First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 04:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said:
Did you really just attempt to call 5/5STP and meditate a bad merit choice? Out ->
It's a horrible merit choice and you should feel bad for choosing it. oh /sarcasm
 Valefor.Mattyc
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 04:20:54
Link | Citer | R

at any rate i just find greedy people to be a thorn in the side, "people DONT have to pay", i was just stating if they do pay on something they can do with friends or a ls there just plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2010-11-18 04:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Alternatively if they have plenty of gil and little play time, they can use their gil to obtain atmas that will better them far more than any piece of gear. It's a good service people can offer to people who don't have an easy means to get Atmas. Sure it's great if you want to give them away for free, I wouldn't ever expect that though.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-11-18 04:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Yugl said:
we worked for the pop item, so why if you suggest that it be free, you're suggesting that our labor during the fight means less than yours.

when did "sitting on ur fat *** playing a video game" be considered work and hard labor? It costs you nothing to get these pop items except time you could be spending idling at Horst in port jeuno. This is just another lazy pathetic way to make gil.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 04:30:18
Link | Citer | R

ya, i agree dramtica, its sad though, in my time playing i feel that being kind and courteous to those who surround you to be a far better reward, people remember you for your actions right? so why be like this towards people on your server? i hosted a full day run in shout for eccentric eve briaerus and few other nm's that corresponded to the zones we were in, but anyways 99% of whom play this game are greedy, i just dont wanna share that quality.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 04:31:36
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:
we worked for the pop item, so why if you suggest that it be free, you're suggesting that our labor during the fight means less than yours.

when did "sitting on ur fat *** playing a video game" be considered work and hard labor? It costs you nothing to get these pop items except time you could be spending idling at Horst in port jeuno. This is just another lazy pathetic way to make gil.
If you don't wanna buy the atma don't, but I know plenty of people that don't have the means to obtain atmas on their own due to not having a linkshell and not having many friends. The price may be high but no reason to bash the dude for trying to make gil off an atma.

Though from your point of view it seems like everyone should just give away all their gear and gil for free while they're at it since it's not fair to charge someone for doing nothing while gaining a good atma or item. If you want to give away atmas go ahead but don't insult someone for trying to make gil off it.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-11-18 04:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
its sad though, in my time playing i feel that being kind and courteous to those who surround you to be a far better reward, people remember you for your actions right? so why be like this towards people on your server? 99% of whom play this game are greedy, i just dont wanna share that quality.

i like this guy
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 04:37:56
Link | Citer | R

its how people should be in and out of game no?
id understand charging for drops. "things you can actually use outside of abyssea"
of course that's understandable, but something thats only active in a zone with a time limit is just plain stupid, as far as having no friends....or ls.....make friends....look for an ls on your server?
paying for anything so ridiculous as an atma is stupid...i understand on most of our servers now our economy is screwed "do to abyssea" to me the idea of selling atma is just plain greedy. that is all.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-18 04:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Haven't you heard? The name of this MMO is Final Fantasy XI: Abyssea. There is no content outside of Abyssea, so why's it so unreasonable to sell something that's better than gear in an area you're pretty much exclusively in for such a high price?

Serious question, it's the same as selling RARE/EX gear. If you don't like it, go organize your own groups, but realize this is still a good way to make profit for a lot of people.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 04:45:57
Link | Citer | R

I agree it is dumb to have to pay for an atma, but for some people it would be easier to just pay the 400k rather then look for a ls or find the time to farm pops/find people to do it. I wouldn't ever pay for it but I know people that need the atmas and are willing the pay 200-400k for it just because of how big a part of the game abyssea is and how greatly atmas effect your performance.

You don't have to agree with the OP but I don't see why people have to bash him for not giving it away. It is greedy to charge 400k for one of the easier atmas to get, but not everyone gets the chance to tag along for a free atma and I know a few people that would jump at this chance. Though maybe not for that price, I know people that have been trying for weeks to find someone to buy atmas from.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 04:47:41
Link | Citer | R

because its not hard to get?
me and my friends 5 manned our eccentric eve atma for FREE.
its not something I WOULD PAY FOR im not saying DONT PAY FOR your atma.
i was "once again" stating people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for paying.
working together as a team and helping people get things they cant get on there own shouldn't come with a price, "gear i understand", atma come on.....like i said kind and courteous > greedy actions, people will always remember you for what you do in this game, and in turn later on in the game i'm sure a good amount will return the favor in a similar way.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-18 04:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Atma's aren't hard, but some people don't have enough friends, or friends that are skilled enough/with the right jobs to accomplish the task. Shouting for help is always sketchy, I hate pick up groups because you don't know if you can rely on them or not. It's a lot easier to just depend on a group that can depend on each other and pay them for something you want.

Honestly, Atma is really gear. I don't see how you're not getting that. Think of it like a WoW 'Trinket' that's Abyssea-exclusive.
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 04:54:24
Link | Citer | R

that's just sad X, id gladly let anyone come for atma, they help with the cause i don't see why they shouldn't be rewarded for there performance. they help trigger the !! and kill the mob right? id rather have people helping trigger !! rather than sit back and let chosen few do all the work.

im just not the type for charging people, and if i come off like im bashing its because i dont agree with the idea of charging people for it.

like i said i understand at this time gil is kinda hard to come by, so ya all power to him, i have plenty of gil "basically just sit on it" but i would never spend over 50k on an atma lol.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-11-18 04:55:18
Link | Citer | R

Augur's jaseran from ovni is easy to get for example, can do it solo or duo and i still manage to get 1mil per. Atma is really no different than items in a sense that people only care about abyssea lately and the fact that it's one of the best melee atma out there, there is obviously a demand for it. supply and demand buddy, if someone has the money and lacks any normal means of getting the item, buy it. if you have those means dont buy it. everyone else out->
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 04:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
because its not hard to get?
me and my friends 5 manned our eccentric eve atma for FREE.
its not something I WOULD PAY FOR im not saying DONT PAY FOR your atma.
i was "once again" stating people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for paying.
working together as a team and helping people get things they cant get on there own shouldn't come with a price, "gear i understand", atma come on.....like i said kind and courteous > greedy actions, people will always remember you for what you do in this game, and in turn later on in the game i'm sure a good amount will return the favor in a similar way.
Not everyone has the means to 5 man eccentic eve for the atma, and if someone has enough gil that they don't mind spending 400k gil for str+50 da+5% regain 2/tic or whatever the stats are in a zone where most people spend a lot of their time why wouldn't you pay for it? If people were able to 5-man EE for atma they would do it, but not everyone can. You're saying people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for not being able to get friends together to get atma, and instead paying 400k for someone to get it for them.

Buying may not be the most cost efficient way to get atmas, but calling someone HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for it is just... HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and quite rude. Call the OP greedy all you want, but buying atmas does not make you a retard.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-18 04:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
that's just sad X, id gladly let anyone come for atma, they help with the cause i don't see why they shouldn't be rewarded for there performance. they help trigger the !! and kill the mob right? id rather have people helping trigger !! rather than sit back and let chosen few do all the work.

im just not the type for charging people, and if i come off like im bashing its because i dont agree with the idea of charging people for it.

like i said i understand at this time gil is kinda hard to come by, so ya all power to him, i have plenty of gil "basically just sit on it" but i would never spend over 50k on an atma lol.
Do you understand how capitalism works?

Hell, do you understand basic economics?
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-18 04:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:

im not saying DONT PAY FOR your atma.

oh, ok.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 04:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Augur's jaseran from ovni is easy to get for example, can do it solo or duo and i still manage to get 1mil per. Atma is really no different than items in a sense that people only care about abyssea lately and the fact that it's one of the best melee atma out there, there is obviously a demand for it. supply and demand buddy, if someone has the money and lacks any normal means of getting the item, buy it. if you have those means dont buy it. everyone else out->
Lucky :x I've let quite a few hit the floor when I static'd Ovni cause I couldn't find a buyer and after a while I ran out of people to give them away to. >.>
 Diabolos.Slanderous
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Slanderous 2010-11-18 04:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Diabolos.Yugl said:

lol umad?
[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-11-18 05:01:26
Link | Citer | R

ya i agree that shouts can be sketch but thats why you explain to the people you bring before even entering abyssea, assign certain people certain weapon's to use with the corresponding weaponskill's that trigger !!, if people don't understand then you just assign to someone else who does, i've killed EE with my ls, and then 5 time's with shout groups, "not 1 time did we have any issue triggering !!.

and yes i do understand but its not gear....
gear "you wear"
and it can be worn anywhere, not specific zones.
at any rate i agree to a point, just dont like a price tag thrown on something that's not hard to get is all.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-11-18 05:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:

People are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for using the auction house, why pay for something you can farm yourself?

AMIRITE?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-18 05:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Yarly said:
People are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for using the auction house, why pay for something you can farm yourself?

Anyone who uses the AH is a *** moron. Go outside and slay monsters you lazy piece of ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-18 05:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
at any rate i agree to a point, just dont like a price tag thrown on something that's not hard to get is all.
Under this logic why sell anything? Nothing in FFXI is hard to get, we should just give everything away for free.

Time has a value. The seller defines that value (along with the value of their effort) by what they think they can get out of the market. lrn2economics
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 05:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:
ya i agree that shouts can be sketch but thats why you explain to the people you bring before even entering abyssea, assign certain people certain weapon's to use with the corresponding weaponskill's that trigger !!, if people don't understand then you just assign to someone else who does, i've killed EE with my ls, and then 5 time's with shout groups, "not 1 time did we have any issue triggering !!.

gear "you wear"
Think of it like a piece of MDT gear. You don't use it all the time but you are still willing to pay 500k for a piece. In most cases you'll probably use that atma more than you'll use some equally expensive pieces of situational gear.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-18 05:06:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:

gear "you wear"
Think of it like a piece of MDT gear. You don't use it all the time but you are still willing to pay 500k for a piece. In most cases you'll probably use that atma more than you'll use some equally expensive pieces of situational gear.
I'm not entirely sure this guy has MDT gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-11-18 05:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:

gear "you wear"
What makes you say that? :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-18 05:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
Valefor.Mattyc said:

gear "you wear"
What makes you say that? :(

You poor, poor sheltered child. :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-18 05:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Not in equip history, uses Axe Grip, posts comments with no grounding in basic concepts... Shall I go on?
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-11-18 05:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Hey king behemoth is easily 5mannable. If you charge me gil to join your party and lot the defending ring THAT'S HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It should be FREE.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-18 05:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said:

gear "you wear"

ITT: the fact that you can't "wear" atma makes everyone's point invalid.

nobody said it was literally gear, because it's obviously not.

Quote:

i'm clearly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for buying wind crystals. i mean, if people just handed me wind crystals, i'd take them, and i'm sure people would love to take your atma if you handed it to them too. but not everyone has people throwing atmas at them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7