Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » O.O Scary! O.O
O.O Scary! O.O
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-17 10:19:04
Link | Citer | R

FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
Senate Bill S 510

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510&tab=summary

http://laughterandliberty.com/senate-bill-s510-explained-sort-of/

Theres alot of links on this. I just pick the one that dumbs it down, and one that dumbs it down even further. Please research and discuss this. I want to know what people think, or if they have ever even heard of it. This is pretty scary.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-11-17 10:49:31
Link | Citer | R

I won't pretend I fully understand everything that's in this bill. However, from what I did understand, I just don't really see how it could benefit anyone.

It reads to me like a convenient way of controlling which companies are aloud to produce and distribute foods. Placing restrictions on small farmers and gardeners who wish to sell or give away their crops seems to be a ploy to promote larger companies (with greater abilities to contribute to political campaigns). While giving the Health Secretary the power to place freezes on companies he's suspicious of simply gives the government more power to manipulate "free" markets.

I may be misunderstanding what I read or not seeing aspects of the bill accurately. OP (or anyone else), If you're well read on the bill and want to clarify more about the implications of instating it, please do~ :)
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-17 11:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
I won't pretend I fully understand everything that's in this bill. However, from what I did understand, I just don't really see how this benefits anyone. It reads to me like a convenient way of controlling which companies are aloud to produce and distribute foods. Placing restrictions on small farmers and gardeners who wish to sell or give away their crops is an obvious ploy to promote larger companies (with greater abilities to contribute to political campaigns). While giving the Health Secretary the power to place freezes on companies he's suspicious of simply gives the government more power to manipulate "free" markets. I may be misunderstanding what I read or not seeing aspects of the bill accurately. OP (or anyone else), If you're well read on the bill and want to clarify more about the implications of instating it, please do~ :)

I'm def no expert on this bill. lol I just saw it while browsing the web on and it sparked my intrest. But I am understanding this bill as you are. This will benefit no one but big business. I was also hoping someone with more knowledge on this bill will gives us some unbiased info. Either way, its no good. If this bill passes, it will open the flood gate even further than it already has been with things such as the patriot act...../sigh