs this

I see the main differences in a smaller ammount of STP and DA on your set. Also, AF3 hands and the fact they somehow enhance restraint makes them interesting imo, even though I don't knowwhat their effect is.
You can probably just macro them in like a lot of equipment in this game for restraint >.> And Bravura like with most relics is dead, you can reach the PDT cap on WAR w/o the aftermath now so its 100% lost its luster. Ukko's is just too good.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 21:05:32
Link | Citer | R

I was working on Bravura and will get back to it when I return to the game next week. The fact you can reach pdt with other gear though doesn't mean it makes it useless. I'll agree ukon beats it from a pure damage perspective.

Relic WS grants 20% damage reduction (not just pdt or mdt, if I remember correctly the effect is -20% damage) though. That's a huge ammount coming from just one slot, and if a Relic WAR was to tank, the activation of retaliation and normal swinging would allow him to spam the WS quite oftenly while taking minimal damage. for a capped pdt or mdt build on WAR you'd otherwise need to sacrifice a lot more slots and sacrifice much more melee stats (Haste etc).

Here's a thought about the effect from AF3 hands on Restraint. The JA enhances WS damage with each normal hit, right? That could mean that to benefit the most from the enhancement on the hands you could be best wearing them as much as possible.
Just a thought, we will need to see what their effect is.

Edit: Still, I think the set I proposed would be better, Ukon or Bravura
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-08 21:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
I was working on Bravura and will get back to it when I return to the game next week. The fact you can reach pdt with other gear though doesn't mean it makes it useless. I'll agree ukon beats it from a pure damage perspective.

Relic WS grants 20% damage reduction though. That's a huge ammount coming from just one slot, and if a Relic WAR was to tank, the activation of retaliation and normal swinging would allow him to spam the WS quite oftenly while taking minimal damage. for a capped pdt or mdt build on WAR you'd otherwise need to sacrifice a lot more slots.

Here's a thought about the effect from AF3 hands on Restraint. The JA enhances WS damage with each normal hit, right? That could mean that to benefit the most from the enhancement on the hands you could be best wearing them as much as possible.
Just a thought, we will need to see what their effect is
With WHMs having unlimited MP, I really don't think the loss of damage would ever be worth a couple more macro slots. You lose soooo much damage using a bravura over Ukon's, its a sad truth for most WARs me included :X
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 21:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Relic WS grants 20% damage reduction though. That's a huge ammount coming from just one slot, and if a Relic WAR was to tank, the activation of retaliation and normal swinging would allow him to spam the WS quite oftenly while taking minimal damage. for a capped pdt or mdt build on WAR you'd otherwise need to sacrifice a lot more slots.

Just a thought, we will need to see what their effect is
With WHMs having unlimited MP, I really don't think the loss of damage would ever be worth a couple more macro slots. You lose soooo much damage using a bravura over Ukon's, its a sad truth for most WARs me included :X

You're probably 100% right.
Personally, I'll still try finish Bravura. It was my long sought achievement and I wouldn't like leaving it unfinished.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 21:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Aside from the GA choices, comparing the 2 sets we considered (let's call them Bravura and Ukonvasara build), unless the itemset calculator messed up, we have:

"Bravura build" VS "Ukonvasara build"

Accuracy: 39 VS 27

DEX: 14 VS 5

STR: 21 VS 23

DA: 18 VS 16

STP: 19 VS 18
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-08 21:42:52
Link | Citer | R

You both have more STP than you need.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-08 21:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Aside from the GA choices, comparing the 2 sets we considered (let's call them Bravura and Ukonvasara build), unless the itemset calculator messed up, we have:

"Bravura build" VS "Ukonvasara build"

Accuracy: 39 VS 27

DEX: 14 VS 5

STR: 21 VS 23

DA: 18 VS 16

STP: 19 VS 18
Then compare how long it takes to get 100tp and compare RR/MT vs. Ukko's Furry and the Aftermath of Ukon's, Bravura gets left behind like every other relic. :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 21:53:13
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't using the 2 GA stats for the math, those are the pure stats from the TP builds.
If you want to add those 2 GAs then it's basically Acc 74 VS 27 and STR 21 VS 38

Bravura has a 13.2 Tp return VS Ukon's 13 Tp return

With Bravura, you could very easily use Raging Rush, counting RR/VV Atmas and have a better TP return than Ukon for that matter.

However, another positive aspect both of us didn't consider is the additional DEF down effect (-18.5% for 1 minute) from Metatron Torment which all the DDs in the alliance would benefit from.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-08 21:54:11
Link | Citer | R

edit: derp
By Sheelay 2010-12-08 21:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Edit: derp 2 :X

Edit #2:

Bismarck.Altar said:
You both have more STP than you need.

You're right. Counting the Regain from VV Atma I could probably swap out Goading Belt for V.Belt / N.Sash and exchange Blitz ring for a STR or Acc/Atk ring.

Also moonshade earring with its' 1TP/Tick Regain augment could prove useful, although i honestly think SE could've given it much better augments, considering it's the final reward from a 3 year long expansion.